Quantcast Fast Pass Etiquette

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Fast Pass Etiquette

My DH, DS 4y, and I will be at WDW in 22 days...not that I'm counting . We are formulating a touring plan now. We had planned on one of us going to get fast passes for an attraction while the other waits in line with DS for another attraction. How will the people in line with us feel when the one that went for fast passes "cuts in line?" Will they be angry or understanding? I don't want to tick anyone off.

Thanks for the advice!
    Off Property 4/87
    YC 7/1997
    YC 7/1998
    YC 8/2000
    YC 5/2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll see people on both sides of this one. I generally don't mind if it's only one person (I do get upset when it's a whole group), but there will be people who will see it as line cutting. Your best bet would be to try an pick up FPs for a ride that is on the way to another one whenever you can - that way you can stay together.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I would be thrilled with it. I think the general consensus is that groups should wait until all members of their party are ready to enter a line before going in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think it would bother me for one person to do that, but it's certainly not widely accepted. Personally I think it's easier to stick together anyway. Usually we walk together to the attraction and then one of us hangs back with the kids and the other gets the passes so we don't have to deal with the congestion at the fast pass distribution area. It really only takes a minute so splitting up seems counter productive.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoreFan View Post
    My DH, DS 4y, and I will be at WDW in 22 days...not that I'm counting . We are formulating a touring plan now. We had planned on one of us going to get fast passes for an attraction while the other waits in line with DS for another attraction. How will the people in line with us feel when the one that went for fast passes "cuts in line?" Will they be angry or understanding? I don't want to tick anyone off.

Thanks for the advice!
    I'm not really a fan of one or two people holding a place in line for others, the only time I'm really ok with it is when a little has to go to the bathroom RIGHT NOW, and an adult has to get out of line to take the child. In cases like that, its totally understandable to let that person and child out of line while another adult stays in line and holds their spot.

My wife and I were inline to wait for Toy Story, there was an older gentleman in line in front of us, sure enough 30-45 mins after we had been waiting his entire family of 6 came and got in line with him. We were NOT happy about that.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ok with spouse or such, but hate when its one person waiting then the whole group. Rides where the late person isn't having to go through a ton of people is best.

Generally, I stop and get fast passes while DW and DD go onto the ride we are riding next. I am usually no more than a min or two behind them and can get to them without bother too many.

But most of the time, the three of us stick together.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

We never line jump, even two or three people up from the end of the line...we just wait until we're all together and go in.

Our first trip to WDW my DH would run to other parts of the park to get FPs while DD and I sat and waited for him...he said it was quicker.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't mind all that much, but think about it this way: What if there were 20 different parties in line in front of you, and each one had someone out getting FPs and then joining their party in line? After the fifth or sixth time letting someone through, it would get annoying.

My general rule of thumb is to be polite and considerate of others, and that usually means waiting 'til we're all together.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be happy and would consider it line cutting. Just being honest
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We get the next fast pass before entering the line. It's just easier that way. I know there are more times than not that I don't hear the person behind me saying excuse me to get through. They should have stuck together too I think...

Post Thanks / Like

We do a hybrid of these ideas. We send DH to get FP, while we make our way to the next ride (go potty, look at duckies, etc). However, we wait at the end and do not get in line until he arrives. It still saves time, without line breaking. It's amazing how much faster a single person can navigate a crowd without family in tow!
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said we usually send one person to grab a fast pass and then all meet up right outside the entrance and all get in line together.
    Lauren

AKL ('04)
    BLT ('11)
    CBR ('09, '15)
    CSR ('03, '11, '16)
    POFQ ('06, '14)
    POLY ('12 - Honeymoon)
    WL ('05, '08, '13)
    BWI ('15)
    Disney Cruise ('15)
    Disneyland Hotel ('08, '14)

Next Up: Beach Club- Oct 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a thumbs down. Especially if you're doing this multiple times a day, everyday. If you do it that way, expect trouble. You can't roll the dice over and over and expect people to keep calm. Eventually it will cause some rude comments, yelling, and maybe even a confrontation. There's no telling what the Florida heat can do to a person's mood toward line jumpers.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

It is not right. Say every 5 families in line do this at TT or TSM, and there is 50 families inline. That would be 10 people cutting inline, and that is if only one person cuts. At TSM that would be a total of 3 cars filled.

We have always went together, even to get the FP. I am at WDW to have a vacation and not get in a hurry.
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of your replies! Great advice.
    Off Property 4/87
    YC 7/1997
    YC 7/1998
    YC 8/2000
    YC 5/2012

Post Thanks / Like

What we do, i send the fastest person (her) to run and get the fast pass, while I walk my slow self to the ride. She's generally fast enough to run and get the pass and meet me at the entrance of the next ride, and we wait together.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps, to optimize your time, one adult could run for fastpasses while the other takes the kids to get a snack or do a round of bathroom breaks. Then all can proceed on to the next ride.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Ian made a good point once about people moving ahead of you to join part of their group - it's going to have a negligible impact on your wait time, since quite often it's a group-unit that is going to be sharing the same ride vehicle anyway. And even if that group gets spread out over, let's say, two ride vehicles, that may delay your getting on to the ride by, what....15 seconds to one minute, depending on the ride?

Even given that, I'm less enthused about people doing it as a planned strategy than on an as-needed basis. But you're very unlikely to be outed as a family that is doing this over and over.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest...I would not recommend it. I have seen some people get very verbal with others attempting this and it made it uncomfortable for us (who were not even involved). I think that your little 4 year old may get scared, embarrased, confused at someone who gets loud or verbal toward you for attempting this (even tho as many have mentioned, it would not bother me either way especially not knowing what the circumstances were that you were split up in the first place). I would be more concerned with my son or daughters fragile feelings than I would be about someone getting lippy, but I don't think I would wager my child's hurt feelings or being scared just to save a few minutes of waiting in line.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until FP fetcher returns, then get in line.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: