Quantcast Renewed Day Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renewed Day Trip

After the beginning of the week, I didn't think we were going to be able to go to Disneyland. Monday night early Tues morning I came down with the stomach flu. I lost a whole day and slept Tuesday away. By Friday, I was much better and raring to go

It was just Jessica and I until the afternoon.

We got to Disneyland at 7am. Got the ECV set up and we were on the tram shortly after. Got to the ticket booth to get our new AP's. I had let our other passes expire back in October (10th) and this was our first time back since then. We got the Premium ones and will upgrade to the Premier ones later for our WDW trip.

I was curious to try the Jolly Holiday bakery since it just opened. The line was long so we went to Capt. EO which is Jessica's must do. I really wanted to go to see the decorations and the Christmas parade. Got to see HMH as well as Small World holiday. We took our last rides on Alice in Wonderland and the Matterhorn until they re-open again. We gathered our fastpasses for Space Mountain and Star Tours along the way.

The line (h/c) was only about 3 chairs deep when we got in line for Small World. When we got off the line was filling the h/c queue. This was a theme all day long. The line just seemed to follow us. On the way out we stopped at the Tiki room to get a Dole Whip for Jessica.

Lunch time brought us to Whitewater snacks. That is our usual hang out. We were meeting our friends there and Beverly was there waiting. Sheryl and her DS Robert and DD Ashley were soon behind us. Ashley works in food service and was later to work at the new Jolly Holiday. We all had lunch and then headed for a quick ride on Toy Story Mania before heading back to Disneyland.

We sent Robert and Jessica on their way with the fast passes for Space Mountain and sat down at one of the tables at the Jolly Holiday. We were in time to see the Christmas Parade from that vantage which was fine with me.

Robert and Jessica were back from Space and Jessi was hungry so we went into Jolly Holiday... see the dining review for details. There was a lady and her son not far behind us in line. She was dressed to look like Mary Poppins and her son sorta looked like a small Burt. She had a black hat with the flowers and looked like the character. Too funny.

We took our time walking over to HMH again for one last ride. It was much busier this time and there were chairs already down and had to wait for them to come back up so we could go down. With our last trip on HMH we headed over to the Matterhorn for one last bobsled ride on the old sleds. The new ones will be all single seats. No more sharing the one large seat with two people.

The parade was going on, and I don't like to be in the middle of the crowds. We used our fast pass for Star Tours and when we were done, the parade was also and the street manageable.

We were off to DCA for dinner at Boardwalk pasta. It was really cold for us Californian's and they didn't have the outdoor heaters. Back to Whitewater for dinner. At least it was heated there.

With the end of dinner that brought our day to a close. Beverly went back on the bus with us and Sheryl and Robert went back to DCA/DL to wait for Ashley to finish her shift at Jolly Holiday.

I can't believe how much I really missed going. The whole day seemed so magical to me and so back to our normal routine.

Can't wait to go back on the 21st.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to see the Christmas themed attractions and the soon to be refurbished attractions before they were gone. I was surprised and happy to hear that the Jolly Holiday Bakery is now open.

I too am going to need to let my pass lapse, but hope I have as great a time as you did when I go back for my eventual "renewed" trip.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: