Quantcast Just back- the good and the bad

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back- the good and the bad

We had a great trip to WDW this week and the trip was mainly good.

A few mishaps along the way but we all came home with smiles on our faces.

So first the bad then I can get on with the best parts.....

Going through security at the airport when my husband emptied his pockets his drivers license got left in the plastic bin!!Thankfully we got to our gate about 90 minutes early and he discovered it missing. He went back to the sercurity checkpoint and someone had turned it in.

Even though it is rushed and lots of people in a hurry to get through security, take the time to put everything back where it needs to go. If it had made it into his billfold right away we wouldn't have had to go through all that. Our trip was almost over before we even got on the plane!

Our second problem of the day- I had done the on- line checking and that did not work out well. I had 2 rooms reserved one with a king bed for us and a connecting room for our youngest and her best friend. The paperwork was complete for our room but nothing for the second room. Took about 30 minutes to get the 2 rooms and we were on our way. When we go to the rooms they were 2 connecting rooms but both with double beds even though I had stressed the king room while checking it. I didn't feel like dealing with changing rooms so we just let it go.

And our third big hassle was our return trip on Magical Express. When they say allow up to 3 hours to get to airport, don 't complain. They needed every minute of that time Friday mornin. our bus was about 30 minutes late getting to All Sports and by the time we got to MCO with all the problems with loading and waiting it took us 90 minutes from Our scheduled departure time to get there.

The only other major pain was our last night w went to Raglan Road to enjoy the Irish food and entertainment. Waiter had an enormous try of used glasses piled on a gray and tripped and dropped them right next to me. I had sticky coke and wet all over my pants and feet. Luckily I had my crocs on. I went into the bathroom and rinsed them off in the sink and wiped my legs with wet paper towels. I had capris on and most of the wt wad below my knees so I was able to clean myself up pretty well. The thing that surprised us was no one ever came over and asked if I was ok or said anything bout it. Th guy that dropped the tray said he was sorry but no other mention of it even though he spent about 5 minutes cleaning up the mess.

Now on to the good!!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't edit from this iPad but if you can't figure out those 2 lines....a waiter dropped a tray of glasses at my feet and most of the wet mess was on my feet and lower legs....love the correcting on this iPad- doesn't make much sense most of the time..

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

My iPad does it, too. Auto-correct weirdness. But wow, I can't believe no one came to check on you or ask about the tray incident afterwards. That's really bad. Wow, good thing you got your husband's license back.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think that was strange that a manager didn't come over too. I was really grossed out since they were used glasses and there were probably 30 glasses on that tray. Once I got myself cleaned up I felt better but couldn't wait to get back to the room to take a shower and change clothes. I was grateful none of the glasses broke near my feet.

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear the trip was mostly good. So glad your husband's license was located! Good thing no injury resulted from the dropped glasses!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my so glad you found the license. I was flying out for vacation a few years back, it had been a very rough year, and I forgot to get my license renewed. Yes, I was stopped at the airport security gate. Thankfully I had another form of acceptable TSA ID to get through. Note, Las Vegas did not even flinch at the expired license and waived me on through for the return flight.

DH spent the rest of the week showing me what a 'valid drivers license' looked like. My fault, almost completely ruined a great vacation before it even began. I obsessively check all forms of ID for expiration dates now.

Glad you got over the bumps on vacation and had a good time. Ew on the drinks, the MGR should have approached you for assistance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Going through security at the airport when my husband emptied his pockets his drivers license got left in the plastic bin!!Thankfully we got to our gate about 90 minutes early and he discovered it missing. He went back to the sercurity checkpoint and someone had turned it in.

Even though it is rushed and lots of people in a hurry to get through security, take the time to put everything back where it needs to go. If it had made it into his billfold right away we wouldn't have had to go through all that. Our trip was almost over before we even got on the plane! :
    I had to smile when I read this. Last time we went to WDW. We went through security and it was well before the crack of dawn, I hadn't had coffee yet, and we were with DD5 at the time who hadn't flown. Well we get down to the gate and I go to the bathroom and instinctively go to grab my driver's license out of my back pocket because I was sure that's where I had put it. Except it wasn't there. I ran back to security and it wasn't there either. Luckily, I had another form of valid ID with me so I wasn't going to fret about it.

Fast forward about 8 hours and my husband is taking off his shoes as we are getting changed in the hotel room and what does he find? My driver's license inside his shoe. How he never felt it that whole time is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, I can't believe they didn't comp you drinks or something for the spill

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you didn't get hurt at all by the glass!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

with the bad out of the way, I'm on to read the good of your trip!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: