Quantcast Packing Last Minute!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Packing Last Minute!!

Sitting here waiting patiently for 8 more minutes until I can check in on-line for our Southwest Airlines flight! I cant believe we leave at 8am tomorrow and I haven't even put the first thing in a suitcase yet!!! We had to host our Grand-Daughters 2nd birthday yesterday and weve been busy, but the house is clean and it's time to get down to some serious Mickey businesss NOW!!!

What am I forgetting to do? I usually have all this stuff done weeks ago and I have 24 hours!
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You've got nerves of steel! We're a week out and we've got the suitcase out and the packing list printed. Best thing we ever did was create a packing list and save it! While you're packing think of what you need to get through the day, clothes, toiletries, sunscreen, etc. Try to get the basics down then the other items will pop into your mind. The good news is, at least if you forget something you can buy it there. It's expensive, but better than doing without in some cases. Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Ive got my list just waited to last minute to do anything. THe kids aren't coming this trip, so I wanted to keep things low-key so to not keep upsetting them.
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Post Thanks / Like

My husband didn't pack until about 24 hours prior, this time around. (And we didn't have the issue of having a party to deal with!) As long as you have your list and the house is clean it's not bad, really. Just concentrate on each category for a few minutes so that you're not distracted and flustered. Now you know you'll have a clean house to come home to! Have a great trip!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I always say we will pack early, but we never do. Both DH and I always pack the night before we fly out. Several times we have left from work to catch our flight, and shamefully, we still wait until that last night to throw the bags together. And yet, it is Disney. I can honestly be packed in under 30 minutes. I am a low maintenance gal and I have taught my DH to be the same. I hate lugging bags around, and I find we used to overpack in the past anyway. I now follow the advice offered above and throw stuff together, online checkin for flight and ready to go. Fret not about packing, Disney has anything you forget. Strangely, we have only had to buy one sweatshirt (due to not having one) because of an unexpected cold front for a few days. We still laugh about that sweatshirt each time he wears it, so it ended up being a fun memory and worth the cost

Have a magical time! I leave in less than two weeks for Wine & Dine Relay

Post Thanks / Like

i leave friday am this week. i have the luggage out and tomorrow is packing day. hope that you dont forget anything. dont forget the basics, i always go thru my morning shower routine, body wash shampoo brushes toothebrushes deodarant then i think of ok cklothing for a day what do i need. good luck
    Next trip sept 23- thru oct 1 2013 for my sons first trip ever at 28 months.
    Carribean beach. Mnsshp, hhn, seaworld 4 disney parks 2 waterparks rented a car got photopass plus. Im ready

Post Thanks / Like

We are leaving on Oct 5th and my son with autism won't leave me alone I have been packed since Sept 10 haha
    LYNN

Post Thanks / Like

Since our weather is really fall now... I have packed our summer stuff already. We leave in 24 days.

But, "real" packing day is on Veteran's Day - the Monday before we leave on Saturday. DH and I have the day off of work for that holday and we will be packing away. Kids will be off of school as well so, it will be a clean the minivan out, pack the car and do our "road trip snack shopping". We head out Saturday as early as we can get up. So, Friday we really want to just relax and to the last minute toiletries and medicine bag.

But, in my professional Disney obsession opinion, it's NEVER too early to pack.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I pack for a family of four hours before we leave......I used to pack days ahead of time but then the anticipation killed me, so now I just do it right before we leave!

Follow your checklist and you'll be fine! I wish I had one -- want to share?
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

It all worked out, I followed my list and we've been here since Monday and haven't seemed to have missed much. I think I found one less thing to stress over...Whew!!

Post Thanks / Like

I admit to not packing until the last minute - take tonight for example - 8 PM flight to a conference - kids football at 5 - empty garment bag lying open on the bed -

just go have fun, get your A boarding pass and rock 'n roll! Nothing you can't buy there..
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with all the previous posters: the packing list is essential. I keep mine in the memo section of my blackberry, and I'll start adding things to it as I think of them as much as a month or two out. Consequently, packing typically only takes me about 20-30 minutes. If I get all the laundry done earlier in the week I can leave packing 'til the night before. It's all about the packing list.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: