Quantcast Downton Abbey - Season 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Downton Abbey - Season 2

So glad it's back for season 2. Anyone else watch this great show?

I had really wanted to rewatch season 1 before I watched the season 2 premiere from last Sunday, but I couldn't resist going ahead with season 2.

I love, love Brendon Coyle (he's great in everything I've seen him in, particularly North & South) and love Mr. Bates. Seems his road with Anna will not be an easy one, being that his wife is back. Man, she seems like an evil one, played by Maria Doyle Kennedy, who was great in The Tudors.

Just wanted to see if there is any interest from INTERCOTees on this show. I'd love to discuss.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yes, we have been watching Downton Abbey and love it. In a hurry to get out of the house right now will comment later.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

All my friends were raving about this. I had to try it. Love it! I went right through season one to get all caught up. It's so well done.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    All my friends were raving about this. I had to try it. Love it! I went right through season one to get all caught up. It's so well done.
    That was quick Sherri! Glad you got hold of it. Isn't it well done? All the acting, sets, costumes, etc. are top notch.

Anxious to hear your thoughts Kay.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I never even heard of it during the first season. Now, all of the sudden, I am seeing rave reviews everywhere over the excitement of Season 2! It certainly looks like something I'd enjoy, but I don't think I'll have time to go back and catch up for a while. I really don't like jumping into things without seeing prior seasons.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You know, I never even heard of it during the first season. Now, all of the sudden, I am seeing rave reviews everywhere over the excitement of Season 2! It certainly looks like something I'd enjoy, but I don't think I'll have time to go back and catch up for a while. I really don't like jumping into things without seeing prior seasons.
    Yeah, definitely not one to just jump into. I was even wondering about some things in the first season 2 ep (which I why I had wanted to watch season 1 again).

That said, the first season is only 7 episodes. It's not a HUGE time commitment.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a really great show. Love it!

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to tonight;s episode. I just started watching and spent the week before season 2 catching up on season 1.

My favorite stories are definitely Mr. Bates & Anna and Mary & Matthew. I do hope we see more of Sybil tonight. I was really interested in her story line but she has become so drab now that she is a nurse.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray!! They won a Golden Globe last night. So well deserved.
    It was last year's Golden Globes show that brought this gem to our attention. I promptly put it on my Netflix list and we were so happy I did.
    Oddly seeing this series also had me sending for the new Upstairs Downstairs and the Tudors, which in turn had me sending for the Elizabeth the First films with Cate Banchette (sp) and Helen Marren (oh, that's wrong too). Interesting how woefully lacking is my education in most everything to do with British history. What a shame. It is so full of lies and deceit, blood and guts and love stories, just what every teenager would love to learn about.
    Off the track there - back to Downton Abbey. I just love the love story of Anna and Mr. Bates, the care of the cook by her employers and Maggie Smith at her snotty best but with her soft side at the rose competition. The costumes and the overall production is amazing. Characters to love and hate. This series truely has it all.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I need to watch this one!! I saw they won a Golden Globe and I felt so bad b/c I think Elizabeth McGovern fell walking up the steps to the stage.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking forward to Season 2 also--glad I remembered to record it before I went on my trip!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

OH, I just caught the first show of season 2. So good! Love Maggie Smith. And Anna and Bates. Will be interesting to see how the war affects everyone.

I also watch Game of Thrones and thought it interesting that the actor who portrays Jorah Mormont showed up in Downton Abbey as Sir Richard Carlisle. Also, Edith! What was she thinking? Tsk tsk.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yeah, definitely not one to just jump into. I was even wondering about some things in the first season 2 ep (which I why I had wanted to watch season 1 again).

That said, the first season is only 7 episodes. It's not a HUGE time commitment.
    Had insomnia last night and found season 1 on Netflix streaming. So far I've watched the first 2 episodes and I'm hooked!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Had insomnia last night and found season 1 on Netflix streaming. So far I've watched the first 2 episodes and I'm hooked!

So, for Season 2, Ep 2 - I really wanted to dislike Lavinia. Really, really, really wanted to dislike her. But I don't. And thus it will be more difficult to see her get hurt. LOL! I sure hope Matthew and Mary get together, and boy will it be good when they do.

I'm definitely finding time to rewatch Season 1 this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, thanks to a nasty sinus infection I've not been able to do anything but lay down and watch TV. Thanks to PBS streaming the season 2 episodes, I am now officially all caught up! WHEW what a whirlwind to watch them all in a row!!!!!!!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love this show. Season 2 Episode 3 airs tomorrow night! I can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

It's confusing because PBS aired episodes 1 and 2 together, but it was actually episode 4 that aired last night.

So the mean O'Brien and Thomas are re-emerging. Hate them! I was actually a bit shocked to see Matthew and William waltz into the concert like that. I thought they'd play out the missing storyline a little longer. Matthew and Mary's duet was so cute though.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on Lavinia, Melanie. And O'Brien and Thomas, errg. But I guess we have to have some good villains. I haven't seen the new one yet but I have been a bit surprised at Edith with her farm helping. What was she thinking?
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I just have a bad feeling about how the whole Matthew/Lavinia Mary/Sir Richard scenario is going to play out. I don't think we'll get the outcome we want, but who knows! The little show for the troops and having William and Matthew pop in was great.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I just have a bad feeling about how the whole Matthew/Lavinia Mary/Sir Richard scenario is going to play out. I don't think we'll get the outcome we want, but who knows!
    I hope you aren't right, but I definitely think it's going to get bad. Next week's previews look like someone (Carson maybe) is waving a newspaper at Lord Grantham. I think Vera is going through with her threat. Man, she's evil.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: