Quantcast June 2011

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: June 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default June 2011

I am doing this report on behalf of my sister. She (in her 30s) and her 6 year old daughter went to Disneyland June 8-11th. They flew from Phoenix and met up with some friends there. Their friends live just around the corner from them. They are a husband and wife (in their 30s) and have a daughter around 6. But they started their trip by driving to California on Sunday. My sister wasn't able to take off that long from work. So my sister and niece flew out Wed morning but will drive back with their friends on Saturday. They all have annual passes, so Saturday they hit up Downtown Disney before their drive home.

They said the weather was great! Low 70s for the highs. They wore jeans every day and just needed light sweatshirts. She said wait times weren't bad, everything under 30 minutes. They had never gone at the beginning of June, so she wasn't sure on crowds or weather. Both were great! My niece was now tall enough to ride Space Mountain and Tower of Terror. She rode Space Mountain twice and LOVED it! She said Tower of Terror made her tummy pop . She only rode it once, but thought it was fun.

Both girls did the BBB, brought their own dresses from home. I think my sister said it was just over $40 to have hair, make-up and nails done. Both girls loved the experience! My sister thought the price was very fair. I saw the pictures and the girls were so cute!

They all did the character dinner at the Disnyland Hotel. They said the food was good and so were the characters. They had a lot of fun there!

They stayed on the cheap this trip. They stayed at the Super 8 that's about a mile away. They walked to the parks. My sister said she won't stay there again, just too cheap for her. She prefers the Best Western (I believe the Stovalls Inn is the one she likes).

They really liked the new parade! They also rode the new Star Tours ride twice (and my sister would refuse to ride the old one and she likes this one!). They also rode the new Little Mermaid ride a few times in a row with little wait time in between. They really liked it! I asked her not to tell me many details on the new rides since my DH and I are planning to go next year and want to be surprised. They didn't catch the memories show on It's a Small World. But they watched the fireworks, which were great as always. They were surprised to see Dumbo fly overhead. I don't remember if Tink flew too. But she said it was so cool to see!

I think that wraps it up. But they had a great trip even though my sister's DH wasn't able to join them on this trip. But it was a special mommy daughter trip and they had so much fun and made a lot of memories together!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. I haven't been back to DL for 6 years!It sounds like it is time for me to go back.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for sharing your sister's adventures with us. I'm glad they had a good time and were able to experience both of the new attractions.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I am happy to share their adventures! My sister or niece would call me every once in a while just so I could HEAR Disneyland! Some people think that's mean, but I love it. Helps me feel like I'm there! I can't wait until I get to go again. I went last year with my 2 sisters. But my DH hasn't been in about 5 or 6 years now. He keeps asking when he gets to go! So we think we'll do Disneyland next year and do WDW in 2013 when the Fantasyland expansion will be guaranteed complete. Its hard to wait!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: