Quantcast March Spring Break Crowds at Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default March Spring Break Crowds at Parks

Wondering how the spring break crowds are going to be for the week of March 26. We never visit in March but due to other travel and our annual passes running out have planned this trip and wondering if it was a mistake. Looked up College Spring Breaks before booking and it looked like most were the week of 3/12 and 3/19 but I am seeing from other posters that the crowds (and park times show this too) are heavy. Ugh. What other spring breaks are going on besides colleges, is this southern states as most Northeast colleges were the week of 3/12. Please advise, thanks!
    Or do you still wait for me dream giver? Just around the river bend....

Poly 2x a year from Oct 95' - Apr. 04', N/05', M/10.
    Boardwalk: J/05', M/05', O/06', A/07', O/07, M/08, 1O/08, 5/11
    Y&B: N/09'
    Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I shouldn't inquire about who is on spring break but just how the crowds are this week and next? I know March is traditionally busy but Northeast schools are in session over the next two weeks. Let us know how your visits have been this month, thanks!

Special events: Poly/Oct 94'/Honeymoon; Poly/Jan 00'/Millenium; Poly/Nov 05'/Vow Renewal.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you I just got back and it was very crowded. The lines were very long for everything. We did Animal Kingdom and it was crowded for that park. The Magic Kingdom is always crowded. I think we had the best luck in Hollywood Studios. it seemed like that park had the least crowds. It was almost like summer crowds and weather too. Very hot during the day. I would suggest making a plan of what you really want to see and do. as the day got later it seemed better (crowds), so we hung out and hit the parks later in the day. Let all the early birds get in and out ..lol..

Have a great time regardless

Just dress comfortable and wear sunscreen

P.S. Even the ghiradelli line was out of the store (at night) almost to the seating area across the way in Downtown Dinsey..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the crowds are like now - we will be there the same time you are Here's hoping we will get lucky and it won't be super packed
    Dec 1993 - FW
    Feb 2007 - FW & ASMus
    Jan 2008 - WL
    Dec 2009 - POFQ
    Oct 2010 - ASMov
    Aug 2011 - Wyndham Resort
    Mar 2012 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking from past experience fairly to very crowded. It will not matter where you go, there will be lots and lots of people.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    I can tell you I just got back and it was very crowded. The lines were very long for everything. We did Animal Kingdom and it was crowded for that park. The Magic Kingdom is always crowded. I think we had the best luck in Hollywood Studios. it seemed like that park had the least crowds. It was almost like summer crowds and weather too. Very hot during the day. I would suggest making a plan of what you really want to see and do. as the day got later it seemed better (crowds), so we hung out and hit the parks later in the day. Let all the early birds get in and out ..lol..

Have a great time regardless

Just dress comfortable and wear sunscreen

P.S. Even the ghiradelli line was out of the store (at night) almost to the seating area across the way in Downtown Dinsey..
    What she said We were just there the 11th through the 15th and it was super crowded. Hour plus waits for most things. FP's were for hours and hours later or out.

Seriously I used to be able to leave just before the fireworks and at least drudge myself through Main Street in MK, but it was wall to wall people and you could barely move. Plus they made an exit "behind the scenes" of Main Street to let people out. But it was TORTURE just getting over there.

Though we had a good vacation, both DH and I said next year we'll go at the end of Jan/early Feb and just take some days off work to avoid the budding spring break crowds. And our passes don't even black out until March 31st. It was crazy.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back. Had a great time! Crowds we heavy, but no where near as bad as we expected. Weather was nice and breezy. We would get to the parks early and ride (or have FP already ) for most of the major rides before the crowds arrived. In the afternoon the wait times for major rides at MK were 2hours. We would leave and hang out in the pool, then go back in the evening. Have fun!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Seriously I used to be able to leave just before the fireworks and at least drudge myself through Main Street in MK, but it was wall to wall people and you could barely move. Plus they made an exit "behind the scenes" of Main Street to let people out. But it was TORTURE just getting over there.

Haha! We left MK right as MSEP was finishing on main street. (we were coming from JC). I though it was the SMOOTHEST exit I have ever had from the parks!!!! What day were you at MK? We were there Fri.
    I have done the behind the scence exit before. Yeah, that is not fun.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Chicago Suburbs, our spring break is next week the 26th to the 30th. With Easter in early April, everyone has a different week off. (Unusual for Chicago area schools) Most of CPS are off this same week.
    We will be there the 28th to 31st. I hope the crowds aren't crazy busy. No way to know for sure? Park Hours are not extended very late, same with EMH. I find these to be 2 indicators that the crowds won't be that bad.
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

NW Chicago suburbs here and ours in next week as well. We went down this same week 3 years ago and it was not too bad. We were there over Veterans Day/Jersey week last November and THAT was crowded to us. We felt we couldnt and didnt get any of our favorite things done. Im not worried about next week at all.
    Mary Beth
    12 time since 1992 - recaptured the Magic in 2005 and yearly or more since then.
    Next up: Fall 2015?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Haha! We left MK right as MSEP was finishing on main street. (we were coming from JC). I though it was the SMOOTHEST exit I have ever had from the parks!!!! What day were you at MK? We were there Fri.
    I have done the behind the scence exit before. Yeah, that is not fun.
    We were there on Monday the 12th. Someone in the crowd yelled "Good Luck, we tried too" as we were trying to get through.

I honestly didn't realize it was that way or I would have gone around the park through Tomorrow Land to exit. My son has SPD and anxiety [he's 5] and he was in the stroller wigging out, having an anxiety attack with people right there in his face and so close. Fun times!

But I will admit, it was cool to see "behind the scenes" at the same time!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually try and stay away during the spring breaks but broke our own rule last week for the flower and garden show. It was crowded! And we are venturing over again on the 31st to go to AK with friends.
    I cant wait for May, it is usually quieter then. Of course, when is Disney not busy?
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback. At least when I am waiting in line, I will be waiting with cool people - love Chicagoians! Upstate NY born and bred here .

We also broke our own rule due to annual passes running out and a couple of events for DH. Used to always go in Oct, then that got to crowded. Moved to early Nov. now that got crowded and so the last two years we went the last weekend of the Flowerfest in May. So we had Fr, Sat, Sun with Flowerfest and then the following week - great time to go, no crowds at all! Oh well, we will still have fun as we are pros and my DD will be so happy that we get to spend alot of time at the pool, my mantra," We can swim at home, let's hit the parks!"

We are now in Boston and school aged kids had off 2/20 and college kids had off 3/10. Guess you are right with Easter so early, everything is askew.

Thanks again and see you real soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, too, I should add that while the majority says it is going to be busy, I had no problem making my ADR - even got times that I wanted. Only places I couldn't get into were King Stefan's (hee hee), I mean Cinderella's Royal Table and California Grill. I was even able to get into Le Cellier.....haven't been able to do that on the past three trips. All very interesting.

This is flight safety: 36 hours till lift off !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: