Quantcast Parking at the parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking at the parks

For every trip we've taken, we've always used DIsney transportation 100% - from Magical Express to the monorail and busses.

This time, however, we are travelling with a large group of people, and will be staying off property. So... this is the first time we will be renting a car and having to drive to the parks... and I am clueless!

Hoping some of you can explain some more about how parking works.

How much does parking run?
    When going to MK, do I park at the park? Or do I have to park at the TTC?
    If I park hop, do I have to pay parking twice?
    Am I allowed to park at a resort if I have a reservation?

Any other hints or tips as to what will make the parking easier/better?

Thanks so much!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcrc View Post
    How much does parking run?
    When going to MK, do I park at the park? Or do I have to park at the TTC?
    If I park hop, do I have to pay parking twice?
    Am I allowed to park at a resort if I have a reservation?

Any other hints or tips as to what will make the parking easier/better?
    I believe the current daily charge is $14 (unless you have an annual pass and then it would not cost your anything).

There is no parking for guests at the Magic Kingdom. You'd need to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center and take the ferry or monorail from that point.

If you are dining at a resort, you will receive a temporary parking permit that will allow you to park at the resort for up to 3 hours. You are not allowed to park at resorts all day while you visit parks.

You do not need to pay for parking more than once in a day. Just take your receipt from the first lot you park in to the next one.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's like $14-$15 per car now for parking.

MK parking is the TTC.

You pay once per day, park hopping is OK. Save your receipt.

You can park at resorts for three hours if you have a reservation. Resort parking can not accomodate park visitors.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a AAA member you can get a special Diamond Club parking pass...the spots fill up quickly but they are the first row of parking. JUst ask your AAA representative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdm@pga View Post
    If you are a AAA member you can get a special Diamond Club parking pass...the spots fill up quickly but they are the first row of parking. JUst ask your AAA representative.
    Unless they changed it, that's not 100% true unfortunately. Or else I was misinformed when I called the AAA agent. We were members last year and I called to ask what do I need to do for the AAA parking and the lady said that is only available for those that BOOK their trip through them. They get the pass to park there. I was so bummed!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to depend on your AAA store. Some seem to give a parking pass for asking (or ticket purchase) other seem to reserve it for those booking a package through AAA.

In any case, there are ways to get great parking without the hassle of a Diamond Parking Pass.

Post Thanks / Like

parking is easy peasy.
    when you pay at the entrance and they give you the parking pass to put in your windshield your all set for the day, just leave it there and the parking attendants at any other park will see it as you approach and will let you pass for no additional charge. I find parking at the MK to be a pain, so I typically park at Epcot and then take the monorail to the MK, then when done there i head back to the Epcot parking lot via the monorail, just make sure that the hours of operation work for you if you decide to do that. Speak to your hotel concierge or front desk to determine easiest way from your resort hotel to the park of your choice.

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, we have been among it's many passengers."

Post Thanks / Like

Another tip is that you don't have to take the tram. If you're not too far from the entrance, it's usually faster to walk. Especially at park close when the lines to get on the tram could be long.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Just so you feel better about it, we stay on property and still take our own car to all of the parks (except the MK, because there's really no benefit to parking at the TTC and then still having to wait for Disney Transportation to get you to the park). We find it's MUCH faster to walk out to the car and drive back to the resort than it is to hop the Disney bus/monorail/boat, especially at closing time.

Example: The first year we decided to drive to the parks, we stayed at Epcot for Reflections of Earth. After it was over, the park was closing, so everyone was leaving. The lines for the buses were really, really long. It probably would have taken 30-40 minutes to get a bus back to POR, where we stayed. Instead, we walked back to the car, drove out with very little traffic, and were at our room within 15 minutes of leaving the exit at the park. It was great.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: