Quantcast Sept 17-24

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Sept 17-24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sept 17-24

First of all, we celebrated my DD's 14th birthday while there. She wore a button they gave her and I was amazed at all the Cast Members in how they were trained to spot the button and wish her a Happy Birthday. Why should I be surprised at Disney!!!

We got back late last night. This was our first time staying at the WL and we ABSOLUTELY LOVED everything about it!!! I did online check in for our standard room but when we arrived, we were upgraded to a courtyard view. On prior visits we stayed at the Poly and I thought that was the tops, but I now have a new favorite!!!! The only bad thing about our trip was the extreme high humidity during the day but at night, it wasn't as bad.

The crowds I thought were light, except on the weekend. During the week, the longest wait time was generally 20 mins but we didn't even wait that long. We actually rode Space Mountain 5 times in a row without waiting because we went about an hour before the park closed. At HS, we got in every show without any wait at the American Idol attraction and I can bet the 14 year old girl that won the day we were there will definitely be seen in the coming season. She was fantastic!!! Watch for her...her name was Faith!

There may be some that will be offended by this, but there were a lot of visitors that didn't speak English and were quite rude. At Epcot, my DD's had Passport books and while they were in line to get it stamped, I sat down at a table and had our backpack (with my wallet in it) on a stool right next to me. A non-speaking English man was ranting and raving why his little girl couldn't sit at the table and wanted everyone to get up so she could (mind you, I didn't see his little girl at that point). Next thing I knew, a woman whom I believed to be his wife came over, picked our backpack up, OPENED it and started to put her hand in it. I immediately grabbed it from her and said excuse me, that's mine!!! That was only once instance, but just a word of caution!

We had the Dining Plan and we found out the first day that using our quick service at breakfast there was just too much food and we didn't need to order three. After the first day, we only ordered two, split them among us and saved the other for a lunch. On the last day we were there, we ended up having 6 quick service meals left!

All in all, Sept was a great month to visit (except for the humidity). Got a bounce back offer and booked again for next Sept again at the WL! Part 2 to follow soon.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you had a great vaca despite the warm weather. That is horrendous about the lady going into your bag! I love when they pretend they don't understand what you are saying. It drives me nutty! Wilderness Lodge is my sisters family favorite. One day I will have to stay there. Right now I am infatuated with AKL. Thanks for the report!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you had a good time!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It was horrendous....after thinking about it, I'd warn others to be cautious. When I told friends about it, ALL said it was probably a set up to steal my wallet. I'll never leave my bag again without wrapping it around my wrist!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Its reassuring that you got upgraded doing the Online check-in process... a few reports said that doing so will pretty much end your chances at getting the upgrade everyone understands the universal kick to the teeth when you go into someone else's bag... lucky for her you didn't speak that language!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope a lot of people read this and let others know what happened. I think he was making a scene to be the decoy so she could try and steal. It's like the pizza brochures being put under the doors at hotels. You order pizza, give your credit card number (that's all they take) and you never receive the pizza.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you loved Wilderness Lodge we are staying there in December. That is scary about your bag...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! September used to me "our month". Now it's October.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: