Quantcast Intercot Anniversary? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Looking Forward to my third Official Intercot Celebration I was at the first the Intercot Odyssey in 2001 & the 10th Anniversary in 2007.
    Same here ... and also the Happiest Gathering On INTERCOT.

Good times!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    Anyone planning on bringing your kids besides me.

Anyone up for a kids/tween/teen meet up? My DD will be almost 13 at the meet.
    I think I am bringing mine but they are younger ( will be 4 & 7 at the meet).

My son's birthday is the 27th. I don't think I could explain why I get to go to Disney for his birthday but he had to stay home.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I think a kids/teen meet (or activity) is a great idea.

My DD is 13, but she's more excited about this meet than I am (if that is possible).

As plans start to come together, I'm sure something can be worked out
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it makes any sense to zero in on a particular resort in each category as the unofficial official resorts of the meet? So folks who can swing it in their budget (and/or DVC) stay in epcot area resorts, mods go to POR/POF, and value folks congregate at a specific AS. This seems to be happening a little bit just organically, why not make it explicit? Of course everyone can stay wherever they want, but if you're specifically looking to see other icot folks, you know where to find them.

Value Resort folks: have you reserved and if so where? I think I saw one at ASMO.....
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

So as it turns out I am not able to stay away until 2013.... We needed the Trificta of visits; Engagement, DISNEYmoon and now our 1 year wedding anniversary

We will be Oct 26th - Nov 3 (or 4th)... which just so happens to work for the ICOT15. Most Likely ASMov or Pop as we spent our main budget on the Disneymoon lol

Now as this is 100% new to me, where is information about the events (and fees) and whatnot associated with these events?!?!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Now as this is 100% new to me, where is information about the events (and fees) and whatnot associated with these events?!?!
    We haven't finalized plans and details yet, just dates. When we do, there will be a dedicated forum here on the boards, and we'll also announce and discuss on our podcast. So...stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, with 1 child that will be in HS marching band, and it looks my next youngest is looking at marching with her college (Pride of the Mountains!) band in the fall also - so glamorous is the life if a band mom.

So, I look forward to the 20th?!
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I think DD and I picked our resort(s). The first 2 or 3 days will be at POFQ and then over to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

I really want the BC but my chances of getting in at 7 months are probably not viable. It won't hurt to wait list though.

Let the planning and fun begin.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woo-Hoo!!

I am feeling some odd small feeling of satisfaction that my first post on this thread, many months ago, was the re-kick-off off this topic!! (silly, I know!)

On another note, I am SO stoked b/c I live in Europe and making the meet was always tentative but... it is the weekend after we will be in the US for a wedding already so.... it seems likely that Nikki (my FL-based sis who I share this avatar with) will be able to make it!!

Next hurdle is the kids... mine will be 5 and 7 and with me and DH in the US. Impossible not to bring them along I think... I get the impression it is mostly an adult-themed weekend which is great (especially for my single sister! - don't kill me Nik for typing that!!) but... would be GREAT to have maybe 1 event just for the young ones.... anyone think that is doable? I saw one other person bringing similar aged kids...

Can't wait!!

...and only 86 days till our annual Family gathering in April! We rented points for a stay at BLT!! "..zip a dee doo dah...zip a dee ay....my oh my, what a wonderful day!"
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneykidsince1970 View Post

Next hurdle is the kids... mine will be 5 and 7 and with me and DH in the US. Impossible not to bring them along I think... I get the impression it is mostly an adult-themed weekend which is great (especially for my single sister! - don't kill me Nik for typing that!!) but... would be GREAT to have maybe 1 event just for the young ones.... anyone think that is doable? I saw one other person bringing similar aged kids...

Can't wait!!
    Unless something changes I will have my kids with me. They will be 4 and 7. I would love to have something they could come to, too.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Default One kid thing?

Listening to the podcast...so, as requested, I am registering my interest for some fun and unique event that would be young-child friendly..ages 5 and 7. !!!

Can't wait!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere in the events, let's schedule a Grand Floridian Tea... that was one of the best times I had during the 10th!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Good call! The tea was lovely and it was one of my favorites too! I especially remember Ellen's son, Ben, enjoying the spread.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think my fiancé and I are going to try to come down for the weekend....as long as airfare cooperates! It would be nice to put some faces to names (or faces to voices from the podcasts). Looking forward to it!!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that we will be there during this event too!!

I think a kids themed meet/activity would be awesome!! My kids are/ will be 4 and 10 and leaving them at home is never a thought of ours....although leaving dad at home is always a thought the kids have!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey all!

Hello everyone...
    I just saw this thread and had to post! Wow, 5 years has gone by so quickly!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I would LOVE to attend the 15th anniversary party...but I am truly sad to say that the 'tootsie-roll' will be unable to attend this go-around.

I have been living in Korea for the past 4 years teaching English to little monsters, and am currently tied in a contract which doesn't finish until next February. But, I will definitely be there in spirit! The events sound truly amazing and I know it will be a huge success!

Have an amazing time (and save me a few pieces of swag maybe???!!!)

Greg
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    Hello everyone...
    I just saw this thread and had to post! Wow, 5 years has gone by so quickly!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I would LOVE to attend the 15th anniversary party...but I am truly sad to say that the 'tootsie-roll' will be unable to attend this go-around.

I have been living in Korea for the past 4 years teaching English to little monsters, and am currently tied in a contract which doesn't finish until next February. But, I will definitely be there in spirit! The events sound truly amazing and I know it will be a huge success!

Have an amazing time (and save me a few pieces of swag maybe???!!!)

Greg
    Greg!!! I remember you well from the 10 year anniversary party! It sounds like you "love" your job! Have you enjoyed Korea, even if the students are small monsters?

I'm glad you'll be with us in spirit, although it would be fun to see you for real. Maybe at the 20 year party??

Take care!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

My little monsters are adorable (and are like sponges...they are amazing!), and truly are what make me wake up smiling in the morning and get me through 12hour work days! It's a stressful, exhausting life...but it's so fulfilling. I definitely am blessed to have what I have in my life, and I thank God for it every day...

I will pencil in the 20th anniversary as a must-do! I (and the tootsie roll costume) will be there, for sure!

Have an amazing time!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Share This Thread On Social Media: