Quantcast Suggestions for staying "On-Property" at DL?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for staying "On-Property" at DL?

This is our first return trip to DL since well before it was expanded. We've never stayed on site at DL, but always do so at WDW. We have three kids, so there will be five of us.

What are the opinions about the three DL hotels?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have your heart set on staying at a Disney property then I would recommend this Disneyland Hotel. It's a short walk to the gates (maybe ten-ish minutes with kids) and you can get on the Monorail there which will bring you directly to Tomorrowland. The Grand Californian is lovely but pricey. I've never stayed at the Paradise Pier, but it's a converted non-Disney hotel and just doesn't have the same magic as the other hotels.

However I would also recommend looking into staying at some of the hotels on Harbor that are not Disney owned. Some, like the Tropicana and Park Vue are litterally right across the street and are a closer walk than the Disneyland Hotel. The Howard Johnson is a little further away, but has a great pool for the kids.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

The best hotels on Property are the Grand Cali and DLH. Where you stay is really going to be dependent on your budget. Rates for these hotels will probably not be released until Oct or November. And it will also depend if you plan on coming during the Holidays or after.
    As the previous poster stated, dont overlook the hotels on Harbor Blvd. While they may not have the "Disney Magic" feel to them, they can be half the price and closer to the front gate. Ramada Maingate, Park Vue, Fairfield Inn, HoJo, & Candy Cane Inn all have comfortable rooms & some even have Continental Breakfast (if fruit, donuts & muffins are your thing).
    Hope this helps
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

we stayed at the DLH last summer and quit liked it. We got a non-renovated room and it was a bit worn, but at least the window opened (the renoed rooms don't) and we had a great view of the fireworks from our "standard view" room. The pools and food options are nice and the location is terrific - it all felt very magickal. but if we ever go back, I'll probably spring for the Grand Californian ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Californian is my all time favorite.

The Disneyland Hotel is quite a good second choice, now that the renovations are complete.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I would also suggest the Grand Californian. However, you'd have to request a room with a daybed and they are limited. I'd book as soon as you have decided on a resort.

Happy Planning.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

It might be worth mentioning too, that at the Grand Californian, an acceptable form of "bedding" for the fifth person is a sleeping bag. Seriously.

I have never heard of a family of 5 NOT getting a room with a daybed, though, so I'd not worry too much about it. When they added the new wing, it increased the overall amount of rooms, and so now they hold the daybed rooms for families with 5 occupants.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I have never heard of a family of 5 NOT getting a room with a daybed, though, so I'd not worry too much about it.
    We did NOT. That is why I mentioned it. I was using DVC points (this was before the villas were built) and the CMs had NO idea what to do as once you commit to points in DL via WDW DVC you must use them there.

So - it was not an easy remedy and they were clueless. It took several phone calls to DVC and 2 managers to sort it all out -- because we did not want a sleeping bag.

Nonetheless it is a wonderful resort and our encounter had nothing to do with the accommodations.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: