Quantcast Anyone else find the Christmas Decs at Epcot "disappointing" this year?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else find the Christmas Decs at Epcot "disappointing" this year?

Went to Epcot last evening, and was disappointed at the Holiday decorations this year.
    Anyone else? The bare tree limbs at the entrance look horrible! Anyone else? The wall of lights at the entrance to World Showcase are missing this year, and through out the park there seems to be a
    signifigantly reduced amount of decoration, at least I think so... Anyone else?

"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment, we have been among it's many passengers."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the World Showcase entrance lights have been gone for a couple years now. I haven't been to Epcot over the holidays, but in two more weeks, I will see for myself! I honestly think that Epcot should not be overdone for the Holidays. Save that for MK. As long as there is a tree, I'm good.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, it's looked like that for a couple of years now. I keep hoping they'll bring something back. The bridge going to WS had to be closed because they said it was getting to expensive to keep updated, but they could at least replace it with something new.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last year the first week of December....and not to add fuel to the "what's wrong" fire, but compared to several other years that we visted during the same time, there did seem to be a diminished amount of decorations. I didn't say anything to DW, but I noticed this all over. What was there was really nice, the castle is awesome and so is the Osborne lights, but I was disappointed in the all the rest...Even the resorts seemed to have cut back.

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't been at Christmas for a number of years now, but the last time we were there, the lights along the "bridge" between the World Showcase and Future World were not there, as they had been the previous years. We missed it, but oh well.

However, we're going back in December this year specifically because my DW wants to see Christmas decorations. I hope she's not disappointed!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

They've dramatically scaled back on the holiday decorations in the last five years or so at all the parks, not just Epcot.

In the last two or three years they've done away with the Lights of Winter (the archway), the tree lighting ceremony, and now even the set that used to surround the tree.

It's a shame ... the parks used to be so gorgeous at Christmastime, but once again I guess budget cuts win out over the guest experience.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We missed the Lights of Winter last year. We saw them on our 2003 trip and were hoping to see them again last year.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We noticed last year that the decorations were not up to par. We left very sad that Disney had not gone the extra mile like they had in the past.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We won't be there this Christmas season, but 2 years ago we were there and as others have said, they'd cut back. Especially disappointing was the absence of the lit and decorated arch, "Lights of Winter", which I had seen in the past and was magical. Sigh. Yes I would rather have someone's job be saved from elimination due to cutbacks but so many guests travel for the festive holiday decor/celebration. It really takes away from the experience. Maybe someday things will go back to the way they were.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: