Quantcast Storybook Circus Opening Date and Snow White's Scary Adventures Closing Date - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically when the Submarine Voyage opened at Disneyland it was an "E" ticket ride as was the Monorail. "E" ticket was just a popular ride. Although now most people consider the thrill rides "E" ticket rides it was orginally a term for the more popular rides.

For example... while not a thrill ride TSM would probably be an "E" ticket ride due to is popularity.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    Technically when the Submarine Voyage opened at Disneyland it was an "E" ticket ride as was the Monorail. "E" ticket was just a popular ride. Although now most people consider the thrill rides "E" ticket rides it was orginally a term for the more popular rides.

For example... while not a thrill ride TSM would probably be an "E" ticket ride due to is popularity.
    Dumbo is popular, would you consider that an E??? Dumbo is a B... But not an E... Mermaid is a C+, maybe D, as it is referred to internally... Read around, you'll see what Imagineers consider it... But in no circle does anyone consider it an E...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

rest in peace.... SWSA.... you will be missed, despite freaking out children of all ages, you will be missed.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Storybook Circus opening pushed back to March 31... So, won't be opening on the 19th now....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Very mixed feelings about SWSA. First time I rode it I was probably 4-5 years old and it terrified the bejeezus out of me. For many years, even as an adult, I refused to ride it. Not kidding, I had nightmares about that ride.

So yeah, it's a classic, and yeah, we all have our fond memories, and yeah, a princess meet & greet is not what I want to see replacing it. But I have to say I'm not as sorry to see it go as the rest of y'all.

Glimpsed some Dumbo "flight tests" over the wall on 2/29 when I was there. The bright colors are really something on those tents! And the Fantasyland train station should be lovely when it's done. It'll be so nice to have a third stop on the train again -- as it is now, the train is not very useful as transportation!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Technically when the Submarine Voyage opened at Disneyland it was an "E" ticket ride as was the Monorail. "E" ticket was just a popular ride. Although now most people consider the thrill rides "E" ticket rides it was originally a term for the more popular rides.

Actually the term "E" ticket is really used more to apply to outstanding attractions that would have warranted one under the old ticket book system.

I believe, although I'm not 100% certain, that the formula for determining what attractions were A, B, C, D, or E tickets was relatively simple ... expensive, elaborate attractions rated the less common tickets (D or E) while the simpler or less expensive attractions got the more common A, B, C tickets.

A good example of this would have been If You Had Wings back in the day ... it was an attraction very similar to some that were C and D tickets, but it required no ticket at all because it was funded almost entirely by Eastern Airlines.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I could have explained what I meant, but that was what I was thinking Ian. Thanks for clarifying.

I meant to clarify that back in the day, an E ticket ride did not have to be a thrill ride. I think that Toy Story Mania would probably have required an E ticket because it is a very elaborate ride that cost a lot of money to build.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I guess I could have explained what I meant, but that was what I was thinking Ian. Thanks for clarifying.

I meant to clarify that back in the day, an E ticket ride did not have to be a thrill ride. I think that Toy Story Mania would probably have required an E ticket because it is a very elaborate ride that cost a lot of money to build.
    Yeah and I probably should have mentioned that I completely agree with you about TSM. There's no doubt in my mind that would have been an E-Ticket attraction.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'll miss SWSA, but a lot of children are afraid of the ride. One of my old friends was terrified of the ride at 12 years old when we went in 2006. Even though it will be sad to see it gone, it was more depressing when Mickey and Minnie's homes were taken down in my opinion.
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that Storybook Circus has started soft openings, including 1/2 of the new Dumbo rides. Just an FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad indeed Snow White has always been one of my favorites and probably not for the same reason as the rest of you. I did enjoy the ride with my children many times and loved the theme and so on. The main reason I have always loved Snow White is that with out her character and the success of the 1937 movie Walt Disney would never have been as successful. In fact he took a huge gamble borrowing a lot of money to make the movie and of course the rest is history. I just think there should always be some sort of area or ride or something to do with Snow white In Disney World. Look on the bright side maybe there can now be a new ride:
    SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN?
    Kids should love that ride

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going this weekend to ride one last time!

Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tale zzzzzz, Oh I'm sorry, fell asleep thinking about the replacement...

Fairy Tale Hall won't open til 2013.. LATE 2013.. For a meet and greet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOG View Post
    Very sad indeed Snow White has always been one of my favorites and probably not for the same reason as the rest of you. I did enjoy the ride with my children many times and loved the theme and so on. The main reason I have always loved Snow White is that with out her character and the success of the 1937 movie Walt Disney would never have been as successful. In fact he took a huge gamble borrowing a lot of money to make the movie and of course the rest is history. I just think there should always be some sort of area or ride or something to do with Snow white In Disney World. Look on the bright side maybe there can now be a new ride:
    SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN?
    Kids should love that ride
    Hmm, if Snow White and the Huntsman does well in the box office, maybe Universal would consider some sort of Snow White ride since they are putting out the movie... But I wouldn't hold my breath on that... I cannot picture Kristen Stewart in any theme park attraction...

And as much as I hate the princesses taking over 90% of fantasyland, I do agree with you.. Snow White should have representation in Disney... And she will... She is supposed to have a meet and greet (agh, I hate even saying those words) by the Dwarf cottage... The ride will not feature her at all...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The ride will not feature her at all...
    Well, remember that Snow White wasn't represented in the original version of Scary Adventures either. The rider was supposed to be her.

I don't have an issue with her not being part of the new ride. The dwarfs are still a part of her story and I have a feeling this attraction is going to be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We saw the new Fantasyland expansion display they added to One Man's Dream today and man is it impressive looking. If the real thing turns out to be even half as gorgeous as the model it should look just out of this world.

I still, though, am having a hard time getting past the fact that when all is said and done all this money will have gone to fund exactly +1 new ride. Seems like they really could have done more with all that they're spending ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Well, remember that Snow White wasn't represented in the original version of Scary Adventures either. The rider was supposed to be her.

I don't have an issue with her not being part of the new ride. The dwarfs are still a part of her story and I have a feeling this attraction is going to be great.
    That''s right... The rider was supposed to be Snow White in the original version.. Forgot about that part... I only remember seeing Snow White as part of the attraction...

I have no issues with her not being part of mine coaster.. The them is the diamond mines... Snow White was never in the diamond minds and doesn't belong in the ride because of that.... I think we may see one or two scenes with the 7 Dwarfs... Which is just fine by me... Plus, I believe Snow White will actually be visible inside the cottage as you exit the ride, so I guess, in a way, she will be represented...

Just don't get your hopes up on a great ride Mel... it isn't going to be a show stopper... Will be fun and fit right in... But I'd stop short of calling it great... That may be setting expectations too high... Only my opinion though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    We saw the new Fantasyland expansion display they added to One Man's Dream today and man is it impressive looking. If the real thing turns out to be even half as gorgeous as the model it should look just out of this world.

I still, though, am having a hard time getting past the fact that when all is said and done all this money will have gone to fund exactly +1 new ride. Seems like they really could have done more with all that they're spending ...
    Let us not forget the $1 billion on NextGen... Could have went to the parks to improve DHS, add to DAK, give Epcot much needed love, fix Splash Mountain, and redo Tomorrowland... Instead, we get, guest tracking devices to monitor your spending habits... Oh, and interactive queues...

Post Thanks / Like

I will miss this attraction. So tired of meet and greets. Since the Seven Dwarfs Mine is not going into the same location they could have left it. It's probably more of a nostalgia thing for me.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

Post Thanks / Like

Rode it yesterday for probably my last time, and I taped it. Sad to see it go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: