Quantcast NYC - Getting to the WTC Memorial Site from Port Authority bus station. Help! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Tia, I just had to chuckle when I read your comment about the NY library. I am a reader, & my DS's too somewhat, so of course I'm really looking forward to seeing the library! I'm thinking "Sex In The City Wedding" lol, but my DH can't understand why I want to go there!

I too, started looking at visiting NY years ago & we didn't make it, probably a year that we went back to WDW instead, so I already had some info. But now I've got soo many notes, I find that I'm going to have to streamline them by day/area that we'll be touring each day just to make them portable!

I hope you find a great place to stay in Times Square, I know it's alot of time just trying to look at all of your choices.

It definitely sounds like you're doing your homework too, any tips for me? Are you planning to ride the busses or take cabs or just subway? I'm finding the bus situation sounds like it's more time consuming & I'm a little more unsure of it. I've had way better luck planning our touring around walking & taking the subway. I'd love to hear what your plans are!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are so welcome for the laugh. I think for our transportation for the most part, since we will be in mid-town we are going to look into the hop on/hop off busses. We did that when we went to DC and it was good in getting us around. Better than the subways for us, since it was only me and DD then.

And speaking of libraries, I just got back from our public library with a couple books about none other than NYC travel. They both are dated 2012, so the info should be reliable. And one of them has a map, so I will be making a copy of that. But since I have the day off from work, I will be going through them. I am coming closer to deciding where we will stay, because I want to book maybe by the end of th week.

But if there is something in these books for you, I will gladly pass it on.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Originally I had also gotten books from the blibrary, the library is one of my favorite places! But I decided that I NEEDED these books for my very own, so I bought a couple of used books, uh hum, idk, if I can mention the site so I won't. But I was lucky enough that both books came with the original maps! So one of the things that I did was to buy a bigger "bag" to carry around so that I can be the pack mule, toting the itenerary, notes, maps, camera, etc. I read that some of the places we're planning to visit backpacks aren't allowed! And I know my cute D & B, WDW hipster bag just isn't going to be able to hold all that we'll need for a day in NYC! But if you see something in your books that we've not touched on, please give a shout out or send me a pm! There are just so many choices there! WOW!

We just changed our plans from going to the observation deck in the Empire State Bldg to the one at Top of The Rock at Rockefeller Ctr. I'd done some comparisons & based on that & feedback here, sounds like a way better choice for us. So if you come across something cool - I'm all ears!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: