Quantcast Treehouse Villas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Treehouse Villas

We are planning on possibly trying out the Treehouse Villas in the fall of 2013. Since we are DVC BLT owners how hard would it be to get one of the few Treehouse VIllas at the 7 month mark? The problem is that we would be traveling with a group of about 10 & would not have enough points to rent a 3 bedroom at BLT but can get a 3 bedroom at TV for the 2 bedroom points rate.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm DVC at Saratoga and havent been able to get one at the eleventh month mark yet, and I've been trying since they opened.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

It's tough to get a treehouse via DVC. Would you consider paying cash to get a reservation? Also, a Cast Member who stayed at a treehouse recommended having a car.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no problem getting a Treehouse Villa the past two years at the 11 month mark but I've never been able to book at BLT at the 7 month mark. Just the reverse of others. I can't say one way or the other if you'll be able to book a THV at the 7 month mark but they do fill up fast. The THV only sleep 9, so if you have 10 it won't work for you. I'd look into a Grand Villa at OKW as they're point value is less and the units are larger.
    I don't use a car at all while at WDW and I've had no real problem with getting around at SSR. I found it no less convenient than any other resort. I request a villa near the pool and the bus stop is close by. There's also a walkway that you can use to get into the main areas of SSR. I walk daily so it never bothered me to walk somewhere. There's also a slow boat that will get you to the main lodge at SSR and to DTD.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I was wait listed at 7 months for labor day weekend and got it after one month. It does sleep 9, though.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it may depend when you go. I booked at the 11 month mark and had to be wait listed. I did gfet a room by the tine my trip arrived. Also Ahote said he didnt find it any less convenient. He must have had a car lol/ If you sta at the treehouse. and take a bus to the parks, be aware the busses from the treehouses dont go to the parks. They pick you up and take you to Saratoga Springs, where you have to wait for a bus going to the parks. We found that very inconvenient. Wait for a bus at treehouse , then wait again for theme park bus at SS.
    73-4-5-76Cntpry-77-8-9Polnsyn-80-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-90-1-2 Disney villas-93-4-5-6-7-8 Crbn Bch-99 Grnd Flrdin -00 Anml Kngdm Ldg-01 Wldrns Ldg-02 Brdwlk-03Cntpry-04 Sratga Sprngs-05 Saratoga -06 Sratga -07 Grand California -07 Sratga- 08 Sratga- 09 Wldrns. Ldg.- 10 Treehouse villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    I think it may depend when you go. I booked at the 11 month mark and had to be wait listed. I did gfet a room by the tine my trip arrived. Also Ahote said he didnt find it any less convenient. He must have had a car lol/ If you sta at the treehouse. and take a bus to the parks, be aware the busses from the treehouses dont go to the parks. They pick you up and take you to Saratoga Springs, where you have to wait for a bus going to the parks. We found that very inconvenient. Wait for a bus at treehouse , then wait again for theme park bus at SS.
    Thanks for that bit of info about having to take 2 bus's just to get to the parks since one of our travelers would be in a wheelchair. Not very convenient then is it.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

We booked for next year at the 11 Month window for June. Busses were never a problem, at our worst wait last year was 15 min. The park busses picked us up at the last stop and dropped us of at the first stop. The one driver we had stated that we really didn't spend that much more time on the busses, maybe 5 to 10 min.
    I wouldn't stay there with a wheelchair though. Double lifts would take up alot of time.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    Thanks for that bit of info about having to take 2 bus's just to get to the parks since one of our travelers would be in a wheelchair. Not very convenient then is it.
    Just FYI: Only four of the treehouse villas have handicapped-accessible ramps to enter and exit the treehouses.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the best treehouse villa?

I have afamily of 8 staying at the Tree house Villas in March 2012. Which villa number is the best location to have access to the pool and a quick walk to the Saratoga Springs bus?

Post Thanks / Like

We stay in a Treehouse villa this past July and booked at the 11 month window with no problem. We usually chose to walk to the Grandstand bus stop to avoid riding 2 buses and wasting time it only took about 5 mins. That was probably the only part that I wasn't crazy about however I LOVED the Treehouse. We only had 5 people and had tons of room I'd stay there again!
    Sherry
    Beach Club 2015
    Pop Century 2014
    Beach Club 2013
    Animal Kingdom Villa 2012
    SSR Treehouse Villa 2011
    Port Orleans French Quarter 2010
    Beach Club 2009
    Coronado Springs 2007
    POR 2006
    Disney Institue Villas 2001

Post Thanks / Like

We are looking at going with our friends in 2013, there will be 12 of us. I'm hoping to get the TV for our friends. But I also noticed that the Grand Villas at OKW slept 12 and I've heard there not as hard to get. Good luck on your reservation!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the villas a couple years back and truly enjoyed being at the room itself. They were spacious and were reminiscent of a stay at the Fort Wilderness Cabins, only much, much more luxurious. The only issue we had was the bit of extra time we lost waiting for transportation to the theme parks. In the end, we chose to drive to the parks the last couple of days. We were there in June and split the stay with a DVC member who called and made the reservations (without issue) on the first available day they were allowed per DVC rules.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: