Quantcast Candlelight Processional

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candlelight Processional

I have never gone to see the Candlelight Processional before. This year I think I would like to see it. It will be myself, DH, DD12, DS10 and DS7. Is it hard to get a seat and how long would we have to stand in line for a seat? I know that I can do the dining package but I don't want to do that. We are doing a character dining in the morning. Also is it worth seeing? I will be going to epcot on 12/2/2011 so I believe Whoopi Goldberg will be the narrator. Thanks
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I stood in line exactly once

Every year after the first year, I just wander up to the back and stand outside the theater if it is full.

IMO the time spent waiting on line for this event is better spent elsewhere in the park. You can hear and see everything from the rear. The theater is not that big. The one downside would be watching from this area with small children. They either have to get on your shoulders, or just listen to the event.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

For the "standby" line you usually have to be there 2-3 hours before showtime. The option listed above is definitely viable, but that can be tough with small kids and you wouldn't be able to see much. As for "is it worth it?" Well, that depends on your expectations. The CP is nothing more than a mass choir singing traditional Christmas hymns with a celebrity reading passages straight from the Bible. There's no drama or narration other than scripture. It's not a very "Disney" show with all the characters and gee-whiz factor. I love it's simplicity and I love the music, but if you're not into scripture and choir music, or if your kids wouldn't sit still for it, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4 View Post
    You can hear and see everything from the rear.
    Hearing... yes.
    But, guests cannot see "everything" from the area behind the rear of the theater.

There are trees and the tech booth that block the sight-lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you've never experienced it I would advise waiting the 2 hours or so It's well worth it! One person can save a place in line too that way one parent can walk around with the children still.

I know my 2 little ones would not wait that long. So someone would save a spot and we would switch 1/2 way through.

After that, just watching from the back isn't bad Enjoy!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

is it worth seeing? in a word, YES.

it's really a fabulous show. we have always done the dining package so i don't know about the wait. and i will tell you that a CM told me last year that Whoopi is by far the most popular guest speaker so get in line very early. but she is really worth it.
    Not sure how to handle the wait. someone above suggested to take turns in line, and i have no problem w/ that at all.....in fact i would say yes do it...but i know some on here have gotten upset about that.
    one suggestion is to get in line, and then maybe have your husband go and get some food and have kind of a picnic while you wait.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    is it worth seeing? in a word, YES.

it's really a fabulous show. we have always done the dining package so i don't know about the wait. and i will tell you that a CM told me last year that Whoopi is by far the most popular guest speaker so get in line very early. but she is really worth it.
    Not sure how to handle the wait. someone above suggested to take turns in line, and i have no problem w/ that at all.....in fact i would say yes do it...but i know some on here have gotten upset about that.
    one suggestion is to get in line, and then maybe have your husband go and get some food and have kind of a picnic while you wait.
    Really? I would have not thought that. To me the family is still in line. And if Disney doesn't have an issue with it, then I'm not sure why someone else would. Just my own opinion of course
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen CP numerous times. I have never stood in the stand-by line and have always been able to be seated to watch the show. I've also watched it standing up on the walkway, I'd prefer sitting though.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how they will do the DP this year. I know last year it was 2 credits, but Le Cellier is 2 credits already now.

I've seen the show 2 ways. The first time we did the DP seating (only 1 credit) and it was great.

The 2nd time we stood in the back and me being short I couldn't see much of anything. I could hear great and I could see some of the choir but I couldn't see Steven Curtis Chapman at all.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: