Quantcast Must Do's

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Must Do's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Must Do's

I have been to Disney several times and have done (pretty much) all of the common things. We just booked our next trip for August and I want to know what things are must do's that a lot of people don't know about? There are SO many things at Disney I feel like I will never EVER see and do everything!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that qualifies as a MUST DO for me would be grabbing an ice cream cookie sandwich at the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom. They use large chocolate chip cookies to make the sandwich, so it ends up being quite an experience to eat. I usually grab one on my last night at Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

if you have kids, go to AKL one evening and (maybe after a meal at Boma) use the night vision equipment to view the animals...my DS thought it was super cool. (And while your there do the hidden mickey safari)

Order the kitchen sink at beaches and cream and make it a family project.

watch fireworks from the beach at the Poly (preferably after eating sticky wings at the Kona)

Take the time to enjoy the street entertainers at the boardwalk and rent a a surrey bike to pedal around the lake.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

A few of my favorite Must Do's!

If you are going as a couple, wait out the crowds after Illuminations in EPCOT, it is worth it to walk the countries arm in arm pretty much all alone, very romantic.

Ride up front in the monorail. It sounds silly but it is very cool and if you time it right as the fireworks are going off at a park it is worth it!

Take your time. Really. No matter how much you think you "have to do" it is much less fun when you are runnign and too exhausted to enjoy it, or stressing over which ride or show you are missing because you are trying to enjoy the one you onr in now.

Hotel Scavenger hunts. Most of the on property hotels have them and they are a fun break form the crowds and the parks.

Enchanted Tiki Room. Now that it is back I can recommend it again. Go see it, especially if you have never been to Disneyland as this is as close as you will get to the original attraction. Plus it is just a fun, relaxing show and a great way to cool down.

Take pictures with Characters. What .. I'm an adult. So what? Seriously, you already have lots of Main Street pics and a few of you in front of the castle, but you can nto go wrong getting a few shots with Mickey or even less poplular characters. Sure your friends will groan at you when they see them, but trust me when I say it will make you smile seeing yourself pating plutos head or posing with Stitch for years to come!

Hope that helps and if I think of any others I will add it to the list!

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

I had my first turkey leg last summer and now I must say that they are must dos!!! Yummy
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    A few of my favorite Must Do's!

Ride up front in the monorail. It sounds silly but it is very cool and if you time it right as the fireworks are going off at a park it is worth it!

D
    Since the monorail accident, they no longer allow guest to ride up front. Doesn't sound like the option will ever come back based on what I've read.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tygger7 View Post
    Since the monorail accident, they no longer allow guest to ride up front. Doesn't sound like the option will ever come back based on what I've read.
    Seriously? That makes me very very sad.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Spending the day just hanging out at our resort. We tend to do this on days when MK is open to 1:00am. It makes for a really relaxing day.

Parasailing or fishing on Bay Lake. We've done both of those and they are really fun. Surfing lessons, although you have to get up really early it was fun and then we spent the entire day at the water park.

We haven't been to shows for a couple of years. We started going to them again and remembered how much fun they are to watch.

Playing checkers in the lobby of the VWL at night.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Seriously? That makes me very very sad.
    Yep, unfortunately it's 100% true. I'm very grateful that we got to sit up front (for the first & last time) during our May 2008 trip. I highly doubt the option will come back for fear of liability issues should something ever happen again.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Ride BTMR under a starry sky.
    Watch wishes from various locations like behind the castle or from the ferry boat.
    Check out the MR POTATO HEAD parts.
    Check out the ever expanding lego world.
    Ride all types of transportation at least once.
    View Illuminations from a different vantage point. Last time we were in La Hacienda.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

For me I must see Fantasmicmissed it last trip but not the next one

Upcoming:
    Sep 2012-CBR

Dec 2010-PC
    Sep 2008-CSR
    Sep 2005-PO(FQ)
    Oct 2003-LBV(offproperty)
    April 2001-All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Relax

If you have the time, spend one whole day in the middle of your trip at your resort. No parks, no waterparks, etc. Swim, relax, shop in your resort's stores, dine there, etc. Everyone's batteries get re-charged and at the end of the trip, you will be so happy you did this! It is seriously the one day of the trip that feels like a real vacation for me : )

Post Thanks / Like

Lose your adult inhabitions. Don't be afraid of interacting with the charaters and street acts. It's so much fun and when you are doing this you not only are having fun for yourself but also for those that are watching you - only wishing they had the courage to do what you are doing.

My boys, now in their twenties, learned long ago that I was there to have fun, too. They knew they could volunteer me for most anything and be only too happy to do whatever. Together we all have memories that you can not buy - you have to have lived and done.

It's WDW - Enjoy yourself and don't look back!

Post Thanks / Like

Searching for Hidden Mickey's is something that can bring new life to some of the attractions and resorts that you have been through numerous times before. Not only will you find Hidden Mickey's in your search, but you will find many more details that you may have never seen before! Some of my favorites are in the Haunted Mansion!

Post Thanks / Like

Our family's must dos.

1. Ride Splash Mountain after dark. Preferably during Wishes. (with a full moon moon is even better). This adds a whole new level of Magic to our favorite attraction.

2. We have boys, so a long visit to Tom Sawyer Island is always on our list. They love it, and DW and I chill out on the porch in the rocking chairs while the boys go exploring.

3. Go see Flights of Wonder at AK. This bird show is overlooked by most people, but it is great well worth your time and very entertaining.

4. Experience the Pangani Forest Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal kingdom. Again these are often overlooked by most guests so they are never crowded and very interesting.

5. Have a Casey's Corner Hot Dog (I know, they are not as good as they used to be), while watching Wishes from Main Street. This is my favorite WDW experience. The essence of the Disney magic for me.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

For my upcoming trip it will be

Soarin at least twice
    Impressions de France
    Test Track
    Illuminations
    Toy Story Mania (I've never done it)
    Tower of Terror
    Beauty and the Beast
    Art of Animation (so cool)
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Buzz Lightyear
    POTC
    Dole Whips (I'm a convert now)
    Wishes (on my birthday)
    Electric Light Parade
    Kilamanjaro Safari
    EE
    FOTK
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Our family's must dos.

1. Ride Splash Mountain after dark. Preferably during Wishes. (with a full moon moon is even better). This adds a whole new level of Magic to our favorite attraction.

2. We have boys, so a long visit to Tom Sawyer Island is always on our list. They love it, and DW and I chill out on the porch in the rocking chairs while the boys go exploring.

3. Go see Flights of Wonder at AK. This bird show is overlooked by most people, but it is great well worth your time and very entertaining.

4. Experience the Pangani Forest Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal kingdom. Again these are often overlooked by most guests so they are never crowded and very interesting.

5. Have a Casey's Corner Hot Dog (I know, they are not as good as they used to be), while watching Wishes from Main Street. This is my favorite WDW experience. The essence of the Disney magic for me.
    It's liek you took page from my last trip! Though I have never had a hotdog during the firworks, nor ridden Splash Mountain at night. Adding that to the "to do" list for my trip in 2 days.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Drawing a character in DHS animation academy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: