Quantcast Plex and Lettripp's Epic Honeymoon! Part 5 - Blizzard Beach and Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plex and Lettripp's Epic Honeymoon! Part 5 - Blizzard Beach and Epcot

(Sorry for the delay: Let the Trip Reports resume!)

Monday, Blizzard Beach and Epcot!
    Cast:
    Plex - Paul - DH
    Lettripp - Lauryn - Wife!

This was Paul’s first trip to one of the Disney water parks. We arrived at Blizzard Beach about an hour after it opened. It was cloudy and on the chilly side so we were a little nervous, but it turns out that we were well prepared with our New England weather. The park cleared out fairly quickly once it started to drizzle, so we managed to hit almost every slide in the park in half a day. Mind you, we didn’t go down Summit Plummet because someone didn’t want to… but I’ll get him down it next time ;-) We left just before lunch, grabbed a cookie and drinks to share on the way out and headed back to the Contemporary.

We showered, grabbed our refillable mugs and headed to the Contempo Café because we were curious about this particular high-tech quick service restaurant. It didn’t disappoint. I had a turkey and brie sandwich and Paul had a burger. After lunch, we went back to the room and grabbed our Ponchos because it was pouring outside.

To this date our tradition seems to be to go to Epcot on rainy days, even though it is never intentional. On this particular day, Tropical Storm Emily was at hand and it was the worst rain we’ve seen in Florida yet. Only the crazies like us were walking around the park. Everyone else took to shelter in the bathrooms and pavilions. Thanks to the MobileMagic app, I saw that TestTrack had a ridiculous line and we headed straight for Mission Space. We grabbed a fastpass for orange and headed into the green line. Paul had never done that side before and still enjoyed it! After green, we used our fastpass for orange. In this line we encountered some incredibly rude people. They were making fun of the people who go in the green line… and not a little bit in passing but incessantly (“What’s the point? That isn’t even a real ride!”). I got angry and actually argued with them… told them we had just ridden and enjoyed it and asked if they’ve ever actually tried. It actually made them stop!!

After Mission Space we headed straight to the world showcase and wrote the 3 Caballeros. Once the ride was over we b-lined for the tequila bar! I got the blood orange margarita and Paul got the jalapeño one at the recommendation of the bar tender. Both were delicious! We meandered through the countries drinks in hand until our favorite repeat ressie: Biergarten.

Once again this meal didn’t disappoint. We enjoyed our liters of beer and ate tasty brats, pretzel rolls and sauerkraut next to a very friendly British family who asked us countless questions on “Why we watch TV if it is all about scaring us in our country” and “What is wrong with your government?!” It was highly entertaining and when they left, the mother congratulated us with a kiss on the cheek and went to enjoy the rest of their day. I will say that after the liter of beer, the details get a little hazy but not because we were obnoxious… more because we took time to walk and enjoy our surroundings. I picked up a glass of Riesling (can’t remember the name but it was DELICOUS) and we made our way around the world as Illuminations lit up the sky. I should pause to say that we don’t usually stop and watch this show anymore. We’ve both seen it enough times that we enjoy it more in motion now… rather than scrambling to stop and find a view we enjoy the empty shops and our beverages.

By the time we made it to France the fireworks had ended and most were leaving the park. However, we had other plans in mind. We each grabbed one of our favorite beverages (the Grand Mariner and Grey Goose Slushie), walked to the bridge between the UK and France and people watched. Once we finished our drinks, we decided it was time for some Extra Magic Hours Sorain’ time. Neither of us have ever waited in this queue before so that was a first… and in reality, not a bad experience! We jumped up and played the games with the rest of them and made friends with our neighbors in line… and ultimately had one of our best “Soars” yet (undoubtedly, partially in fact that we had been drinking but still… it was awesome!). Once off the ride, we realized how exhausted we were and headed back to the hotel for bed (which was quite an escapade that Paul can fill you in on later).

Next up: AK and DtD
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

From water park to Epcot - lovely day! Doesn't sound like it was raining much during your Epcot tour?!

(I hope Paul remembers this is a family friendly site!)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I meant the bus transportation!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Haha. Glad you made the most of the water park and had a great time at Epcot in the rain.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report, everyone is mentioning those blood orange margaritas in their reports so I am looking forward to trying one....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, how I will be partaking in the blood orange margarita! and the Grand M. slushie in 11 days....
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have the best reports.. can't wait to see part 6! You had better get started on it soon, I leave for WDW in 4 days!!!

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: