Quantcast What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why?

Ours would be Trails End Buffet - we discovered we didn't care for most of the food served, and it was a nightmare to get there. (took the boats, but it was on a Hoop-Dee-Doo night so we were very late.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef. We've only been there once, in 2001, and it was bad enough to convince my husband to never go back again. It was a complete nightmare experience from start to finish, and complaining to management didn't get us anywhere, not one apology. We waited an hour to sit. Husband's steak was not cooked (not even rare- I love rare and I couldn't have eaten it, the outside was still red). I didn't want to eat mine until he had his, but the server refused to hold my food or keep it warm. His steak came back an hour later. They served my kids the completely wrong orders and acted like it was our fault. Our entire meal took three hours (so four hours for the whole experience), and it was our arrival night. We were exhausted and fed up with the place.

I have actually been back for private dining in the Living Seas pavilion, and it was delicious. I tried to convince husband to give Coral Reef another shot, but he will not set foot in the place (and I can't really blame him). Our worst meal ever.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

For me it would be the princess breakfast at the Norway Pavilion. My friend used to rave about it to me all the time, and how she would never miss it on a trip to the world. So, finally one year, I decided to try it. Never again! It was VERY overpriced (which I understand you get a photo with it, and eating with the Princesses) but the food was NOT good. I could get better breakfast food at the all stars food courts! So that's mine!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

1900 Park Fair for dinner. It was just awful and I don't wish to ever try it again.

There aren't many places I wouldn't give at least a second chance. We didn't really love Le Cellier the first time we ate there, but due to rave reviews we tried it again. It was OK, but nothing special in our opinion. I'd rather leave spots open for those who really love it than to try it again. I also didn't care for Boma on our first try, but I'd definitely like to try it again. Maybe it was an off night. However, 1900 Park Fair was so awful that I don't ever need to try again. It's one of the only places anywhere, not just Disney, that I won't give a second chance.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Akershus!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

TS- Marakesh-slimy lamb just not good
    CS-ABC Commisary-we threw it away it was so nasty

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

The Wave. Everything was simply disappointing. It wasn't terrible, just unexceptional in every way. There are too many good restaurants to enjoy to waste time at The Wave.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

For us I would guess it would be Boma or 50's Prime Time. AKL is very nice, just didn't really like the food. Have been to 50's twice and while the atmosphere was really neat and reminded me of being at my grandparent's house when I was a kid, I was not impressed with the food either time. So these two are the ones on our list that are marked...been there...done that...other places we would like to try.
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Since I only get one, I'll go with the Polynesian.

Nothing there was worth the trip,, Ohana's and the Luau included...

Someone stole my Coral Reef answer, so I'll stick with the above.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to ditto ABC Commissary. It took forever to get our order after we placed it. The food wasn't great and my mom's hamburger was cold - not 'had been sitting there too lon'g cold - 'never heated up after it came out of the fridge' cold.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I have to ditto ABC Commissary. It took forever to get our order after we placed it. The food wasn't great and my mom's hamburger was cold - not 'had been sitting there too lon'g cold - 'never heated up after it came out of the fridge' cold.
    Sounds to me like the ABC Commissary was true to the true ABC Commissary. At least when I ate there.

Disneyland Anaheim JUL66
    Cocoa Beach Hilton SEP86
    [just passing through] OCT94
    Coronado Springs JAN03, DEC06
    Caribbean Beach FEB05
    Disney Magic DEC06
    Fort Wilderness AUG08, AUG09
    Port Orleans French Quarter AUG11
    ???????????????????? XXX14

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Grill. It's been about 10 years since we ate there, the food was horrible. The food just sat in my stomach all day.

I'm sure they've changed the menu, but I'm just not going back.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

The Brown Derby

After waiting forever and a day to get in (even with an ADR) the service was terrible. Dinner selections were disgusting, food was cold, overall terrible experience!!!! We will never go back.

With so many outstanding choices at WDW, don't waste your time or money at this place!
    Off Property 4/87
    YC 7/1997
    YC 7/1998
    YC 8/2000
    YC 5/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have to be Capn Jacks... Food was cold,and not that great... my son wanted an extra corn on the cob, when he got it and I started to take the corn off the cob, it was still frozen... Service was bad...and then she had the nerve to grat us, we proptly removed the tip. We tip for good service and good food...this place was lacking on both accounts
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Boma
    I love going to AKL. I even like the experience of the Boma. But I just do not like the food. My family loves it and for the last 3 years wanted to go. Every time I say well, ok, maybe I will find something I like this year. Nope! I leave starving everytime because I dislike everything I try! Last year half of the family were not as crazy about it as usual. I told them they are finally seeing what I've been seeing. Love the AKL experience but Im not waisting another evening at the Boma unless my family forces me. And actually my sis in law said she wanted to go back next trip and I told her that she is welcome to but we will eat somewhere else.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    1900 Park Fair for dinner. It was just awful and I don't wish to ever try it again.

There aren't many places I wouldn't give at least a second chance. We didn't really love Le Cellier the first time we ate there, but due to rave reviews we tried it again. It was OK, but nothing special in our opinion. I'd rather leave spots open for those who really love it than to try it again. I also didn't care for Boma on our first try, but I'd definitely like to try it again. Maybe it was an off night. However, 1900 Park Fair was so awful that I don't ever need to try again. It's one of the only places anywhere, not just Disney, that I won't give a second chance.
    I think alot of our problem is we are too used to the food in our area gotta bring the life support..aka Tony's lol
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote against Capt'n Jacks.

Unfortunately I have eatten there more times than I would like to state.. I thought I would give it another chance.

When ever someone asks about it I steer them to another restuarant..

To sum it up...Super YUCK!!!!!
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Rainforest Cafe. It was loud, over priced, the server had a bad attitude, and I got food poisoning. Never, ever again

Post Thanks / Like

Cape May. I know, I know, most people love it, but I had my worst Disney experience ever at this restaurant. First they sat us at a table that was impossible to get to/from at a buffet. We were moved, food was mediocre, then they charged my debit card twice for the meal. I asked them for a copy of the credit and they told me it could not be credited at that time. They eventually gave me a copy of a receipt that they said was my credit so I would leave. Upon leaving the restaurant, I looked at the receipt, and it was for a different amount, was not a credit, and was for another table. Manager of the restaurant was no help, but the manager of the resort was, and I was promptly credited for everything (although being a debit card it took a few days). It was awful, so very un-Disney. There was no joy in Mudville that day.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second Rain Forest cafe. At least for us, the food was fine, but it was just too loud and obnoxious and my DS (3 years old at the time) was terrified of the moving animals.

I've read through the posts, and some places on peoples "bad lists" really surprise me. I've been to the Brown Derby... eh... 5 or so times and only had wonderful food and service. It's one of our favorite places. I've had plenty of meals at The Wave and 50's Primetime--I wouldn't rave about either, but I'm fine going there.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: