Quantcast Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Reveals New Details **UPDATE** - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

The prices seem in line. I was under the impression that the Allstars suites tended to be booked up and therefore not on sale, not even via PIN codes.
    I would be glad to see suites included in future discounts. As of now, we do 2 Value rooms.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

**UPDATE**

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Mar. 22, 2012 – The wings dedicated to the popular films featured at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will now be opening than sooner than expected after the resort hotel’s grand opening May 31
    “We are excited that the Cars, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid wings at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will all open earlier than we originally planned, bringing more permanent resort jobs to Central Florida sooner,” said Kevin Myers, vice president of resort operations for Walt Disney World Resort. “Demand for family suites exists in the marketplace today and the new opening dates reflect how optimistic we are about tourism in Central Florida.”

The Finding Nemo wings of the resort will open May 31; Cars will now open June 18 instead of July 31; The Lion King will open August 10 instead of September 30. The value rooms at The Little Mermaid wings on September 15 instead of at the end of this year.

In size and scope the construction of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is a major project at Walt Disney World Resort. The project has created 800 construction jobs and once open later this year, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will create 750 permanent resort hotel jobs.

The Lion King, Cars and Finding Nemo buildings will be entirely family suites, with 1,120 suites between them. The Little Mermaid buildings will feature 864 rooms in the “value” room category.

The construction of family suites at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is an innovative approach to a changing marketplace. Today more and more multi-generational families are traveling together for various celebrations, including family reunions. These families not only want to play together, they want to stay together, which has created tremendous demand for family suites.

Disney also unveiled the look of new Cast Member costumes at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

Each front desk Cast Member will wear a unique splattered-ink vest representing an animator’s unique creative process as part of their costume.

Also, as Guests move from the check-in area to Merchandise and Food & Beverage locations, Cast Members in those locations will be wearing colorful costumes that represent the color being added to animation.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked one night in a Cars suite for September. Cannot wait to see this resort! We are DVC members but wanted to see this resort for my son. We are a big CARS family.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyway to book the a room in the Little Mermaid wings for November now! I can't wait to stay there.

Post Thanks / Like

Booked a room in the Little Mermaid wing at the Art of Animation Resort this morning. We will be arriving November 9th for our 35th anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this resort have regular rooms in addition to the family suites? Would love to stay here someday...but we would only need a 'regular' room.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

The Little Mermaid rooms are all regular rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much.

Here are a few of my opinions:
    - When looking at things that entice my family regarding pools, we look for the theme and slides for the kids.
    - Yep...it's a tad of a bummer that the only standard rooms are in a 'girl' section (Little Mermaid). My son has no desire....They should have made it a nuetral thing. Maybe they didn't think of that.
    - Price: The family suites are expensive. But seriously....what ISN'T expensive at Disney. Crazy. But ...I go every year, regardless of the cost. I feed them their greed. I'm an enabler. lol
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Cars is a family suite! I hope to stay in AOA in Oct 2012!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to go in August and have priced out an option where we stay at POP for a few days and then move to AOA for the rest. We'll only have 4 in a room for the first half of our trip and the 5th will join us for the rest.

It saves a few $$ and the move across the way seems reasonable and relatively painless.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I'm excited about Art of Animation Resort! We come to WDW every year, sometimes staying on property (POP/Coronado Springs) since 2005. We are a family of 6 and having to get 2 rooms have had it's challenges. Now, we can all be together in the same room w/fridge and microwave! YAY! I do wish that Disney applies the military discount for the suites which they don't at this time.
    "I'm No fool, no siree! I'm gonna live to be 103! I play safe for you & me 'cause I'm no fool!"

Offsite 2004 (Travelodge Suites)
    Offsite 2005 (TS Eategate Orange)
    POP 2007 (May)
    POP 2007 (July-Aug)
    POP 2008 (May)
    Offsite Aug 2009
    CBR 2010 (May)
    Offsite Aug 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: