Quantcast DDP ?'s

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DDP ?'s

Post Thanks / Like

Default DDP ?'s

Next trip will be in Oct 2012. There will be 4 adults & 3 kids (ages 5 & 4) & 1 under 2. We have been pondering the idea of the DDP since we usually pay OOP. Do you actually save money? We usually do not order desserts as not enough room after the main meal. Usually skip breakfast as we tend to do something quick in the room before the parks. This next trip we are also thinking of taking a day out from the World & heading to the coast so not sure how this would effect the DDP for us. I think it would benefit us more if they had a snack plan only. This would also help out when we purchase items during the F&W festival. I would love to hear all positive & negative feedback of the DDP in general.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the DDP, and we save a lot of money, but our situation is very different from yours. We like the sit down meals and trying lots of new places, and we generally have the dessert. I tend to get the most expensive or fanciest thing on the menu so that I really feel like I'm saving ;-) For you, it sounds like you might not really maximize the value, although the one day a way could be made up for by doing a really nice 2-credit meal on one of your other days. BUT last time I went my kids were quite a bit older than yours - you may find you don't want the hassle of being tied to reservations with kids that might need some down time, or might be feeling restless and antsy just when you're ready to eat. Grabbing quick service is the ultiimate in flexibility, and the Quick service dining plan might work.

Post Thanks / Like

my family loves the QS DDP. Even if you don't normally order desert you an always get a big cookies or a mickey rice crispy treat and keep it with you as a snack for later. There are some changes to the plan for 2012 in that they are removing one of the snacks so the value is less per person that what you were getting before but overall I still feel its a good value - I also look at it as this - Even if we only break even - I enjoy the convenience of having it all paid for up front and not having to worry about most meals. since its only 2 QS meals per day you would still benefit by eating in your room ( we fly SW so we pack up a suitcase with cereal and breakfast items and eat in our room a lot too, then we have the empty suitcase to take home our souvenirs!) My kids are older than yours and both are now considered adults according to DDP standards but I think it will work out even better for us in the long run.

Also if you are planning just one day away it really shouldn't impact you too much since you get the meal plans according to the amount of nights you are there, not the days and the credits don't expire until midnight the night of check out. snack credits can always be used on items to take home from the gift shop or Goofys at DTD. Good luck with whatever you decide

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Dining Plan and find it does save us money. We normally just eat a light breakfast in the room and use our CS credit for lunch and TS credit for dinner. The snack credits are nice for special treats like candy and popcorn, but even if you don't need them during the day you can use it to stock up for snacks on the way home. We like having the dessert option with the TS but I do feel having the dessert with the CS is a bit much. ( I also wish you could chose from dessert or appetizer)

Still when I calculate what I would have ordered versus the cost of the meal plan we come out ahead. I suggest checking out the menus section and see if that helps.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We pretty much do what MississippiDisneyFreak does. We usually eat breakfast in the hotel room, have a QS lunch and a TS dinner. Sometimes we'll change it around and use the TS for breakfast at Chef Mickey's or something like that. Just depends.

However, we have found that it does a couple of things for us:

1. It helps us relax. Having an ADR means we don't have to worry about where to eat that night...the decision has been made. Also, having that sit-down meal every day allows us to experience new things and gives us much needed down-time after a busy day in the parks. I don't feel you get that with a QS meal.

2. It definitely saves us money. However, we could obviously spend less on simpler meals, but for us, the food is part of the DisneyWorld experience! We would never eat at some of these places, because of the prices, if we didn't have the DDP.

3. You don't *have* to get a dessert. Your choice. In most cases, you're still spending less than you would have otherwise had you paid OOP for a meal. Don't feel like you're obligated to get a dessert.

I DO wish that the DDP allowed you to choose an appetizer OR a dessert. However, we are excited that in 2012 they will be adding the refillable resort mug as part of the DDP! We've done this many times on our own, and now it'll just come standard!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: