Quantcast The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Pre trip report!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Pre trip report!

Summer+Vero+WDW+DL=

Here we go again!! Back to back summer trips...

Cast:
    Me, Lisa
    DH, Steven
    DD, Katie 17
    DD, Khloe 15
    DS, Kai 11

Our tradition is to spend Fourth of July someplace "new"..it doesn't have to be WDW related, but this year it is. Disney's Vero Beach resort! Our first time there. We head there after a one night stay in WDW, our first time at the Grand Floridian! This one night stay was a recent add on. Our flights got pushed back which didn't work for us, so we added a day sooner! We are renting a car from the airport and driving to WDW. This will be our first time having a car in Florida, we usually rely on Magical Express. We will spend the evening at the MK. Thank goodness we became passholders! After our night at the Grand Flo, we will walk to Konas for breakfast, then check out and head to Disney's Vero Beach resort. We will get there before the fourth of July, and leave a few days after. We plan a trip to UCF for Katie, since her goal is to transfer there after Disney's College/or Career start program, whichever pans out for her. We also plan on a visit to Celebration. Our wishes for Vero are simple. Relax, relax, relax. Activities and pool parties at the resort. (since we loved them so much at Disney's HHI resort)..and hopefully some turtle watching. We will also visit Mel Fischers treasure museum since we are all pirate nerds. We will plan on seafood at as many meals as we can!!! We have a 2BR villa, and have requested an Ocean view. We cannot wait for this brand new fourth of July adventure!
    Checking out of Vero we will head back to WDW to where else? The Polynesian! Lagoon view, club level, room only summer discount since we now have our AP's. 4 days of Poly, Ohana's our first night to celebrate being back. We have Via Napoli, Yachtsman, Sci Fi, and Garden Grill booked. The only one not flexible is Ohana's. We will be easy peasy these days and see what we feel like doing and seeing. If ADR's need to flip, so be it. fgWe still have 3 leftover water mice coupons from our winning of multiple pool games in April at the Poly, so we will use those. (good for 1/2 hour each) As a family we need 3 mice when we go out, so this works perfectly for us.
    When we leave WDW we have 1 1/2 weeks home before we sneak in a BD trip for DH to a cabin in Vermont (our other home away from home) then....2 wks later...

DISNEYLAND!!!!!!

This will be our second trip to Disneyland, my husbands job is bringing us back there again this August. Disneyland Hotel 10 nights. We have the same bldg/room type booked as last year since we loved it so much. Dreams tower (now Adventurers tower) , theme park/DTD view, club level. This is a completely renovated bldg and it is wonderful. As for planning? ...not so much. Even though this trip is across country, I learned last year that it required little planning. This has got to be the easiest trip we ever pulled off, in terms of feeling at home and navigating about rather naturally. Natalie (BrerGnat) was a huge help in answering so many of our questions last year, even about Southern California in general. She directed us to all the beaches, towns, and restaurants we should try. Disneyland is the flip side of WDW. Laid back is its middle name. ADR's? Not needed!!! How wonderful is that?? No running/roller derby competition at opening!!! Chill is the word. Magical and original is the setting. We will have hoppers for the majority of our days so we can come and go as we please. Both parks are an easy 5 minute walk from our room. And DTD is rightthere. I'm not so much a fan of DTD in WDW, however, we really like it in DL. Super relaxed vibe, never packed and impossible to walk and see things, live music each evening, and shows too. The stores and restaurants terrific. No busses or boats to be found. All is right in front of you. The monorail is more an attraction then a mode of transportation. It is much quicker of a walk to the parks. We know what we want more of this year..namely Laguna Beach was our favorite, so we will enjoy more time there. We loved all the farmers markets around the Hollywood area and plan on hitting the one in Malibu this year. We saw all the big touristy Hollywood attractions last year, and we will see if we'll repeat them. I'm so excited to see and swim in the new monorail pool at the resort and also to experience the two new restaurants there., both Polynesian style, right up our alley!

That's it in a nutshell! Wishing all my fellow intercotees a wonderful summer! ~Lisa
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Lisa, what wonderful summer plans!! Have a wonderfully relaxed time at Vero, and enjoy your days at WDW... so nice that you can just go with the flow b/c of your recent trip.

(and I have to ask -- where do you stay in Vermont? We love visiting NH, as we lived there for 6 years, and occas. get up to VT....)

And have a GREAT time in California... what a wonderful opportunity! Does your DH get a fair amt of time off to spend with you all? Enjoy the beaches... so different, compared to our east coast beaches... just beautiful. You've got me jonesing to go...

Can't wait for your trip reports!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Lisa, what wonderful summer plans!! Have a wonderfully relaxed time at Vero, and enjoy your days at WDW... so nice that you can just go with the flow b/c of your recent trip.

(and I have to ask -- where do you stay in Vermont? We love visiting NH, as we lived there for 6 years, and occas. get up to VT....)

And have a GREAT time in California... what a wonderful opportunity! Does your DH get a fair amt of time off to spend with you all? Enjoy the beaches... so different, compared to our east coast beaches... just beautiful. You've got me jonesing to go...

Can't wait for your trip reports!!
    We stay in a little town right by Smugglers Notch in a log cabin resort while in Vermont. And I'm not a woodsy person and I love this place. Talk about relaxation. We love it there.
    And yes, DH does spend a good amount of time with us while in So Cal. We have five full days before his work starts, and then he works for three, then we have 3 more days together after that. So its all good!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

VERY COOL!!! Have a BLAST!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lisa!

You will love the new monorail slide area...we can hardly wait for our staycation just to try it out! And the new bar (Trader Sam's) is pretty cool...we went in last week so the hubby could get a drink. And Tanagora Terrace is really good. We have eaten there twice now since it has opened and loved both times. Sounds like you will have a wonderful summer.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

What a fantastic summer you have before you! Looks like we can anticipate lots of really fun trip reports!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, all your plans, or lack there of, sound wonderful. For us some of the best times are those that are not so much planned for.

I hope you have a wonderful time on all your adventures!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a great summer of fun. Wish my work would send me to Disney!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,

Once again your summer adventures sound wonderful! I forgot to ask you if you all ate either breakfast or dinner at Steakhouse 55 when you were there last summer? When we go to Disneyland that is one place we always try to do....breakfast is yummy but dinner is simply wonderful. I will admit dinner for the 5 of us was pricey but worth every penny and the girls liked that they got to "dress up".

Looking forward to reading all your reports!
    Dana

Post Thanks / Like

What an exciting summer you have ahead of you. Enjoy! I can't wait to hear about Vero Beach. We are thinking of going there after our next cruise.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip!!

Looking forward to hearing about your take on Vero Beach would love to try out that resort!

I hope to get out to California next year, loved your trip report on DL from last year.

Safe travels

Dana
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

Post Thanks / Like

S - T - R - E - T - C - H that Annual Pass, Lisa! So glad that you are all getting away to your favorite place(s) this summer. As always, your plans look great - a nice mix of relaxation and activities for all of you.

Looks like we may miss you by just a few days - we arrive @ WL on Sunday the 10th. Hope I return to some fabulous trip reports!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like its going to be a very busy and fun summer!! enjoy it!
    i cant wait to read all about them!!

how i wish we had the means to go as many times as you go...when i wasn young wed go at least once a year..
    with the way things are going for us and the way prices keep going up in wdw..id be happy with going every 2/3 years..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great summer! Can't wait to read all your reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like "the best summer EVER!"

I've got a new place for you to visit. It's a little place right down Harbor, about 2 miles from Disneyland. It's called Joe's Italian Ice. It's a little shop on the side of the road that sells some AUTHENTIC Italian ices (made with real fruit) and Philadelphia style soft serve ice cream (they actually ship the ice cream mix over from Philly). The owner is a guy from NJ. They make the ices fresh every day and the flavors change daily. This place is a hidden gem for SURE! It's a great spot to head to in the middle of a hot summer day in Anaheim. Look it up online. "Joe's Ice"

I can't wait to hear your trip reports! I'll be interested to see what you think of the new stuff over at DCA. Just spent our last day there today... It was with a very heavy heart that I left the park for the last time in a LONG time. I admit, I shed a tear. I'll be living vicariously through others trip reports for awhile.

Have an amazing time on all your stops!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Awwe..Nat. You've been so lucky to be right next door to Disneyland, and you've been so helpful to so many people, including..me. I can only imagine how you feel.
    I love the tip about Joes Ice!!! You can be sure we'll find it. We are all about ice cream..!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I love the tip about Joes Ice!!! You can be sure we'll find it. We are all about ice cream..!
    Just look for the red, white, and green awning. Head South on Harbor. Joe's is on the left, just after you get into Garden Grove (the city that neighbors Anaheim). Don't be put off by the sketchy look of the area. It's perfectly safe, I promise!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful magical time Lisa!

You have a summer to remember stacked up!!!!

Can't wait to read all of the reports!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, what a marvelous summer trip!

You will LOVE Vero Beach! We're going back again in August. It's an easy drive and a lovely place! Great waves to play in! And the sea turtles are cool!

And I hope you get to meet some of the lovely folks in Celebration! It really is a charming town. While it's no longer owned by Disney, it has a lot of history and charm that is remnant of the "town that Disney built".

I'm so excited to be planning a trip to DLR in 2014```a stopover on our way to Alauni! Nat, I may need some DLR help too!

Have a great trip Lisa and I hope to see ya real soon!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I love your summer laid back plans! I'm sure you guys are having a great trip. Can't wait to read your reports (and tell Katie she needs to do her reports this time around!)!

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: