Quantcast Time frames need to be verified for POP & MK

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time frames need to be verified for POP & MK

We have a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment for our little princess at 9:10AM in the Magic Kingdom. And then we have 10:15AM reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast.

We are staying at the POP’s Resort and the busses are set to start running at 8AM (we were told that the busses may actually start running 10-15 minutes prior to 8AM). This will also be our 1st day (a Sunday, 11/6/2011) at WDW. We will have traveled the previous day and checked in at a Motel 6 (or something similar) and then check out the same morning of our 1st day at WDW. The plan is to get to the POP’s Resort with enough time to park, Pre-Check in to the POP’s Resort, get our Keys to World, then head to the bus stop.

Questions regarding POP’s Resort….

Can we Pre-Check in pretty much 24/7?
    If not, what is the earliest time to Pre-Check in at the POP’s Resort?

The Cast Member indicated that we could Pre-Check in pretty much anytime that morning, but I forgot to specifically ask how early.

Based on your experience/knowledge of WDW, what time should we arrive at POP’s Resort to allow for enough time to park, Pre-Check in to the resort, get our Keys to the World and then be able to catch the first bus from POP’s Resort to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom?

The Cast Member we spoke to while making reservations indicated that 15 minutes would be enough time to travel from POP’s Resort to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom. Is this accurate?

Since we will be arriving at the front gate of the Magic Kingdom at approx. 8:15AM and the park does not open till 9AM that day, the Cast Member related that we would just need to communicate with the front gate people that we have a BBB reservation, show/give them our reservation number, etc…

My question is, what part of the front gate is the best place to enter in this situation?
    I am just imagining a mob of people waiting to enter and then we just be-bop our way there and then make our way through the crowd to the front gate. Is there a designated entry point at the front gate to for folks with reservations and such?
    Or do we just make our way through the mob/crowd to the first Cast Member we see and then go from there?

I know I am probably overthinking this, but just want to approach this in the most efficient manner.

Thanks - SMSP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since your Bibbity reservation is not until after official park openining time, it is unlikely you will be allowed to enter the park before the official opening time of 9 a.m.

Busses from resorts actually begin running around 7 in the morning for those who have pre-park opening dining reservations.

There is some period of time when the computer system closes down to update the system overnight but I'm not sure what the hours are. We've checked in well after midnight with no issues but have never arrived pre-breakfast time.

I'm always conservative around times so I'd suggest arriving around 6:30 or 7:00 to be sure everything is settled in enough time to get to your reservation.

Once you are on board your bus, the travel time is probably around 15 minutes. However, even Disney suggests you generally allow about an hour to travel from point a to point b. After all, you might wait 20 minutes or more for that bus to arrive at your bus stop and then if they need to load a wheelchair or two or there's traffic in the way etc etc.

As I mentioned, they do allow folks who have pre-opening reservations in the park prior to park opening but, typically, if your reservation is AFTER park opening, they do not allow you to enter early. There is an area - most recently it was off to the right where folks with early reservations could enter early. Typically, cast members in this area are equipped with lists of all the guests that have pre-opening appointments.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I'm always conservative around times so I'd suggest arriving around 6:30 or 7:00 to be sure everything is settled in enough time to get to your reservation.
    6:45 am is the earliest I've been allowed to check-in for that new day. Most of the time I've had to wait until 7 am which is, apparently, when the new day officially begins.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Since your Bibbity reservation is not until after official park openining time, it is unlikely you will be allowed to enter the park before the official opening time of 9 a.m.
    Thanks for the feedback. When I made the reservation for BBB, I asked the CM what time should we arrive at the front gate in order to have enough time to walk to the Castle and be on time. He recommended that we be at the front gate for 8:15AM. Then I asked about getting in prior to park opening, he then explained about showing our reservation number and so on, and that we would then be allowed to enter and proceed to the Castle.

I'll call and re-affirm what we were advised. We are also looking at skipping the Motel 6 thing upon arrival into the area and go ahead pay for the extra night in the resort for convenience and of being on property that 1st day and all.

SMSP