Quantcast Disneyland Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneyland Question

Ok, I know it's a Disney World site but... I've been wanting to take my wife to Disneyland in December to see the Christmas decorations. We've been to WDW many times and figured it would be fun to see the "other" Disney.

Does anyone have some experiences/thoughts on hotels on site at Disneyland? I think we'd probably only be there for a couple days and would like to make it a memorable trip.

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the Grand Californian is wonderful! We stayed there 6 years ago and will be going back for Halloween this October. The lobby is very grand with large fireplaces and rocking chairs (think Wilderness Lodge) but with an Arts and Crafts style of architecture. The location can't be beat either, there is a back gate to California Adventure park right outside of a back door of the hotel lobby and Disneyland park is a 5 minute walk from the front. I haven't been to the other on-site hotels as Disneyland but I would definitely recommend the Grand Californian
    1982 - Offsite
    1985, 1988- Cont.
    1990, 1992- Poly
    1994 - OKW
    1996 - BWI/OKW
    1998 - AS
    2000 - DL
    2001 - POR
    2002 - BWI
    2005 - DL GC
    2005 - BC
    2007 - BWV
    12/2008, 11/10- BCV DVC
    12/2009- Dolphin Honeymoon
    10/11 DL GC!

Next Up: 12/30/13-1/4/14 BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you to the Disneyland Accommodations forum with this, you'll probably get a better response there.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Californian's lobby is incredible at Christmas time. Haven't seen DLH or PP in a long time. If it is only for a couple of days and can swing it. I would stay at the Grand Californian. DLH would be my second choice.

Disneyland it self is transformed into a winter wonderland. Main Street is very decorative. The castle is adorned with lights. There are reindeer at Big Thunder Ranch. They have the Christmas parade. At least last year it was not part of any parties, and was a regular scheduled parade. Can't say if there will be anything like they have at WDW with the Christmas parties.

Don't know how much decorations will be at DCA because of the construction. Last year they had a tree near Ariel's Grotto.

Hope this helps.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for GCH at Christmastime. The lobby is decorated beautifully. And the walk through Downtown Disney on your way to Disneyland (and back again) is especially pretty with all the trees lit up at night.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a special trip and money is not a deciding factor - Grand Californian all the way!
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Californian gets another vote. Its where we stay every year when we visit for Christmas. The tree in the lobby is beautiful and with the roaring fireplace also very homey.
    Christmas is my favorite time at Disneyland. Wherever you stay, you will be happy with your choice.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Californian is an amazing resort! If you can swing it, DO IT! We've stayed there four times now and it is always a treat. We were there last December for a few days prior to Christmas and it was beautiful, cozy, and we loved hearing the piano in the lobby playing Holiday music and listening to the Carolers singing every night.

Disneyland Hotel would come in a close second, though. The entire hotel is undergoing a complete renovation and it's really amazing now (the stuff that's done). It is scheduled to be fully complete on 11/11/11, so if you come after that, it will be all done.

I can't recommend Paradise Pier. We stayed there once and that was enough. Just this past weekend, we ate at Napa Rose and parked our car at the PP and as we walked through it, DH mentioned that Disney really dropped the ball on that hotel, and he never wanted to stay there again.

For a VERY special treat, have dinner at Napa Rose. INCREDIBLE food and service and the restaurant is beautiful! We just enjoyed a great 10th anniversary dinner there last weekend. Napa Rose =
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Sending you to the Disneyland Accommodations forum with this, you'll probably get a better response there.
    My fault. I've always assumed intercot was Disney World only. I should have looked a bit harder. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Sounds like Grand Californian is my option. Time to start saving!

Thanks for all the replies.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: