Quantcast October trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: October trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default October trip

My friend and I are planning on going to Disneyland while we are in California for Blizzcon. Blizzcon is Oct. 21 & 22 at the convention center. Would it be better to visit Disneyland the three or four days before or the three or four days after?
    Are there any hotels that are within walking distance of Disneyland and the convention center?
    How is Mickey's Halloween Party compared to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom?
    Any other tidbits you can throw my way?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go before the convention - as it would be a Monday - Thursday. The parks are much more crowded on the weekends. You'll be able to accomplish so much more early in the week.

You cannot compare the 2 Halloween parties. The gathering at Disneyland does not have special fireworks or the parade. However, it is fun -- and cheaper in cost. You can still dress up, go on the attractions and trick-or-treat. I actually like the treat stations better in Disneyland.

Not sure about hotels - as I typically use my DVC points and stay on site. Hopefully someone with knowledge of the Center's location will chime in.

As far as tips go - don't miss The Billys at the Horseshoe OR Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Have you been to Disneyland before? - because there are many must dos as far as attractions go.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've been to Disneyland before, but it has been a while - a long while - and I am sure things have changed.

It will be nice to go back.

Post Thanks / Like

There are (were ) special fireworks for Mickey's trick or treat party. They are called Halloween Screams. Really good. I got to see them before they were exclusive to the party. Don’t forget about Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction -- Disneyland does have special fireworks for the Halloween parties. That is the only time you can see them by paying for them.

PS - Marci just beat me to this post.
    You can skip Ghost Galaxy the fireworks are WAYYYYY better! (imho)
    Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

There are tons of hotels within walking distance of both DLR and the Convention Center. I have stayed at the Hilton which is connected with the Center and could easily have walked to DLR. I chose to use the Anaheim Resort Transit which offers reasonably priced tickets for one or more days. They travel throughout the area with many stops at many places all day long.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    There are (were ) special fireworks for Mickey's trick or treat party. They are called Halloween Screams.
    They weren't offered when I went to the party.

I'm assuming these were added when the party moved from California Adventure??
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

We firmed up our dates. Oct 17 - 23. I can get a good deal at the Sheraton. Does anyone know if it is within walking distance? It says it is near the convention center and Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

It is walking distance but that is a long walk. Lots of people do it. But after a long day of walking around the parks, it might be best to take the shuttle (which I am pretty sure they have). It may only run every half hour but it beats walking.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

I found a website that shows the Disneyland area hotels. It looks like the Annabella hotel is the closest. We will have a vehicle. I just think it would be easier to walk, especially on the days that we want to leave the convention and just go to Disneyland. Does anyone have any opinions on the Annabella?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: