Quantcast Harbor Blvd Eating Options?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harbor Blvd Eating Options?

What do you folks recommend? We will staying at BW PPI in late Feb 2012. We are not picky eaters - and are "value conscious". I have heard a couple of folks offer that other than the continental breakfast offered by the hotel, we should avoid Captain Kidd's. Are they really that bad (based on a recent visit)?

Looks like Mimi's and Millie's are nearby. We have never eaten at one of those, so your opinions would be appreciated. Denny's, one of our old stand-by's is also near. IHOP, unfortunately, will never get another dime of my business. Also, what about Tony Roma's?

Our taste tends to run towards "light" selections. We like grilled fish, chicken, soup and salad combos and fresh vegetables. I can't remember the last time I ate a burger out (we prefer our own ultra-lean we raise), but I have tested some grilled chicken sandwiches and grilled fish tacos.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually like Mimi's, but have had the occasional disappointing meal. Quite a wide selection on their menu.

If you like lighter meals Tony Roma's is probably not the place for you. Ribs are their main menu item and plates usually come with choice of sides such as baked beans, fries, corn on the cob, and such.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

The Anaheim Garden Walk has lots of restaurant options -- but to be honest if you will be eating at restaurants like Mimi's it will be the same price to eat in the Parks.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Default True...

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    The Anaheim Garden Walk has lots of restaurant options -- but to be honest if you will be eating at restaurants like Mimi's it will be the same price to eat in the Parks.
    I have been looking at some of the online menus for the park offerings, and I do believe you may be right. I think that I was able to see an online menu with prices for Mimi's, bot not Millie's.

Post Thanks / Like

All of the Harbor Blvd area restaurants (to include Denny's and McDonald's) have jacked up menu pricing to reflect their proximity to Disneyland. I was going to say the same thing Michael said about just staying in the parks because the pricing ends up being about the same. You can get a really good breakfast (CS) at River Belle Terrace in DL that will cost you the same as Denny's (after adding tip and all that). And, it's better than Denny's, to be quite honest.

That Captain Kidd's restaurant just looks godawful, to be honest. I am extremely leery of any "all you can eat buffet" place that is under $10 a person...

Mimi's Cafe is okay, but it's very inconsistent in both food quality and service.

My favorite offsite options are at Garden Walk. P.F. Chang's, CPK, Cheesecake Factory, and Bubba Gump Shrimp are all pretty good. Cheesecake Factory just recently rolled out a "skinnylicious menu" featuring lots of lighter plates and more grilled food and veggie options. CPK also has a menu of "small plates" that has some really good, light options.

Tony Romas is good, but it's HEAVY food.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I like Cheesecake Factory, they have a huge menu. If the goal is to get more variety of foods, then there are plenty of choices outside the parks. If the goal is to save money, not sure how much will be achieved at the places close to the parks. For longer stays, it is probably better to venture out of the parks, it doesn't take too long to get bored with the park food options.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cpk?

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

My favorite offsite options are at Garden Walk. P.F. Chang's, CPK, Cheesecake Factory, and Bubba Gump Shrimp are all pretty good. Cheesecake Factory just recently rolled out a "skinnylicious menu" featuring lots of lighter plates and more grilled food and veggie options. CPK also has a menu of "small plates" that has some really good, light options.
    What exactly is CPK?

Anybody ever visit Millie's?

Rancho Del Zocalo looks promising, grilled vegetables can be substituted for rice/beans, and they offer salads with grilled chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
    What exactly is CPK?
    California Pizza Kitchen. Woodfired pizza with some interesting/unusual toppings that give you a lot more variety than a typical Italian restaurant pizza menu might.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten at Millies. The food there is your standard Denny's/Ihop type food. Very standard, very mediocore. I agree that it is sometimes cheaper to eat in the parks than outside of it.
    For instance the Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn is a big plate of food. DH and I usually split the plate. There are also some new dining spots at the DLH that look great.
    Keep doing what you are doing by researching. There are many "lighter" options both in and out of the parks & many of the chain places are now required to put the calorie count on their menus, so this will help when ordering (I dont know if this is a national thing or only in Cali )
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Just for clarification sake, CPK is California Pizza Kitchen BUT they do also have a menu with a lot of variety. There are pasta dishes, chicken dishes, soups, entree salads, appetizers. There is a lot of Asian influence in many of the appetizers. You can find the menu for this place online. It's a national chain.

Some of the newer options at DCA have lighter fare. The Paradise Garden Grill offers grilled kebabs, served with sides of rice and veggies. Every CS location has a salad on the menu as well as a lighter type sandwich (like a grilled chicken breast sandwich). Most meals at DL are "shareable" as well.

Also, don't overlook the various bars on property. Most of them have a small plates/appetizers menu with some really tasty stuff! We like the Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian, Trader Sam's at the DLH, and Cove Bar at DCA.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about if I.....

I just thought about an amusing issue that is constantly hashed and rehashed on WDW topics - and it always makes me laugh.
    So, would it be tacky if I brought along my WDW Resort Mugs from 2006 and 2009 and used them at DLH, PPH, or DGC?

Let the outrage begin... (or not).
    Really, check it out on the WDW section - it is a very hot topic at times.
    See:
    http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=184240
    http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=183759
    And then watch how quickly this one takes off:
    http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=185829

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's a touchy subject.

They really don't do the resort mug thing at DLR, though. You can purchase souvenir mugs all you want, but they don't come with unlimited refills.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    They really don't do the resort mug thing at DLR, though.
    I know, I was bored and just trying to stir up trouble (or excitement?).

Post Thanks / Like

Default mimi's

I love Mimi's potroast. Yummm.
    Susy the Groomer
    Snohomish, WA

Can we go again? Can we go again?

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind a walk (or a quick OCTA bus ride) to the other side of I-5, I'd reccomend Shakey's Pizza. This is something that I remember from growing up and DL is the only thing that puts me within several hundred miles of one (and about a half mile at that)
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: