Quantcast Is Disney still selling the HO Train Set?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Disney still selling the HO Train Set?

I'm in search of a Walt Disney World HO Train Set. I bought one a few years back. Since then, I've been told that they discontinued the item. Is that true, and if so, why? If it is not true, can they still be bought at "Once Upon A Toy" at Disney Marketplace?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at WDW last week and the only trains I saw were a G gauge battery operated Disney set and a HO Marklin battery operated set. The Marklin set was modeled after a European high speed train and had nothing to do with Disney. I thought about getting the Marklin set but the value wasn't there. I bought the HO Disney train last spring on EBay in the $130.00 range. The set has a steam engine, tender, two excursion cars, track & transformer. I was also able to buy the Disney Carolwood HO set without the track & transformer for $70.00, again on Ebay. Both sets were new.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, the HO WDWRR sets were discontinued after a very short run in the parks and at DtD.

When they came out, I was a WDWRR engineer/conductor, and they were all snatched up pretty quick.

I know you can find them once in a while on the 'Bay, but they're way more expensive than when they first came out.

The *only* HO Disney train set that I know of recently was the Carolwood set with the Lilly Belle, and even that was Limited Edition and only at Disneyland's Gallery (I believe).

If you're looking for Disney model train info, I can direct you to a *very cool* site/message board with TONS of great info/very knowledgeable people
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: