Quantcast Closest non-Disney hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Closest non-Disney hotel

Thinking about going to DL next year and thinking about staying non-Disney (which I realize is not as big of a deal at DL as it is in WDW). However, I would still like to be in decent walking distance (as close to DL the Disney resorts - or closer - I think I heard some non-Disney hotels are actually closer to the parks than the Disney hotels are!) Can anyone tell me which non-Disney hotels are closest? Thanks!
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The absolute closest hotel is Best Western Park Place Inn. It's literally at the crosswalk across Harbor Blvd to the East entrance to Disneyland, which is where all the hotel shuttles drop off.
    Tropicana Inn and Park Vue Inn are next (they are on the North and South Side of Park Place, respectivley). Best Western Anaheim Inn, Camelot Inn, Howard Johnson, Del Sol Inn, Desert Inn and Ramada Maingate are also fairly close. You may also wish to google earth the area. The places you are looking for are on Harbor Blvd. Take a virtual drive down there and see if there's anything that looks good. Use 1560 South Harbor Blvd Anaheim, CA, it puts you right between the DL entrance and Park Place Inn.

A couple things to keep in mind: as you can see from above there are 2 Best Westerns extremely close to one another. That is the way it tends to be with many big chain hotels in Anaheim, there are several of each. So before clicking "agree and pay" for a certain hotel, make sure it's the right one.

Also, there is a transtit system called ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) that provides frequent service to and from the major hotel areas of Anaheim to Disneyland. It's kind of like a public transit system for Tourists, so if one of the walking distance places doesn't float your boat, keep that in mind. Cost is $4/person/day or less if you buy a multi day pass.
    I know the Double Tree hotel in Orange where I usually stay (as I'm in the area on business) provides a free hourly shuttle to Disneyland, even though it's not in the Disneyland Resort Area.. I've seen busses for Candy Cane Inn and Sheraton while waiting at DL, so those hotels have something too. But my hotels driver explained to me that every single hotel in Anaheim used to have it's own shuttle to DL, and then almost all of them contracted out to ART.
    And you are right... staying on site is not as big of a deal here as in Florida. I have once, it was great but it certainly wasn't worth the extra $$$$$$. And yes, aside from Grand Californian, the places on Harbor Blvd. are closer.

Well, hope I helped, enjoy your trip!
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much - that was VERY helpful! Lots of things to think about and consider. I appreciate your opinion on staying onsite too - it really seems like it's not worth the money and considering just getting to DL will be more expensive for us and DL doesn't seem to have the deals that WDW has (we often get "free dining" at WDW) - I think we'll probably try to save a little money on our lodging. Thanks again!
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Another hotel is directly accross the street from Disneyland and the cross walk to Disneyland. It is the Park Vue Inn.

Directly accross the street is the IHOP. Park Vue Inn is to the right of the IHOP. I have stayed there several times. It is my hotel of choice if not staying at a Disney hotel.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the Park Vue Inn in 2007. Although it's an older style hotel, it's amazingly close and I enjoyed my stay. You can watch the fireworks from a second floor patio, and that's really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    Another hotel is directly accross the street from Disneyland and the cross walk to Disneyland. It is the Park Vue Inn.

Directly accross the street is the IHOP. Park Vue Inn is to the right of the IHOP. I have stayed there several times. It is my hotel of choice if not staying at a Disney hotel.
    I actually had to look at an aerial image before I responded, it looks like the cross walk does come out in front of IHOP, for some reason I always noticed Captain Kidds, which is part of Park Place (and pretty much touching IHOP, literally about 5 feet to the left). On a side note I've never eaten at Captain Kidds, and the reviews I've seen of it on the internet will keep it that way. Either way, Park Place and Park Vue are the closest.

Anyway, Mary, I noticed you said you felt it would cost more to fly to DL. I live in Washington DC, and I tend to have little problems getting $99 airfare each way to the LA area in the off season. This is in comparison to the $84 each way I paid for Orlando in the Off season. So yeah it's more, but not enough to make me think about it. Here's a rule I and many others have when giving travel advice to DL: Go to John Wayne if you can, LAX if you have to.
    Check John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) first, then compare it to LAX, maybe even Long Beach (LNG). You may notice a considerable difference. Being flexible on the homefront doesn't hurt either.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candy Cane

CandyCane Inn is a short 250 yd walk to the gate plus if you feel like waiting for a shuttle, they have a private shuttle that runs every half hour. The Cane is super clean and highly recommended. It's the only place we stay. They have recently started a $10/day discount on rates on top of whatever rate you book via on-line or AAA, etc. The free cont. breakfast is quite satisfying. Fruit, bagles, muffins, bagels, toast, variety of cold cereal, make your own oatmeal, coffee, milk and juices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    I actually had to look at an aerial image before I responded, it looks like the cross walk does come out in front of IHOP, for some reason I always noticed Captain Kidds, which is part of Park Place (and pretty much touching IHOP, literally about 5 feet to the left). On a side note I've never eaten at Captain Kidds, and the reviews I've seen of it on the internet will keep it that way. Either way, Park Place and Park Vue are the closest.
    A note on Captain Kidds: my family and I call it Captain Rat's and with good reason.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: