Quantcast What ride did you get stuck on?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What ride did you get stuck on?

What attraction did you get stuck on at WDW?
    Also did you ever have to walk off the ride?

It's time to remember the magic!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was stuck going up the last hill before the drop on Splash mountain for about 20 minutes. I wish I could have walked out. That was very uncomfortable sitting on that incline for that long. When I finally got off they had shut the ride down.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceship Earth-several spots (who HASN'T gotten stuck on that? lol)
    Peoplemover-worst time was in that pitch black room inside space mountain
    Buzz Lightyear-how my dad got 999,999
    Expedition Everest-on the chain going up the huge hill where you can see everything. got stuck for about a minute, kinda scary.
    Absolute WORST time-Dinosaur-went through the whole ride fine, all of a sudden stopped right before the T-Rex comes down from the ceiling, we were right near the loading platform. Had to wait about 20 minutes for CMs to unload all the other cars before us, then had to walk off the ride. Did get free fastpasses for that ride for the rest of the day
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

Been stopped a few times but didn't think of it as being "stuck". I guess the one time that might qualify was at the end of the Tower of Terror when the cart would not turn around to the doors to let you out. We sat there until maintenance arrived (they arrived very quickly) and they got us turned around. We were offered another ride which we accepted and the same thing happened on the second ride! We declined the third ride we were offered.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Tower of Terror. Right at the bottom of the drop. We all kept looking up, hoping the next car wouldn't drop on top of us....stuck 15 minutes. I can't complain though, there was no line and I just walked on.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

We have had the "normal" stops and starts on HM several times, and have been stuck on the "guaranteed to have a breakdown-TEST TRACK" once or twice.
    Had to walk off of Ellen's Energy Adventure once-wish I could walk off that one every time!!
    And on our first ride on Toy Story Mania, after waiting for over 75 minutes, we had to walk off, but were given return fastpasses for that.

Post Thanks / Like

my wife and I got stuck on BTMRR right as you go up the first hill. we sat there for about 20 min. a cast member came by and asked everyone if they wanted to walk out, but no one did. when it got going again and we finished the ride, they asked if we wanted to go again and everyone said yes, to my wifes horror, and we never stopped and did a second round. My daughters got stuck on space mountain on the chain twice and both times they turned on the lights so they got to see what the ride really looked like.
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Carousel of Progress. We had to watch the same segment over and over.

It was a bit eerie.There were only about 10 people in our section.The CM kept breaking in with a message to not leave your seat and to not try exit. After about 10 minutes, we started to wonder if there was an apocalypse going on outside. Why else would they keep us trapped when the exit doors were so close and tempting?

About 5 minutes later, we started to move and were allowed to exit. And world was fine. No zombie apocalypse or alien attack .
    The only lasting effect was that I couldn't get the son out of my head for days.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten stuck plenty of times, but having to walk off the Great Movie Ride was scary. Walking through aliens drooling on you and a gunshot battle is not so fun!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Try POC we ended up having to unload and walk out and I will never forget Dead Men Tell No Tales! We were at the back of the building at night kind of spooky. No one offered us a fast past but it took me a while before I would ride again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobin View Post
    Try POC we ended up having to unload and walk out and I will never forget Dead Men Tell No Tales! We were at the back of the building at night kind of spooky. No one offered us a fast past but it took me a while before I would ride again.
    Curiously, how did you get off with the water surrounding you? When we were just there last week, my mom and I wondered how one would get off POC, IASM, Jungle cruise, etc.?
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exvagirl View Post
    Curiously, how did you get off with the water surrounding you? When we were just there last week, my mom and I wondered how one would get off POC, IASM, Jungle cruise, etc.?
    We got stuck on POTC as well. We got stuck really close to the end, by the jail scene where the prisoners are trying to get the dog to give them the key. After about fifteen minutes they turned the lights on. A few minutes later, they turned off the audio, and a CM came out and told us some jokes. Then, after we had been stuck for 30 minutes, a CM had on some hip waders, jumped in the water, pushed the boats back to one of the town scenes where there is a level area, and we unloaded and got to walk up the stairs in the "town", down a passageway, and out the back. They circled us through the backlot, coming out just to the left of the POTC entrance. We saw one of the characters getting ready to go out with her handler.

We were not given fastpasses. Just an interesting story.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

last trip I got stuck on two rides.

The first stoppage was while on the TTA. The ride stopped with my car right between the initial climb sections of Spaceship Earth. I was there about 10 minutes, and even recorded a little video of myself describing the situation for my buddies. On a hot day, and being such a fan of both those rides I loved every bit of it, including when they turned on the lights while we waited.

The second stoppage was less fun, as it was at the fireworks scene for the Three Caballeros Mexico ride. Nothing like hearing that 30 second loop of the ducks singing for 15 minutes or so...

It was still a funny moment!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on the ski lift at Blizzard Beach for about 10 minutes once. Just had to sit there and wait for the stupid thing to start up again. Bad thing was we were within 20 feet of the top, almost ready to get off.

Post Thanks / Like

IASW - sat on that one for over 30 minutes and it took me a while before I was able to ride it again. Listening to the song over and over and over and over again. They finally pushed us out.

SSE the year Epcot opened....we spend many many many minutes backwards in the incline out.

Ellen's Energy - we had to walk off that one.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I was moving into the haunted mansion, as i was stuck they like 40 minutes at 2 20 min intervals.

Post Thanks / Like

Splash Mountain for about ten minutes at the big riverboat ending...was very weird when the animatronic character continued to move without sound.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

my dw & i got stuck on the peoplemover .we had to walk off .since we were about half way it was an interesting walk. they did give us fastpasses good for any ride that day.my dw put them in her scrapbook since we didnt use them a it was more fun seeing behind the scenes than any ride could have offered. 8 weeks and counting

Post Thanks / Like

Ellen's Energy Adventure- we also had to walk out from the first scenes with the dinosaurs and all the foliage.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

As we boarded EE it began to drizzle. As we got seated we were welcomed onto Disney’s newest water ride by a rather smug cast member. Thing went well, it was just a light rain and it felt rather good as we went up the hill toward the top. Suddenly our ride stopped. The drizzle soon turned into a torrential storm for which Florida is well known. We were soaked to the skin in no time. Then it got worse, the ride began to move. Well, rain at 65 mph is not a pleasant experience. We were cold and each offending rain drop felt like the snap of a rubber band against exposed skin. In spite of it all it’s still one of my favorite rides but I pay more attention to the weather now.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: