Quantcast New Policy for 2012

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Policy for 2012

A friend of mine asked about a new policy that went into effect for 2012. This was how she described it:
    " It use to be if you put down a dep then it held your vacation at the current price. As of 1/1/12 your vacation price is not held until you pay off the entire trip. So if the price of your trip goes up b4 you pay if off you get the higher price."
    Has this always been and we just didn't realize it? Is this new? If this is the new policy, I trying to look at all the scenarios.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of anyone paying MORE for their Disney trip than what was on their initial reservation.

Disney price changes (other than ticket increases) don't come in the middle of the year. It isn't like airlines where prices are always changing. There are often promotions you can try and book, but that would lower the price, not raise it.

It isn't something I would worry about. The price you have on the paperwork when you pay your deposit is the price you'll pay, unless you are able to save a few dollars with a special offer.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

No, that's not true. Once you book and put down a deposit, you are reserving your trip at the price you were quoted. Package prices DO NOT "go up". Disney's pricing system is not like that. If you book under a special offer or promotion of some sort, and are getting a discount, once you put down a deposit, you are holding the reservation at the discounted price. That price is YOUR price, bottom line. It doesn't require payment in full in order to be honored.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the exception to this, and where the confusion may be coming from, is if you book room only before packages are released for next year. In this case, you are putting a deposit down to hold a room, but they do not know what the room rates will be yet for the following year. For example, if I wanted to hold a room now for May 2013, they will take the deposit and hold a room, but they will not be able to tell me what the actual room rate will be until that info is released in July/August usually. Your deposit is to hold that room, not to lock in to this year's prices. Hope I haven't confused you more, but this is my understanding of how it works.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I once had an issue like this checking into the Beach Club a few years ago, I had paid off the entire vacation months ahead and when I was checking in the gentleman told me I had a balance due of a few hundred dollars. I explained that I had paid it off already and he claimed there was a price increase on the room and this was the difference. I refused to pay this, as I was quoted a price and had already paid that price. I asked to speak to the manager and told him that under no circumstances would I be paying the new amount. They discussed it and finally admitted that the charge was not correct. So I would always check what you are charged against what you are quoted.
    Disney Villas 1986/CR 1988/Dolphin 1992/POR-GF 1996/WL 1997/CBR 1999/WL 2001/BC 2003/POFQ-HHR 2004/BWV-VWL 2005/POLY 2006/ AKL 2006/YC 2007/Wonder-BCV 2008/WL-BLT 2009/POLY 2010/BWV-Dream 2011/CSR 2012/ YC 2013/YC 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard of this and cannot see them doing that.

However, I was told that a new policy was in place this year in regards to cancellations and modifications.

Up until this year, if you cancelled prior to 45 days, you would get all of your money back. If you cancelled prior to 10 days, you would be charged $50. If you cancelled after 10 days, you would be charged $200.

This year after your 45 day window, you are charged $200.

I believe they said something about if you made a change to your ressie that caused the price to go down after your 45 day window you would also be charged a $50 fee.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofMickey View Post
    I have not heard of this and cannot see them doing that.

However, I was told that a new policy was in place this year in regards to cancellations and modifications.

Up until this year, if you cancelled prior to 45 days, you would get all of your money back. If you cancelled prior to 10 days, you would be charged $50. If you cancelled after 10 days, you would be charged $200.

This year after your 45 day window, you are charged $200.

I believe they said something about if you made a change to your ressie that caused the price to go down after your 45 day window you would also be charged a $50 fee.
    So an example of this for a trip planned this coming spring. Package booked(room, tickets, dining) and it is after the 45 day mark. If you called and wanted to say drop the park hopper, they would charge you $200 because this causes the overall price to drop? Am I understanding that right?
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this last night while trying to book online. There is a disclaimer in the booking screen that says " prices are NOT guaranteed until payment in full".
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone from Magical Journeys clarify any of this..
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not from MJ, but I can definitely clarify.

You received many correct answers above.

To repeat:
    Around early August or so every year, Disney sets its room and package rates for the next calendar year.

So in June of 2012, if you want to book for a July 2013 stay, you can reserve a room, but NO PRICE will be set; in addition, the reservation must be room-only ... they won't book a package for you until the 2013 package prices are released around August 2012.

But once the actual resort rates are released, the price WILL NOT go up. Disney doesn't change its resort prices within a single calendar year. When they're announced, they're set for that calendar year, period.

Is there a new policy that says if TICKET prices go up then the package price goes up too? I suppose that's possible, but it won't make for a dramatic increase in price. When ticket prices go up, it's usually only around a 3% increase or so. So if you have $300 tickets for 4 people, that's $1200, and adding even 5% to that total of $1200 for tickets adds only $60 to your total price.

The only legitimate way that a price can go up from the time you book it with a set price is if the state sales tax or local county sales tax increases. Disney can't insulate you against a tax increase. This happened to me, I think it was back in 2006. But again, that ends up being a trivial amount, not hundreds of dollars.

So absent of change fees and tax increases, that package balance is SET IN STONE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's true, apparently...

I mock booked a package. Just before the final screen, I clicked on "Terms and Conditions 2012". This is what it says regarding pricing:

Effective for arrivals January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012

Prices
    All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, package price is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of governmental authorities. If air transportation is included in the package, the airfare is not guaranteed until paid in full and the tickets are issued.

The question now is, did it always say this? However, it does say "pacakge price" so that could be in relation to increased ticket pricing.

If you go for a ROOM ONLY reservation, this is the policy:

Effective for arrivals January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012

Deposit Requirements
    A credit card deposit must be received at time of booking or the reservation will be automatically cancelled.

Cancellation Policy
    In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify an existing reservation, call (407) 939-7429†.

Rate Revisions
    Room rates are guaranteed as long as your reservation is not changed.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    So an example of this for a trip planned this coming spring. Package booked(room, tickets, dining) and it is after the 45 day mark. If you called and wanted to say drop the park hopper, they would charge you $200 because this causes the overall price to drop? Am I understanding that right?
    Not my understanding. If you cancel the entire trip after the 45 day mark, you will be charged $200.

Now the part where they said, if you make a modification in your package that reduces the rate, you will be charged a $50 fee, would lead me to say you would be charged $50. However, I never asked so I am not sure. When they said it, I never thought of that example.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofMickey View Post

Now the part where they said, if you make a modification in your package that reduces the rate, you will be charged a $50 fee, would lead me to say you would be charged $50. However, I never asked so I am not sure. When they said it, I never thought of that example.
    For further clarification, the change fee applies to ANY changes to the package, at any time. It doesn't matter if the price ends up higher or lower. They charge $50 to make a change, period. If you are within 45 days and you have made payment in full, I don't think you can make changes to stuff like the park ticket options.
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: