Quantcast The NFL 2011 Season Thread

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The NFL 2011 Season Thread

Okay now that we have football back, lets start the season with some predictions before the real games begin.

Here are the first batch....

In the AFC....Patriots win the Conference title. Haynesworth and Ellis have monster seasons. Jets make playoffs but loose early. Ravens and Steelers slug it out but only one makes the playoffs. Chiefs and Chargers both make it to postseason. Colts win AFC South but Peyton has injury riddled year and they exit early. Texans once again fail to live up to expectations.

In the NFC....Eagles fly high but fall short in NFC championship. Packers repeat as champs. Vikings have solid season. Falcons dissapoint. Saints regain the South. Cowboys have a suprising good season Seahaks come out of the West by default.

In the end Packers beat Patriots in the Super Bowl.

As for the Titans 8-8 offense is good but not making the deal for Haynesworth equals another year of struggles on defense.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All i can say ...Come on you Raiders ...but i am not expecting miracles as usual ...I am just hoping for a great season like the last one .
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Falcons are going to be even better this year...defense is always going to be an issue with them, but with the addition of Julio Jones to the offense gives a huge spark. Team looked very good last night with the 1st teamers out there...

13-3 season this year...first five games are going to be rough...@Chicago, Philadelphia, @Tampa Bay, @Seattle, & Green Bay. Lose one or two of those games and split with New Orleans like we always do every year, with a tough game at Houston inbetween...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm not quite ready to make any predictions just yet. I want to get through a few more pre-season games, see who's doing what, look at key injuries, and also evaluate any last minute player moves that might occur (*cough* EAGLES GET A VETERAN LINEBACKER!! *cough*).

Happy to have football back, though ... can't wait for the real deal to start!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lions are lookin' good
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Lets see...
    I do not entirely disagree with you.
    Peyton manning will have an injury plagued season. But I do think there will be a few things different.

Lets start off in the NFC.
    NFC east. The eagles who have made a number of moves will be viying for the top spot, along with the cowboys. Both the redskins and the giants will do alright, but will struggle (giants offense might take most of the season to pull it together).

NFC North: The bears and packers will be fighting for the top spot. the lions will have a decent year, and the vikings will be much improved over last year.

NFC South: Saints and falcons will be trying to stay on top. Bucs & Panthers will struggle, but the panthers will not be as bad as last year.

NFC West: Rams will be the team to beat. The seahawks will be a challenging team. While the 49ers will struggle. The cardinals will not fare well.

Playoffs: Eagles, Boys, packers, saints, rams & Falcons go on to the playoffs. Championship- saints and eagles. NO returns to the SHOW.

AFC

AFC east: no doubts here. Jets and Patriots are 2 of the top contenders in the AFC. Bills will have a better year, while the Dolphins will have an average year (figure 8 & 8 or 9 & 7).

AFC North: Steelers will find a way. But it will be the browns munching at their heals, not the ravens. Bengals will conitnue to flounder.

AFC South: The colts will strugle. If Peyton is healthy towards the end of the season they will make a run at the wild card. Jaguars will fall to the bottom of the pile, while the Titans will do OK. The Texans take the top spot.

AFC West: Raiders and broncos will both have an unimpressive year. Chiefs will start strong and fade. The Chargers will take the West.

Playoffs: Jets, Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Chargers, Colts. Championship: Patriots & Jets. Jets return to the Superbowl for the first time in 40 plus years.

Superbowl: NO saints & NY Jets.

Go Jets

and yeah I know, my prediction is a little biased, and a lot hopeful.

Oh yeah and my real prediction: Football will have a lot more injuries this year. The quality of play, for most teams, will not be there until mid season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Superbowl: NO saints & NY Jets.

Go Jets

and yeah I know, my prediction is a little biased, and a lot hopeful.
    Well at least I know I can count on you and Rex saying the same thing every August.

My prediction, and I HATE to say this cause it will make Ian smile, which makes my skin crawl.

Philly over NE in the bowl. Even though I loathe saying it, the Feebles are loaded this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm not quite ready to make any predictions just yet. I want to get through a few more pre-season games, see who's doing what, look at key injuries, and also evaluate any last minute player moves that might occur (*cough* EAGLES GET A VETERAN LINEBACKER!! *cough*).

Happy to have football back, though ... can't wait for the real deal to start!
    Brett Favre coming to Philadelphia would be the best thing to ever happen to this city They might actually get a championship out of it
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Even though I loathe saying it, the Feebles are loaded this year.
    Guess they aren't that Feeble then .........

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    Brett Favre coming to Philadelphia would be the best thing to ever happen to this city They might actually get a championship out of it
    Uh, no. Brett Favre is the most overrated shlump ever to don an NFL uniform. He won one Super Bowl like 100 years ago and hasn't done a thing since. He stinks ... a crippling interception waiting to happen ... a luckier version of McNabb.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Philly over NE in the bowl.
    I'd LOVE for that to happen and give some payback to Bellicheat.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Until they actually win, yes they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Until they actually win, yes they are.
    LOL even I agree with that.

I'm actually bothered by all the hype/Dream Team garbage that's out there. This is a team that's underachieved for a decade or more ... IMO they have to walk the walk before they talk the talk.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well you got a great chance this year. If the chemistry's right, you should be able to win it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, no. Brett Favre is the most overrated shlump ever to don an NFL uniform. He won one Super Bowl like 100 years ago and hasn't done a thing since. He stinks ... a crippling interception waiting to happen ... a luckier version of McNabb.
    Most Over-Rated shlup? Clearly you have your mind made up and I don't want to interupt this thread with a tired Favre debate, but the Favre hate irritates me.

As for Philly...When is the last time throwing a bunch of money around for big name free agents won a Super Bowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to my Sunday evenings.

Don't hold much hope for my Raiders but, and I know I have been saying this the last couple of years but I believe it could be my adopted second team The Texans' year.... well at least finally make the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    As for Philly...When is the last time throwing a bunch of money around for big name free agents won a Super Bowl?
    To the best of my recollection? Never.

Which is why my enthusiasm for this team isn't on par with everyone else's. I've very much adopted a "wait and see" attitude, as you can see from my last post.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Let the season begin!!!!!

It's ANY TEAMS game when they take the field!!!

GO JETS!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Let the season begin!!!!!

It's ANY TEAMS game when they take the field!!!

GO JETS!!!

Julie
    Unless you are playing the Bengals

Post Thanks / Like

As the world's worst picker, my opinion counts for exactly nothing, but for what it's worth my picks for the upcoming season are as follows:

AFC East: Patriots to remain the top force in all regular season football. Jets to have a falloff year and miss the playoffs. Bills will be much better than people think and win 7 or so games and finish ahead of a hapless Dolphins.

AFC North: Browns to make a consistant charge through the season, but falling away to about .500 at end of season failing to catch Steelers. Ravens to be weaker than recent years. With the first overall pick in the 2012 draft the Cincinnatti Bengals select.....

AFC South: Yep, I'll have a spot on the Texans bandwagon. Colts also to make playoffs with all teams in this division picking up good wins; teething issues will hold Jags back from real contention while new-look Titans are a year away from returning to contention. No weaklings here.

AFC West - Bold Prediction 1 - 2 Teams from the AFC West will make the playoffs this year!!! Chargers to be winners with the not-as-much-of-a-fall-off-as-people-expect Chiefs picking up a wildcard. Raiders sadly take a small step back but are still a good side. Broncos a little better than last year but need to get better in many areas.

-----------

NFC East - Eagles are good for the division win, but end up one and done in playoffs. Cowboys with a winning record but missing playoffs. Giants mediocre. Redskins nearly as bad as Bengals despite Beck or Grossman putting up oddly good figures.

NFC North: No weak team here. Vikings will be strong and make some impressive wins but still finish at the bottom. Lions will challenge for a wildcard berth and have a winning record. Packers will be excellent. The wildcard here is the Bears offensive line and just how atrocious it really is. There is a real possiblity of them falling off a cliff and being down to their third string QB within 3 weeks, but just as much a possiblity if Cutler remains standing they could be a top team again.

NFC South: Falcons and Saints to have pretty similar records and both make the playoffs. Bucs are just as good as last year but don't get the breaks and end up .500. A healthy Pathers much better than last year but not in true contention.

NFC West: Rams take it from Cardinals due to the Cards O-Line and secondary woes. Kolb and Bradford to make the division less of a laughing stock. Seahawks difficult to predict but probably will end up with Whitehurst. Niners still nowhere.

AFC Playoffs: Pats, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs

NFC Playoffs: Eagles, Packers, Lions, Saints, Falcons, Rams.

Superbowl: Pats vs Green Bay would be awesome.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Another year another slew of Texans will do well predictions.

I am sure one day they will prove me wrong....but they have not yet.

Good post Rhetoric....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: