Quantcast The buses need some love....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The buses need some love....

It always comes up in the Podcasts of the hatred of the buses.

What do you think?

Me and the family love the buses, some may call us crazy, but we enjoy it. We wait at the stops and talk about what we are going to do or have done. We check out the "treasures" we bought. And we Talk....and are together on vacation in Disney. We get to talk to other people with like interests (Disney), the kids get to talk to other kids and the bus driver. And I don't have to drive.

I vote "like"
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We also love the busses. It's so nice to not have to drive ourselves around. It's nice at the end of the day to get onto that air conditioned bus to take us back to the resort. We like the music that plays as we pull up to the park-puts us even more in the Disney spirit-if that's even possible! We like talking about what we are going to all do that day. Our DD loved the busses on our last trip (her first trip), I'm pretty sure it was one of her highlights!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We agree --WE LOVE THE BUSSES, we get to plan our days while we wait in thAM . We get to meet other disney people like us and chating with bus drivers is great, the usually know cool trivia about Disney. The end of day we reflect on what we have done and the best thing is i don't have to DRIVE!!! And the sometime time long waits are just part of a Great Disney vacation.
    [*]2013 POR[*]2012 Swan / AKL[*]2011 POFQ[*]2009 AS MUSIC FAMILY SUITE[*]2008 POFQ[*]2007 POLY/ POFQ[*]2006 AS MUSIC[*]2005 AS MOVIES[*]2004 POP CENTURY[*]2003 AS MOVIES[*]2000 POFQ / 3 DAYS ON WONDER[*]1998 AS MUSIC[*]2 off site trips in High School[/LIST]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the busses at all, but don't like having to wait more than ½ hour.

The fun bus drivers make the trips more interesting, and I also enjoy the music that is related to the parks / resort you are travelling to.

I can remember a couple of bus trips to / from the parks when someone would start singing a song and everyone would join in!
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, no love for the busses here! We rent a car. Just don't like to wait and an hour and a half once to get to a dinner reservation.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We do a lot of whining about the buses, true. I do love not driving when at WDW, and we do take the buses. I don't like waiting a long time for a bus, and I'm not happy if a bus comes and it is so full that I have to wait for a second bus. But I don't mind standing. It's always a short ride. And it's still not me driving at Disney, so the buses should get more love.

But... I do prefer other forms of Disney transportation and I do stay at places where I've had better bus service and have to rely on buses less, the deluxes. I have stayed at POR and the bus experience was less than magical, though it was still just fine. We did a lot of waiting for buses, and had to wait for a second bus if the first bus was too full, and it did eventually seem like we were scheduling our trip around when buses would be less crowded. We found that to be a bit less than ideal and choose to stay at deluxes where two of four parks can be reached by means other than bus.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan on the on-site transportation. The last time I did a rental car it was in excess of $700 for the trip and having to deal with the tourists driving all over not knowing where they were going drove me mental.

Now, I pocket that money and let Disney do it. Haven't had a real need for a car, while at times having one would have been nice, we have always made it to where we wanted to go. Sometimes late, but never been denied entry to whatever the event.

Could they be better? Absolutely! The current system isn't as guest friendly as it was in the past, but there's still ways to work the system once you figure out how.

Post Thanks / Like

when the bus traportation is running on schedule it is AOK (I find it hard to say I love any bus, even one at WDW), but when they are having issues they can drain a lot of the magic right out of the day. We never had a "super bad" wait until a couple of trips ago when leaving the MK at EMH closing.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I think of what makes WDW good, I always think of the bus system. If there's anything I hate, it's going somewhere I'm unfamiliar with and then trying to get somewhere. So I love that I can get on a bus and get to the parks just by going to the bus stop.

HOWEVER, when I think of what makes WDW bad, I also recall the bus system. I wish there was a way they could utilize the resort/ticket card to swipe a machine at the bus stop and punch in your park of choice. Then they could send a bus that you actually need instead of sitting for a half hour watching 3 Downtown Disney buses go by. It's especially infuriating when your significant other has delayed you getting to the bus stop and the only way to get to the park at a decent time is a bus pulling up right when you get there - which seldom happens.

I suppose you get what you pay for, which is nothing (unless you want to get real technical). So I like them, but it can be a Love/Hate relationship.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I only rode the bus one time. I like them. I didn't like waiting in DTD, not really knowing when the bus would arrive, but I like not having to drive (and I like driving!). It's just so easy to get on the bus and have them take you where you want to go. I can talk to my children, or look out the window, or just sort of zone out.
    That said, My husband HATES the busses. My daughter was chosen to be in the window of the BBB, so I called him to come down from POR. He waited and waited and the bus didn't arrive in time. I called him when we were almost finished and he was still at the stop. Granted, be's already biased against public transportation. He likes to be in control of his own vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

WDW Transportation
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Using WDW transportation is just fine as long as you are not in a hurry. When we need to be somewhere "right now", we will take a cab.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We find that we take the busses less and less each Disney trip.

We love the idea of not having to drive, but except for the MK, it is just so much easier to take our own car.

There isn't anything wrong with the busses, they work fine, but you can't beat your own car.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

As one of the guilty parties of bus bashing on the podcasts - I can tell you I did not feel that way when we first starting going to Walt Disney World in the early 90s.

My husband prefers not to have to drive while on vacation - so utilizing their transportation was his perk. However, over the years I have had more and more bad experiences with buses and my opinion has changed drastically - more so when not staying at a monorail resort.

Plus going to Disneyland where everything is within walking distance has also spoiled me. (That and traveling with Mel at WDW and having her vehicle.)

I despise having to add hours to schedule simply for transportation. Not to mention some destinations are a nightmare to get to.

On a recent trip we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge and wanted to go to the Beach Club for dinner. Let me just say; Oy Vey!!!!!

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a love/hate relationship with the buses! On one hand I like the fact that I can take a trip and not worry about a car and having a little extra money to spend. But I also have times when I wish I had the car especially to head off-site after the parks for something to eat when everything is closed and Whaffle House or Denny's would hit the spot. Or maybe take a day and go to Sea World or Unviversal to change things up a bit. It really also annoys me when the buses take forever or I can't get from point A to point B without jumping through hoops.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan here! It's part of the Disney experience.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I don't like about the buses is the occasional loooooooong wait for one
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Don't particularly like having to stand on one of them or wait more than 20 minutes for one but other than that, yeah we love them too

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Disney buses,oddly enough,everytime I smell diesel fumes at home it reminds me of
    waiting for our Disney bus.C'mon,how great of a feeling is it when you've been waiting at a stop,a few buses have come and gone and then
    tah dah....a bus for your destination pulls up !!
    Then,after a long day at the park,I love watching the little ones all decked out in mickey gear just totally wiped out,sunburnt and the parents rubbing their own throbbing feet and merchandise bags falling all over the place..
    Two thumbs up for drivers who still believe in the magic and the WDW buses.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: