Quantcast Fantasmic Package Cancelled!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic Package Cancelled!!!

Ok, I booked all my dining reservations at the 180 day mark. I have been checking periodically on the park schedule, etc. Well, Disney changed the dates for Fantasmic! When I called to verify, I was told that there were no dinner packages for Fantasmic on the new nights! What the heck???? I did what I was supposed to do and I got screwed! Please tell me that waiting in line for Fantasmic with my 3 kids won't be horrid? The disney person told me I would have to line up and HOUR before the show!!!
    Andrsue
    Oct 2003 Offsite Stay
    Sept 2008 ASM
    Nov 2011 Contemporary
    May 2014 Offsite Stay
    Upcoming Nov 2017 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the reasons we haven't done Fantasmic in years. We love Sci Fi and its not park of the Fantasmic package so we've never done the package. When they switched Fantasmic to only a few nights a week the wait got so long that we felt it wasn't worth it. Even when Fantasmic was every night there were times we did end up waiting an hour between the time we got in line to go into the theater, the time spent waiting once we got seated, till the show actually started. I want to say most times we headed to the line about 30-45 minutes before show time, but still....it felt like an hour or more.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that does stink. I hope that doesn't happen to us in December.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read recently that Fantasmic was going back to nightly showings???
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is back to nightly showings, at least through March. That should cut down on the huge lines considerably.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Fantasmic is back to nightly showings.
    Well, that's sure to make Ian happy.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

When i've been, and an hour before the show gets you SRO. I'd plan on two hours, especially for the first show.

I'm not sure the nightly status will do anything for lines. It's hugely popular with a lot of pent up demand. Disney wouldn't go nightly unless they were sure of a sell out. It does fill up and they do turn people away.

Post Thanks / Like

When are you going? We've done Fantasmic 2 1/2 times (once it was cancelled due to rain). Once we had the package (January) and the other time we didn't (late October). We only travel during Value season, so crowds are lighter. Both times I've been, there were still nightly showings. I have not been since they started limiting the shows.

Pro of having the package (really, there is only one, IMO): You get to sit down early and find a good seat. We were not allowed to sit anywhere, though. We had to sit in the package seating area only. I would've liked to have been closer for better pictures.

Cons: The entrance for the people with the package is a much longer walk than if you just walk in the regular entrance. There is a reserved seating area. You have a certain time window to arrive for the package seating, which is really early. It was hard keeping our kids entertained while we waited (but they were much smaller then). If for any reason Fantasmic is cancelled for that night, you're out of luck. You've already paid for the specially priced meal and you don't get that money back. That happened to us the first time we tried to see it. Sat in the light rain for 45 minutes and then saw some fireworks, but no show. I didn't blame them for not performing in the rain. We went back during the week and tried again, but that time we paid OOP for the H&V buffet and took our chances with seats. We got good ones with no wait, but it *was* January and very cold, so I guess that kept people away.

The 2nd time we went to Fantasmic and didn't have the package was better than when we did. We walked into the stadium with about 10 minutes until showtime. We had to sit on the far left (if you're looking towards the water) on the back row, but that was a plus, because we were the first to leave. It was a con because I would've liked to have been closer for pictures. I used the telephoto lens and did fine anyway. Another pro: I didn't have to wait in line. We walked up, parked the stroller and found seats. Easy peasy. That was in late October during a more crowded than I would've liked Value time.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is back to nightly showings, at least through March. That should cut down on the huge lines considerably.
    That's what I thought.

So why would the original posters night be cancelled if they are having showings everynight??? They didn't mention when their trip was, but if its between now and March there seems to have been some misunderstanding maybe????
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in October and I have been trying to get ressies to no avail. I have read on here about them having this on more nights during the week, but I am not seeing this on the Disney site. When I look at the calendar, it only shows two nights the week are going. Do you think it is because you have to call in order to make the reservations? Either way, I haven't had any luck. We have dining reservations, but I am not one for standing in line for over an hour for anything other than Josh! I guess we will have to see what happens when we get there.
    October 1-8, 2011 Wilderness Lodge
    December 1-8, 2007 The Fountains
    June 16-22, 2005 POP Century!
    Oct. 13-20, 1995 ASM

Post Thanks / Like

When I've gone in September and November, I've never had to wait in much of a line if any at all. We don't mind where we sit because we don't like to get wet way up front, and IMO, the view is pretty much the same everywhere. Sure, there were crowds and sure we had to walk quite a bit, but there was plenty of room for everyone.

Perhaps this has changed, but now that they're back to nightly shows, I'm guessing that will be a big benefit considering crowds.

I'd say show up an 45-60 minutes before hand and you should be more than FINE. In September, we usually show up about 20 minutes before the show starts. During my 2 trips in November, all nightly shows/fireworks were ghost towns.

One time we did have the dining package in August and it was a total waste. We had a shorter walk, but we had to be at the reserved entrance quite early. We arrived, waited in a rambunctious crowd, were seated. The reserved seating area only filled up about 1/2 way and then they let general admission sit in our section too. We wondered why we ate at Mama Melrose (which we don't really like) considering this wasn't much of a benefit.

Since we never go in May, June or July anymore, we always skip the dining package and hoof it
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

BelleBeauty Guest

In booking ADRs for our trip in November, I read that they aren't doing reserved seating with the dinner package anymore (which leads me to question, what's a package about it...) So I'm not sure if not having a dinner package is a bad thing at this point. The seating they have reserved when we've done the dinner package in the past was never ideal and we always moved to open seats elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Nightly? Really??

I am confused...I just checked the intercot info pages & they did not show Fantasmic to be nightly on the schedule...did I miss something?
    I'd LOVE to know that it really is nightly, it will be easier for us...
    TIA
    Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98,2/2000, 9/2000, 11/2001, 11/2002, 4/2003, 11/2003, 11/05, 2/07, 2/08 -world's greatest family reunion! 1/11-18/2010 15th wedding anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mysttree View Post
    I am confused...I just checked the intercot info pages & they did not show Fantasmic to be nightly on the schedule...did I miss something?
    I'd LOVE to know that it really is nightly, it will be easier for us...
    TIA
    That was just announced this week and Carol might not have had time to update the Icot schedule, but Disney did announce nightly showings through March.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Why does Disney allow people to line up two hours before an event? That's ridiculous. I would never do something like that. I'd see the line, shrug my shoulders, and go do something else. Life is too short people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epceddie View Post
    Why does Disney allow people to line up two hours before an event?
    Well, people can wait as long as they are willing. Nothing wrong with Disney allowing it. The real issue is why people would wait that long. But, folks start staking out spots for Wishes and Illuminations that long in advance, too.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic is going to be nightly the week we are there...

EXCEPT for Thursday November 17th! The cast member couldn't really find a reason why there was not going to be a show that night, but just said there wasn't. There were packages available for other nights of our trip but only at the Brown Derby...I did not want to use 2 dining credits. I am hoping some of you are correct and the lines will be lighter due to the time of year! We will be there from Sunday Nov 13-Sunday the 20th...
    Andrsue
    Oct 2003 Offsite Stay
    Sept 2008 ASM
    Nov 2011 Contemporary
    May 2014 Offsite Stay
    Upcoming Nov 2017 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your lucky too andrsue!

If it makes you feel better, when we visited the same week in 2005, we literally sat in front of the castle with tons of room around us and drank hot chocolate during Wishes - it was THAT empty.

I hope you'll get to enjoy a similar experience for Fantasmic - I think you will!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Default February Fantasmic

We are going during winter break in February and when I called the cast member told me that Fantasmic will be offered the entire week. I called back a couple of days later after putting together our scheduler and I was told by another cast member that more dining packages will be offered. I hope she's right!

February '12 - Coronado again!
    April '10 - POFQ
    April '09 - Coronado Springs - loved it!
    Feb '07 - POFQ
    Feb '06 - POFQ
    Nov '04 - POP
    Mar '02 - POR
    Aug '92 - Contemporary - Honeymoon
    Many trips prior as a child!

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the post regarding no Fantasmic on Nov 17, I called to confirm our ADRs for the Fantasmic Dinner Package on Nov 17. The CM told me that they were having problems updating the calendars but there would be a show on the 17th and our ADRs are fine for the Dinner package. Hopefully he was correct.
    All Star Sports - 2011
    Poly - 2006
    All Star Movies -2004[/COLOR]