Quantcast Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

My wife and I are WDW veterans, but she has not been to DL for a long, long time. I was fortunate to have some business in LA several times last year, so I spent plenty of time at DL. I like Space Mountain at DL MUCH better than at WDW. Not only the seating and the smoothness of the ride, but the special effects -- the various lighting effects and the music/sound effects in the ride vehicle.

We are going to DL October 23 - 27. Does anyone know whether Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy operates full-time throughout October, or does it only run during the Halloween party, with the "regular" version of Space Mountain running during non-party hours? While I am sure that the Ghost Galaxy version is cool, I am really hoping that my wife will have the opportunity to experience the "regular" version of Space Mountain at DL.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Once Ghost Galaxy is installed, it will run throughout the season, not just during the party.

I also prefer Disneyland's version of Space Mountain over WDW's. After my last trip to the Magic Kingdom in Florida, I decided I will never ride Florida's version again until it gets rebuilt.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear other people state the obvious. Was at WDW in Dec and my sister who loves SM at DL could not ride SM at WDW. She has a bad knee and could not do it. Going to DL in May and can't wait to fly through space in comfort! HaHa! But then Splash Mt at WDW is more comfy than DL! Don't even get me started on POTC! What were they thinking at WDW? Better stop before I hurt someones feelings!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    Once Ghost Galaxy is installed, it will run throughout the season, not just during the party.
    Thanks for the information. I assume, then, that the same applies to the Haunted Mansion overlay? Or is the Haunted Mansion overlay only a Xmas overlay that won't be up until after October? I seem to recall that there is a Jack Skellington overlay that starts as early as October. If so, based on the previous post about Ghost Galaxy, it seems that a Haunted Mansion overlay also would run at all times, not just during the party. If anyone can confirm, that would be great!
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

The Haunted Mansion Holiday version is up around mid Sept and runs through the holidays. It usually closes to return to it's regular version the first week of January, the same time all the Christmas decorations are taken down.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

They do not take down the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay during the day. You'll be able to see it not at the party as well.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: