Quantcast Survivor: One World - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much agree with the discussion. I spent the season really wanting someone to wise up and boot Kim, and wondering why everyone was so fascinated with her? What was it about her? But the closer it got to the end, the more I thought she really deserved the win and it should be hers. How often does the one who really earned it win? So, I'm glad the jury wasn't bitter and gave it to her. At the same time, I don't like her and don't understand the appeal. Also, Alicia had her boo-hoo apology moment in the finale but I really wanted her to learn more from the experience than I think she did. Her behavior was not okay-- and not just with the one incident. I would not want her around my children.

I really hope they don't bring Colton back. It's not the same thing I felt for Russell at all. With Russell, it started out as a love to hate thing maybe but even then, too much Russell was not a good thing. Colton was a hateful, horrible person in his season, and I think he would go out there and do the same again. It's not fun to watch. I would love to see Michael Skupin play again, the guy who burned his hands. And there was a likable player, I'm thinking his name was Bruce, who had stomach issues a few seasons back? I don't mind him coming back. No one else rings a bell right now for medevacs that I want to see again. And did Jeff say three tribes this time?

Side note: just saw who is coming back and I don't mind any of them (though I think the one of them certainly had his chances to play and they could have had someone who was really robbed of the opportunity instead).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    To say I was irked at Kim's behavior last night is putting it very mild. Wow, after that show of smug superiority you wonder how many of them wished they had voted for someone else. And then she smuggly sat there and got the additional 100K as if it were due her.

Well, she by far and away outplayed anyone sitting around tribal (jury or finalist).

It was a relatively boring and predictable season, but Kim played a well thought out, balanced and strategic game. She took two people to the end that many thought was a mistake to do so, and she still got votes 7-2, and if not for Troyzan and Leif spite would have been a 9-0 sweep.

Watching during the season its tough, because we have to watch the players thru their edits, but at FTC, you can't hide behind the edit and you start to see things that everyone else knows but the audience didn't. First and foremost being, Chelsea apparently played a terrible social game (re Christina: "Chelsea why do you hate people"). I think most of us, based on her edit, thought she was both an equal partner to Kim and was playing a good social game. Turns out neither was true and her FTC performance, from her opening speech to her answers were all over the place and half the time it seemed like she was shilling for Kim.

The other thing that became obvious is that Sabrina was nothing more than another vote in the voting block. Her whole Kim is the messenger, I was intentionally doing bad/flying under the radar really spoke more of strategic cowardice then anything else and her only two votes were votes against Kim, not for her.

I guess I wasn't annoyed at Kim, to the contrary it was nice to finally hear a finalist answer questions matter of fact, honestly, without trying to pander to the jury (like both Chelsea and Sab did). Kim had great responses to:

Troyzan: (but Troyzan's ego can't admit he was owned by Kim)

Leif: but again Leif didn't want to hear what everyone else knew, he blew in the wind and couldn't be trusted.

Jonas: she set the whole tone right there and laid it all out

And whoever asked her why she didn't take Christina, she answered that perfectly as well.

Kim wasn't the most exciting player, but she basically played a flawless game, up to and thru final tribal.

It was nice to see Troyzan and Alicia not disappoint with their delusions of grandeur at FTC and the reunion show. Troyzan comparing himself to Richard Hatch and Alicia saying she was a kingpin and would have won had she been in final 3. Both looked like total idiots by the time the final credits ran. Best part of the reunion show was watching Troyzan lose the $100K to Kim as fan favorite.

All in all, a mediocre season that misfired with its "one world" concept and "men vs women".

Three tribes next season with 3 returning players, I wonder how many Survivors they will have, 6 per tribe plus the 3?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Side note: just saw who is coming back and I don't mind any of them (though I think the one of them certainly had his chances to play and they could have had someone who was really robbed of the opportunity instead).
    SBETigg, I think we were posting at the same time. Here is I think a complete list of those that have left the game due to injuries.

Mike S (Australia)- Fell into the fire and had severe burns on hands (also burns on arms face and shoulder.)

Bruce (Panama)- Bowel obstruction
    Gary (Fiji)- Fell during a challenge due to his weakened state from thousands of bug bites he got sleeping on the beach instead of inside the shelter.

Jonathan Penner (FvF aka Micronesia)- Infection in knee from injury sustained in challenge. He also played in Cook Islands.

James (FvF)- Infection in cut on his finger. Also played in China and HvV

Joe (Tocatins)- Knee injury

Mike B (Samoa)- Low blood pressure after physical challenge. They thought he was about to have a heart attack

Russell Swan (Samoa)- Passed out during a challenge from sever dehydration. They also thought he was on the verge of a heart attack.

Kourtney (One World)- Broken arm

Colton- (One World) Appendicitis /infection

I'm not sure that I care about the concept of the returning medivaced, but 2 of the 3 they are bringing back (Skupin and Swan) I agree with and I probably would have taken Bruce over Penner as Penner has already played twice, but I think he's like a lot by Jeff and deemed to be more of a strategist. James, I could care less if I ever saw again, as Tom Weston said in HvV - "all mass - no class". The rest I barely recall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I'm not sure that I care about the concept of the returning medivaced, but 2 of the 3 they are bringing back (Skupin and Swan) I agree with and I probably would have taken Bruce over Penner as Penner has already played twice, but I think he's like a lot by Jeff and deemed to be more of a strategist. James, I could care less if I ever saw again, as Tom Weston said in HvV - "all mass - no class". The rest I barely recall.
    Thanks for the rundown. Bruce, yes, I was thinking of Bruce. I would have liked to have seen him come back again. I like the Skupin and Swan picks. The rest, don't mind missing them. Penner had his chance beyond the season he had the medevac. He has the Alan Alda-like voice. I remember him well and don't dislike him, but just would have preferred Bruce. I hope it's an interesting cast with a good mix of players we can really get behind. We'll see. And we get a new setting, the Philippines. My mom lived there with my grandparents in her youth, when my grandfather was active in the Air Force, so she will probably really enjoy that.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Kim deserved it. She won challenges. She made bold moves. She just outplayed everyone. (And she grew a moustach while she was there - neat trick!)

The only ONLY thing that utterly disgusted me last night was Mayim Bialik trying to defend Colton.

Pu-leese, Mayim! If Colton had opposite tendancies, you can bet she would have been leading the parade to denegrate him. Even his mother was embarassed by his actions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    I thought Kim deserved it. She won challenges. She made bold moves. She just outplayed everyone. (And she grew a moustach while she was there - neat trick!)
    ROTFLOL-I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, that was cracking me up!

Enjoyed the reunion more than the actual show, I'm also ok with the three possible people coming back although I'm surprised about Mike Skupin because he had mentioned multiple times he was totally uninterested in doing it again. You know I almost wonder if Tarzan hadn't been portrayed as such a weirdo through most of the season and in a more endearing way the way he was in the finale/reunion if he would have won the $100K. After watching the finale and reunion I probably would have given it to him.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty much over Survivor. My family loves to watch each season and I did too, until now. The show has changed ever so slightly, but I can't put my finger on why I don't like it anymore. I need a new reality show to follow - maybe the Amazing Race?

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Princess'Mom View Post
    I'm pretty much over Survivor. My family loves to watch each season and I did too, until now. The show has changed ever so slightly, but I can't put my finger on why I don't like it anymore. I need a new reality show to follow - maybe the Amazing Race?
    I used to watch the Amazing Race, and I love the locales and the challenges but it was always a little intense for me. I end up on the edge of my seat with my heart racing every show. I stopped watching because I just get too caught up. If you are looking for that sort of experience, though, you would like it.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I used to watch the Amazing Race, and I love the locales and the challenges but it was always a little intense for me. I end up on the edge of my seat with my heart racing every show. I stopped watching because I just get too caught up. If you are looking for that sort of experience, though, you would like it.
    It's funny you say that Sherri, because I do the same thing with Survivor. I know this is strange, but my very first full blown panic attack started during a tribal council. Granted I had tons going on in my life at the time and a silly TV show was not at all what caused it, but the intensity got my heart rate up and lead me right to the ER. I still find myself getting that feeling every now and then when watching.

On the other hand, love The Amazing Race and have preferred it for years over Survivor. That said, I'm happy to hear Colton is not one of the evacuees coming back and will be excited to watch. I've always thought Michael should have been given another chance. Of course, the game is so different now than when he played. It was still young and fresh back then. And isn't Jonathan the one who sounds just like Alan Alda? I don't remember him getting evacuated????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    . And isn't Jonathan the one who sounds just like Alan Alda? I don't remember him getting evacuated????
    Yes. He was also a bit actor but I think in his original season he was billed as a writer/author. I think he was taken out on a boat and I remember his last words were, "I had this game under control" or something to that extent, basically indicating that he thought he had his path to the end all laid out.

He won't be viewed as a physical threat like the other two might, so if he plays his cards right, I could see him going far into the game.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: