Quantcast Liberty Tree Tavern, Whispering Canyon Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Liberty Tree Tavern, Whispering Canyon Cafe

For some reason I always read great things about these two places. I haven't even thought of making an ADR at either place. What makes each place such a hidden gem?
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Liberty Tree. The food is always good, and the lunch menu has some really yummy, different stuff. The pot roast and turkey dinner are really yummy. Plus they have a drink (Patriot Punch) that is my favorite treat in all of WDW.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone thinks of dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern but I agree with Dopey's Girl: it's the lunch menu that makes LTT a hidden gem! There really is something for everyone's tastes or dining preferences. And if you go during daylight, you can really appreciate all the details that went to the design of each room.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a review of LTT (haven't been) on a Disney food blog that made me really consider it, too. The food seems very comforting and familiar (in a great way!). I hope you try it and let us all know your thoughts.

WCC, we have tried and quite liked! I'd affirm going going for it for sure. Didn't do the skillet but did do the bottomless milkshake and had a lot of fun (plus it's a great excuse to explore WL). We did see a family not quite in the headspace for antics (busy day, or not expecting it all?) but we found it all to be in very good fun. Any edginess definitely has a nudge-nudge-wink-wink quality to it... and had us smiling non-stop. Again, let us know your experience!

Both seem like places difficult to find elsewhere (not unlike San Angel or Sci Fi, etc.); all other variables aside that's a big perk for us when getting-away-from-it-all!

Enjoy!
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

LTT has good food but the Character Dinner WAS one of the best on site.WCC..what can you say...The Skillet is AWESOME! The homemade in house bbq sauce is soooooo good,
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

LTT was a late find in our trips over the years. Sadly, they removed the Character Dining option, so we stopped going.

WCC is great, but getting there is a bit of a pain and I'm not sure the food is worth the trouble. It's not bad, but we would probably only go if staying at the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home last night - did WCC for first time this trip. Food was good - wait staff VERY disappointing. Asked for ketchup and was told to come back for breakfast or dinner (we could only get ADRs for lunch!). It was almost like they couldn't be bothered to be funny. Will not repeat due to attitude of staff and I agree that it is a pain to get to the WL if you are not staying there. Took the boat back to MK, but do not need to repeat this place on next trip.
    Hidden gem of this trip for us - lunch at the Plaza in MK. GREAT location and an absolutely delish lunch for all. Burgers were yummy and vegetarian sandwich was soooo good. Not to mention the root beer floats! Will definitely be repeating that meal on next trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We did LTT during our '07 trip. It was our first trip to Disney World with the kids. We were not on the dining plan and hadn't eaten at any TS restaurants the whole time. DH was getting sick of eating burgers and chicken, so out of the blue said "Let's eat here" while walking by LTT. I walked up to the counter and asked if we would be able to get in (there were tons of people waiting.) I was told 15 mins. And it was only 15 mins! We absolutely fell in love with this place. We got pics with Minnie, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. The food was fabulous. We were started with a delicious salad. Then there was sliced turkey, beef, and pork stacked up over a pile of stuffing. There was also mashed potatoes, green beans, and mac n cheese. Then after all that, we got cinnamon vanilla ice cream over hot apple crisp. We loved it so much we ate there again last year when we went. Of course the characters weren't there anymore, but the food was just as wonderful. And you can get as much as you want. You definetely don't go away hungry. We have it on our list of places to eat for our trip next year.

P.S. Oh and they had delicious rolls too. Soooo yummy!

Post Thanks / Like

Liberty Tree has awesome food! It's like Thanksgiving anytime you go!!
    Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, corn, yummy rolls, and great dessert.
    We hadn't eaten here in a few years, and really enjoyed it over the summer. We will be back.

Whispering Canyon is great BBQ food and FUN!!! Who doesn't want a FUN dining experience??? It won't disappoint.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I love both of these restaurants but my only complaint with Liberty Tree Tavern would be their plates/glasses/silverware. Last time I was there, I couldn't even drink my tea, the mug smelled SO bad. I don't know why but it always seems dirty.

My only complaint with Whispering Canyon Cafe is that the service is usually a hit or miss. Which I know can be EVERYWHERE, but it seems to be more often a miss here. The food always makes up for it though

Other than those two things that can happen at any restaurant, I love these places! The food and atmosphere is just wonderful!!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the food at WCC. Not a big fan of LTT. We ate there only once and wasn't thrilled with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Jumping on the bandwagon of those that loves having lunch at Liberty Tree. I didn't care for the family-style dinner (too much waste!) But the lunch menu is varied and reasonably priced. Try the Freedom Pasta--delicious!

The Whispering Canyon is also good, but again I prefer eating lunch there. I would also recommend foregoing the skillet meal and instead try some items off the regular menu. There are some very tasty dishes (they even have a cheese soup that rivals Le Cellier!)
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

we just did lunch at LTT. The colonial salad was yummmmy and my dh and dd raved about the burger (and they are picky about burgers) the toffee cakes was nothing short of AMAZING, and the Martha Washington chocolate cake was super good too (although crazy rich and dense)Definitely deserving of a return trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: