Quantcast All Star Music or POP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All Star Music or POP

We're in the tentative (hoping the economy and income pick up) stages of planning a 2012 vacation and I'm wondering about POP Century vs. All Star Music.

We've stayed at All Star Sports in the past and I really much prefer the moderate resorts to the value resorts, but for financial reasons if we go to Disney we'll have to go value. So it looks like we'll be staying at POP or All Star Music next year. Now I'm coming to the experts to find out which you all prefer and why.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Lori - hoping to get back to the World in 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Music Referb

Unbiased opinion: either one will be great places to stay. As a guest, I've stayed at Pop Century and enjoyed it. The theming and location is great, and there is no bus sharing when it comes to getting to the parks.

All Star Music is the best out of the All Star resorts, only because our rooms are the most updated, cleanest, and well kept. (not saying this because I work there, but because I've witnessed working in Movies that our resort looks like a deluxe compared to Movies).

Whichever you choose, locate a building closer to the Main Building (Calypso/Jazz = Music, 50's/70's = Pop) so that you have an easier time getting food, merchandise, buses, etc)

If you want a quieter experience, go for Country building in Music or 80s building in Pop. Both hotels have the same layout room wise, same amenities, same overall experience.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific All Star questions, let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer the All Stars to Pop.....I thought the layout of Pop was just too big and I didn't like how the air conditioning system worked....it was fine really we just prefer the All Stars resorts....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I personally perfer the Pop, strictly due to the non bus sharing (well until June 2012 lol) We stayed at the Sports this last time and got a prefered room facing the pool! Needless to say we didnt go to sleep any night until after 1:00am... so that being said we perfer Pop Whatever you decide, enjoy!!!
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Of the values, we prefer POP. We've stayed at all 4 values. We like the food court better at POP and also not having to share buses.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the All Stars (Movies and Music) and like them quite a bit. We've also stayed at POP. It was a nice change of scenery. POP, though, took us out of the Disney frame of mind. While there is the typical theme of a value (over-sized statues, etc), the music and quite a bit of the decor had nothing to do with Disney, and that's one of the things we look forward to most. Which is why we like All Star Movies best of all the Values. Though we are totally looking forward to the new resort opening up across the lake from POP!

Hopefully Grand Californian Sept. 14 - Dumbo!
    DVC Members - Grand Floridian 2014!
    POP - January 14
    ASMo - September 09
    POP - November 08
    ASMo - January 06
    ASMu - June 04
    Caribbean - May 03
    Many times off property
    One of the first families to stay at the Boardwalk when it first opened!

Post Thanks / Like

njmomof5, welcome to INTERCOT!

I have not stayed at All-Star Music but have stayed at Pop Century. I believe Pop Century has a bigger food court area. That and with it being newer would make me pick Pop Century over All-Star Music. We really enjoyed our stay at Pop Century and would stay there again.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at all three All-Star Resorts, as well as Pop Century.

Of the three All-Star Resorts, I'd go with Music. However, as others have said, transportation can be an issue at the All-Star Resorts 'cos they share buses to the parks. On several occasions, the wait can be quite significant.

I enjoy Pop Century - I don't spend too much time at the resort (I'd prefer to spend my time in the parks), but do like to stay on property when I'm at WDW for a few days so that I can make use of the transportation. Pop doesn't share buses with other resorts, so the buses take you between the resort and the destination directly (other than Downtown Disney sharing a bus with Typhoon Lagoon).
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both the AsMu and the Pop Century. Each has it's own pro's and con's. Of the two, I would have to say that we liked Pop just a little bit more because of the non bus sharing. Music is great especially since as soon as you exit the main building you are greeted by the Three Cabelleros in the pool! At Pop the theme is great as well and the food court is bigger and has more of a variety(the tie die cheesecake isn't bad either). All in all we were extremely happy with both of our stays. I can say with complete honesty that we didn't have a negative experience at either one. Good luck with your choice and I hope you have a magical trip!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

....having stayed at both.....I'd say POP. It's (to me) a nicer value resort....with theming we prefer...transportation that we have never had an issue with....and an over-all resort experience that won us over immediately
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njmomof5 View Post
    We're in the tentative (hoping the economy and income pick up) stages of planning a 2012 vacation and I'm wondering about POP Century vs. All Star Music.

We've stayed at All Star Sports in the past and I really much prefer the moderate resorts to the value resorts, but for financial reasons if we go to Disney we'll have to go value. So it looks like we'll be staying at POP or All Star Music next year. Now I'm coming to the experts to find out which you all prefer and why.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Lori - hoping to get back to the World in 2012
    We've stayed in AS Sports before. I didn't hate it but I like Pop much better and here's why:

-It's newer
    -There are not 3 bus stops at Pop, they have their own busses.
    -The pool bar is nicer.
    -I like the theme of Pop better.
    - The food court and the shop are soo much nicer than the one at Sports.

The AS resorts are just older and there is more of a chance of groups being at those resorts being noisy!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

BelleBeauty Guest

I've stayed at AS Sports and Music and honestly I prefer POP. We've stayed there the past two trips. The fact that there is no bus sharing is key, and I like that it is a bit larger because we can get a room that is away from the main pool and the noise there. The back of the 50's Jukebox building on the 3rd or 4th floor is fantastic because you can have a view of IllumiNations from just outside your room!

Post Thanks / Like

Same with me! When I stayed at the AS Sports on a high school trip, it was fine for 4 kids, but that's because all we really needed was a room with a shower and a bed.

Then, a few years later, I stayed at the POP with my mom. I could definitely tell a difference in quality. I don't know if it was the layout of the resort, or the fact that it's a littler newer, but it just seemed nicer than the All Stars.

Also, the last time I was at All Star Music, they put us in the country section, and our room was kind of gross. There were huge clumps of hair everywhere and bugs in the bathroom. It definitely turned me off to the All Stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I've never stayed at any of the All-Stars. But I'm one of the weirdos that prefer Pop to even a deluxe resort. And not just because I mainly need a bed, a shower, and some chow. I just love the place! It feels like Disney with so much to see. I'm a Pop Culture nut and it's just fun to walk down Memory Lane and see all the fun stuff.

The rooms are nice, and I have never had any trouble with noise. And the POP waffles alone are reason enough to stay!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

We've never stayed at POP, but we've stayed at ASMu on every trip and have had a great stay every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Pop because I love the theme & atmosphere of the resort. Plus I think the food court is much better & as mentioned, no bus sharing.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ValenciaCalling View Post
    Also, the last time I was at All Star Music, they put us in the country section, and our room was kind of gross. There were huge clumps of hair everywhere and bugs in the bathroom. It definitely turned me off to the All Stars.
    I can assure you this is NOT the case now...especially since I'm working there!!!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

POP was my first value resort and I loved it both times I stayed there. By the time I tried to book a third vacation, everyone else had discovered the resort, so I settled for ASMusic. At first, I kept comparing it to POP, so I wasn't happy. But, then, I decided that was stupid and I should really concentrate on Music and stop comparing. The result? I'm booked for my fifth consecutive annual vacation at ASMusic this September.

I will confess, though, that I always visit POP for the tie-dyed cheesecake.

Every so often, I stay at my all-time favorite, Caribbean Beach, or Shades of Green, but lately, I've been staying at a value resort. I've noticed in the past several years at Music, there have been more activities offered, including dinner specials every day. In approximately 74 days I'll be back there for another 2-week stay.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We have stayed at all the value resorts. We like Pop the best. It has its own buses, so you don't have to waste time going from resort to resort....just straight to the parks. Its the newest of all of the values too, so thats another plus in its favor! No matter what...you will have a blast!

Lori

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop vs music

I have stayed at all the values. I keep going back to Pop Century because I love to stay along the lake and always request a room somewhere along there if possible. There are benches to sit and watch the ducks float on the lake, it's such a quiet spot to unwind from the days excitement, I read a lot there too. It's a great spot for those of us whose children are grown and don't go with us anymore! I agree with earlier posters - not sharing a bus is another point in it's favor, the food court is bigger, plus I've gone there so many times it's like 'home' to me - say hi to Angel at guest services, joan in the food court, etc! I have stayed at all the all stars as well and music is my favorite theme-wise.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: