Quantcast Starbucks coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough about the coffee-----

What will happen to all the goodies that we love from the Main St Bakery during the 6 mo closure?
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if the plans were already known as the outside of the Bakery was under scrim for the majority of the year? It looks great, but like already mentioned, the change to the outside will be minimal based on DCA.

I'm going to hold off judgement until its complete, but I still wish they'd placed it at the always "looking for an identity" Tomorrowland Terrace. That's a great, tucked back location with plenty of seating. Regardless of current selection, the Bakery is always busy.

I'm fine with the Epcot location. Anything to spice up Future World.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilcat View Post
    I don't drink coffee so the idea of Starbucks does not really matter to me. As others have said there are other 'name brands' located on property so getting a new one is just another step forward or a change in direction which ever your prefer. My biggest dissapointment is that the Main Street Bakery is closing. I think a lot of folks are missing that and only focusing on Starbucks. There will be no more going to the 'Bakery' first thing and getting a really great cinnamon roll. No more fruit or breakfast sandwhiches to choose from. I think this is where the real dissapointment lies. Will Disney put these items in another location? This was always a tradition for me. A great way to start my day in the Magic Kingdom, so yes I am let down that Disney is changing a great standard with maybe something less.
    Talking with a friend last night and we both realized that the snacks available at the Bakery have been spread around the park and are now available in other locations... The cinnamon roll is now also available at Gaston's Tavern... A few of the other Bakery items are sold elsewhere too...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see the frozen Latte being offered anywhere, nor the iconic Tollhouse ice cream sandwich. These, I'm sure, will be gone for good.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Wonder if the plans were already known as the outside of the Bakery was under scrim for the majority of the year? It looks great, but like already mentioned, the change to the outside will be minimal based on DCA.

I'm going to hold off judgement until its complete, but I still wish they'd placed it at the always "looking for an identity" Tomorrowland Terrace. That's a great, tucked back location with plenty of seating. Regardless of current selection, the Bakery is always busy.

Starbucks has always stated they are in the real estate business first and foremost. And THE prime real estate in WDW is.....

It has becoming increasing clear Disney truly does not care about it's 'guests' and I go between feeling saddened and disgusted.

Think it's time to plan a different sort of 25th Anniversary celebration....
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

I'm sure Starbucks had some negotiating room as to the store placement. In the real, non-WDW world, location for the stores is key. I don't think they would have been too keen about a "tucked back" location, even one in the Magic Kingdom.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I'm sure Starbucks had some negotiating room as to the store placement. In the real, non-WDW world, location for the stores is key. I don't think they would have been too keen about a "tucked back" location, even one in the Magic Kingdom.
    I see what you're saying for sure, just meant that It being 'tucked away' would alleviate the certain crowds that will pour onto Main Street. But no doubt, although there is plenty of traffic that cuts through to Tomorrowland via the Tomorrowland Terrace, EVERYONE has to pass by the Bakery. I get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a wonderful fruit salad and my husband had a delicious cinnamon bun at DCA Starbucks..... I really don't think the pastries are going anywhere. They might be a little different, who can say, but I'm sure there will still be bakery offerings. Of course I could be totally wrong but just based off DCA I think it is going to be ok.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    Can't see the frozen Latte being offered anywhere, nor the iconic Tollhouse ice cream sandwich. These, I'm sure, will be gone for good.
    They were serving the ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in August.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    And to add my own two cents. A) I don't like Starbucks B) to replace Main Street bakery just annoys me, but I'm sure that's also because I hate Starbucks lol. So that's only my own personal two cents.

What does everyone else think?
    I totally agree. For my taste, Starbucks coffee is water boiled with fried swamp mud. I have tried their coffee at several locations, and they all taste the same...LOUSY!!
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    I totally agree. For my taste, Starbucks coffee is water boiled with fried swamp mud. I have tried their coffee at several locations, and they all taste the same...LOUSY!!
    Burnt mud like I like to say
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

So we all pretty much despised the Nescafe coffee, and now that an alternative will soon be in place, we all hate that before it even opens.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    So we all pretty much despised the Nescafe coffee, and now that an alternative will soon be in place, we all hate that before it even opens.
    Nope... I hated Starbucks coffee the first time I tasted that, as Tink put it, burnt mud....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Nope... I hated Starbucks coffee the first time I tasted that, as Tink put it, burnt mud....
    So what brand coffee do you like?
    Stands to reason that Disney should go with the most popular store brand coffee.

Folgers: $419.0 million in sales. Folgers is by far the largest selling coffee brand with a market share of 21.60 percent. Maybe Folgers coffee really is the best part of waking up.

Maxwell House: $283.7 million in sales. The second largest coffee brand, with a market share of 14.62 percent, Maxwell House was first created in 1892 at a Nashville, Tennessee hotel, the Maxwell House Hotel.

Starbucks: $189.2 million in sales. Although Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, it’s the third largest overall coffee brand in the U.S. with a 9.75 percent market share.

Since there are no Folgers stores... um, no Maxwell House store... er...

There you go...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bass T-bone View Post
    So what brand coffee do you like?
    Stands to reason that Disney should go with the most popular store brand coffee.

Folgers: $419.0 million in sales. Folgers is by far the largest selling coffee brand with a market share of 21.60 percent. Maybe Folgers coffee really is the best part of waking up.

Maxwell House: $283.7 million in sales. The second largest coffee brand, with a market share of 14.62 percent, Maxwell House was first created in 1892 at a Nashville, Tennessee hotel, the Maxwell House Hotel.

Starbucks: $189.2 million in sales. Although Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, it’s the third largest overall coffee brand in the U.S. with a 9.75 percent market share.

Since there are no Folgers stores... um, no Maxwell House store... er...

There you go...
    Not sure what my favorite brand of coffee is has to do with Disney using Starbucks... But I guess I will play along... I said in a post or two here I am not a coffee drinker so I don't have a favorite brand... I don't drink coffee at home nor when I dine out... And the only time I ever had coffee at WDW was in Kona Cafe, and that coffee can put hair on your chest...

But, read my other posts... I have no problems with Starbucks being sold in WDW... None what so ever... I know it is popular... I just don't like the coffee itself... Selling Starbucks in WDW doesn't affect me one way or the other...

Honestly, while I also do not like the idea of losing the Bakery to Starbucks, there are more pressing issues at WDW that we need to focus our attention on and demand for a better product... The brand of coffee being sold and the location being sold at isn't one of those issues... A broken Splash Mountain, a broken yeti, effects not working on attractions... those are the issues we should complain about...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    A broken Splash Mountain, a broken yeti, effects not working on attractions... those are the issues we should complain about...
    Indeed!

I totally concur...

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't Starbucks just run the coffee part of it and let Disney run the baked goods part of it? I wouldn't mind so much if they installed a Starbucks coffee counter inside the bakery, but the thought of losing all the goodies that WDW makes is sad.

I had a cinnamon roll at Gaston's and it was fairly bad. Very dry, hardly any icing. NOT like the ones at the Main Street bakery at all.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see and issue with serving Starbucks in the parks in a fashion that features their coffee in an already existing location like the Main Street Bakery. It seems wrong to modify a location, theme and uniforms to cater to a corporation in a theme park that I pay admission to attend. That is a key difference here I think. If it were DTD I wouldn't be as up in arms about this. That area is free to the public and obviously set up as a name brand retail area or the Disney mall as I refer to it. Am I sad that one of my favorite spots with some of my favorite treats is going away, and now I have to hunt some of them down in other areas if what some of you say is true and they are out there somewhere? Yes. Am I upset that I will be there in May and my go to spot for a sweet late night snack is shuttered temporarily? Yes. Am I nervous about what will be there when I return in September? Who isn’t? The thing that scares me though is where this could be headed. Why not just replace all those retail locations with corporate presences unique with their own branded themes? Then when you enter MK it will have the familiarity of your local strip mall complete with all of your favorites. I can’t wait to see the Disney version of Culver’s, Subway, and maybe even B&L for the Wally fans out there. "Directive?" "To brainwash me into thinking I can't go a week without a Starbucks coffee."
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Post Thanks / Like

1) I don't drink coffee - hate the stuff!
    2) I do like the iced chai latte at Starbucks and have had very good bakery items there.
    3) I fell Starbucks is way over priced but when you're used to Disney pricing anyway, Starbucks in this location the pricing won't seem so out of line to me.
    4) All that said I'm pretty much furious that they are going to close the Main Street Bakery. There are certain bakery goods that only they carry and I look forward every trip to indulging myself there. Bad move Disney. Maybe they could move the bakery to the Tomorrowland Terrace area and call it The Around The Corner Bakery.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a starbucks fan, so the coffee issue is not an issue for me. With that being said, this is wrong, wrong, wrong. I do not want a commercialized main st bakery. I also did not macdonalds on property. If they want to diversify, let them come to downtown disney. Period. There is another thread on the board about where you do not want to see disney. This is the same idea.

I am feeling rather like Charlie Brown discovering the commercialization of Christmas.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: