Quantcast Definitive CD Collection of WDW Attraction Music

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Definitive CD Collection of WDW Attraction Music

Is there a definitive collection of CDs available for purchase that has music from Disney World attractions and shows? I am thinking something multi-disc.

If not, are there a few separate CDs out there that can be put together to fit the bill. I have been looking around on Amazon (using the link to the left) and it doesn't look promising.

I am looking to expose my 3.5 year old to music from dark/loud attractions (which is practically all of the kiddy rides and most shows) in an effort to make him more comfortable with them. I think having a connection to the music will help him with his fear of the dark attractions (he loves music and we sing "small world" regularly around my house).
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The only one I know about is this one from Disneyland, but it's out of print right now so unless you can dig one up on eBay you're probably out of luck on that one.

I don't know of any other box sets that have park music on them.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The 4 Parks 1 World 2 CD set is about as close as there is. It's the one I like the most for park music. I did see a box set ($60) last week that had multiple CDs included (Illuminations, Wishes, and 4 others).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing commercially available.. There's some activity in the fan community around a 40th Anniversary set (AK has 5 disks alone) thats showing a lot of promise...

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube

I have found over 300 MK attraction music and BGM videos and audio, over 200 EPCOT, and almost 100 from Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

Not only will you get the music/audio, but you can "experience" those dark rides and shows with your little one right at home before going to the parks.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The 4 Parks 1 World 2 CD set is about as close as there is. It's the one I like the most for park music. I did see a box set ($60) last week that had multiple CDs included (Illuminations, Wishes, and 4 others).
    I used this with my 4 and 1 year old, as well as youtube videos. It really did make things familiar.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    YouTube

I have found over 300 MK attraction music and BGM videos and audio, over 200 EPCOT, and almost 100 from Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

Not only will you get the music/audio, but you can "experience" those dark rides and shows with your little one right at home before going to the parks.
    YouTube stuff can't be download, right? Because if it could I would be in heaven!

My DS is too fascinated with the computer (while constantly finding new ways to tear it up) to watch YouTube very long so I was hoping to get CDs for when we travel in the car.

I have recently got VERY hooked on YouTube myself (but recently got no love when I posted this). I have been looking at a good replacement for HV10N90's awesome collection of attraction music and just can't find it yet. I am looking to put stuff on an MP3 player for myself and YouTube is not good for that.

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    YouTube stuff can't be download, right? Because if it could I would be in heaven!

My DS is too fascinated with the computer (while constantly finding new ways to tear it up) to watch YouTube very long so I was hoping to get CDs for when we travel in the car.

I have recently got VERY hooked on YouTube myself (but recently got no love when I posted this). I have been looking at a good replacement for HV10N90's awesome collection of attraction music and just can't find it yet. I am looking to put stuff on an MP3 player myself and YouTube is not good for that.
    I downloaded with realplayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom12 View Post
    I downloaded with realplayer.
    Oh my goodness I just turned pale. Can Realplayer (which I thought was extinct) download YouTube files and somehow get them into MP3 format ?!?!?!

Could it be...

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

If you get Spotify (the new, best media player) and search 'Disney World' there are tons of albums that come up, and you can access all of them.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I wouldn't install RealPlayer on my machine to DL YouTube videos. There are a number of programs that do it without the bloat and problems caused by RealPlayer. In my book, RealPlayer isn't much different than any number of malware/spyware/virus programs that infect PCs on a daily basis.

So, yes, you can absolutely "download" youtube video/audio.

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and I have downloaded HOURS upon hours of Disney ride audio from different torrent sites online. One is called MouseBits - google it. Some of it is live-recordings that people have done themselves but it's really high quality. Others are the actual studio recording soundtracks from attractions. I know my sister has filled a 16gig Ipod with all of her stuff - I don't have quite as much! haha

I also listen to several different Disney World soundtrack radio stations on Live 365... but I still love the personal collection I've put together myself!

Nothing quite as cool as driving around in my car listening to the full Horizons/Spaceship Earth/Haunted Mansion attraction in high quality, among other favorites! My kids (3 & 6) actually know the narrations of those rides by heart now because we listen to them so often! haha
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Rule #1 about Mousebits is, we don't talk about Mousebits...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

PM me. What you want to do can be done very easily in just a few steps.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't install RealPlayer on my machine to DL YouTube videos. There are a number of programs that do it without the bloat and problems caused by RealPlayer. In my book, RealPlayer isn't much different than any number of malware/spyware/virus programs that infect PCs on a daily basis.

So, yes, you can absolutely "download" youtube video/audio.
    What do you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Question

As others have said, yes, you *can* download YouTube stuff - and extract just the audio from the videos. My wife and I have done this with quite a few of them - but it's been a while Can't remember what we were using right off-hand.

If I recall, you download the video using one program, then you can extract the audio using another (different) program). Just can't remember what they are right now...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMom12 View Post
    What do you recommend?
    Usually I get it from the source (of the music, not necessarily the actual source music) so I don't mess with youtube. What you typically get from youtube is a copy of a copy of a copy (lower quality).

Post Thanks / Like

Rule #1 about Mousebits is, we don't talk about Mousebits...
    Oh no! Don't beat me up! I'll be quiet now, I swear!

~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to install. PM me for a link to the website. Or Google "listen to you tube".

Post Thanks / Like

Usually I get it from the source (of the music, not necessarily the actual source music) so I don't mess with youtube. What you typically get from youtube is a copy of a copy of a copy (lower quality).
    Look up "MrThemeParkAudios" on YouTube. First-rate, source audio straight from...wherever he gets it from

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: