Quantcast The NFL 2011 Season Thread - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well boy was I wrong about the Packers! They looked unstoppable last night ... could be a looooooooooong season for teams in the NFC who have to contend with them.
    Being that I'm a little impartial I certainly hope you are right! I was very enthusiastic last night, but also saw "LOTS" of room for improvement - missed tackles, blown coverages etc. I'm hoping it was 1st game jitters and a shortened training camp.
    The Saints are definitely going to be formidable. Can't wait for Sunday/Monday to see how all the rest of the teams are looking.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, well their defense and special teams did leave a lot to be desired, so we'll have to see about that.

But if the offense keeps dropping 40+ points on people it may not matter anyway!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a good week for my Vikings; okay, I realize that AP's the highest paid running back in the game, but McNabb needs to realize that it's okay to pass the football. 7/15 for 39 yards??? Now I know why you Eagle fans hated him.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

The Raiders won !!!! thats me sorted until next sunday
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    Not a good week for my Vikings; okay, I realize that AP's the highest paid running back in the game, but McNabb needs to realize that it's okay to pass the football. 7/15 for 39 yards??? Now I know why you Eagle fans hated him.
    Yeah well we tried to tell people, but no one would listen. He's just not very good. In many ways, he's no different than the other QB's who have managed to perform reasonably well under Andy Reid's tutelage, but flopped in other places. I'm not a Reid fan, but even I will admit that he knows how to get the best out of QB's.

But the bottom line is, McNabb is a below average QB at best. In his early days, he could make up for his shortcomings with his legs to a degree, but now he's just old, slow, inaccurate, goofy, and pretty lazy. Which is how you end up going 7/15 for 39 yards.

But don't worry he'll find about a million other people to blame before he finally gets to himself. It's the defense's fault, he doesn't have any "weapons", the receivers he does have are too young, the offensive line didn't block for him, they couldn't get the donuts he likes before the game ... it's never his fault!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How many days untill pitchers and catchers report?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Beating the Ravens makes me happy....in celebration here are my 4 least favorite NFL teams

1. Baltimore Ravens: Aside from the fact that I despise Ray Lewis there is the little detail that they eliminated the Titans from the playoffs in 2000, and 2008.
    2. The Indianapolis Colts: No Peyton no franchise.....just wait till he retires and the fairweather Colt fans leave in masses. Can you say L.A. Colts...Toronto Colts.....San Antonio Colts who knows but my guess it won't be the Indianapolis Colts by 2020.
    3. Denver Broncos: John Elway is heralded as a conquering hero....of course NFL flims rarely talk about the fact that the Broncos violated the salary cap in both their Super Bowl seasons......
    4. Atlanta Falcons: Okay so they are harmless.....but I just can't stand fairweather fan bases. And there are no more "fairweathier" fans than Falcon fans.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    4. Atlanta Falcons: Okay so they are harmless.....but I just can't stand fairweather fan bases. And there are no more "fairweathier" fans than Falcon fans.
    I'd put all three Florida teams higher up on that list before Atlanta fans, but they are up there.

There is absolutely zero reason why we should have won, but we did so I'll take it. Dunta Robinson should get a HUGE fine...I could see him getting suspended for a game but he probably won't just because Maclin did end up coming back in a couple plays later.

I hope Vick is able to come back next week. I love watching him play, especially when he was with the Falcons. I just wish he would protect himself some more. His body isn't meant for the punishment he takes (The play where he got knocked out was a freak accident though), and I'd love to see him play for years and years...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

2. The Indianapolis Colts: No Peyton no franchise.....just wait till he retires and the fairweather Colt fans leave in masses. Can you say L.A. Colts...Toronto Colts.....San Antonio Colts who knows but my guess it won't be the Indianapolis Colts by 2020.
    Don't count your chickens. They lose enough games this year - which they probably will - they get to draft Andrew Luck, who then gets to be a backup for a couple of years and learn the pro game from Manning. How many teams get two franchise QBs back to back?

They're not going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    Man what's with our Vikes they seem to fall apart after halftime? They look pretty good the 1st halves but the 2nd halves not sure what to say they give their lead away.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Don't count your chickens. They lose enough games this year - which they probably will - they get to draft Andrew Luck, who then gets to be a backup for a couple of years and learn the pro game from Manning. How many teams get two franchise QBs back to back?

They're not going anywhere.
    And how many can't miss prospects actually turn out to be "Manning-like"?

They were on the way out of town before Manning.... they will be out the door when he's done.

Post Thanks / Like

And how many can't miss prospects actually turn out to be "Manning-like"?
    There hasn't been a prospect like Luck in some time now.

They were on the way out of town before Manning.... they will be out the door when he's done.
    LOL..man, you hate the Colts, dontcha?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    There hasn't been a prospect like Luck in some time now.

LOL..man, you hate the Colts, dontcha?
    Pagan, I will believe in Luck when I see it. The odds are against him. Todd Marinovich could'nt miss either.

And you're right I do hate the Colts. Truth be told what infuriates me more than anything are the University of Tennessee fans who cheer for the Colts over the Titans because of Manning. When he retires (although I wish no harm to him) it will be a happy day here as people finally jump off their bandwagon.

Post Thanks / Like

My god the Raiders held on in the 4th Quarter and beat the Jets !!!! ....well worth staying up for hiding behind my pillow in those final minutes !!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get how in one summer the Falcons can go from a slow methodical offense that drives the ball down the field and wears you out throughout the game to not being able to move the ball at all...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Vikes, 3 out of 3 games you lead the game by double digits going into halftime only to fall apart in 2nd half and lose.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray for the Colts by not embarrasing themselves last night. My how far have they fallen. Word around here is that its a long season. They're right a 3 win season is a long season. How 'bout playing that way on defense every week. Offense still can't score tds. This is painful to watch.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: