Quantcast Carthay Circle Restaurant

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carthay Circle Restaurant

Will this restaurant also open on June 15 with the rest of Cars Land? Do you know if they are accepting reservations or when they will begin to?
    Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It will certainly be open on June 15th. I read the walls may come down before the rest of Cars Land and Buena Vista street. I don't know if any announcement has been made on when reservations will be accepted.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green ranger View Post
    Will this restaurant also open on June 15 with the rest of Cars Land? Do you know if they are accepting reservations or when they will begin to?
    Thanks!
    Disney posted this today.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks Blog View Post

Reservations Open Today for Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 10th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

The exciting new Carthay Circle Restaurant opens Friday, June 15, at Disney California Adventure park, with reservations open beginning today.

Recalling the grandeur of the original Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles, where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937, the Spanish Colonia Revival-style restaurant is a warm setting to showcase contemporary Southern California cuisine – seasonal, artisanal ingredients; locally sourced produce, seafood and meats; hand-crafted cocktails, and California craft beers and wines.

Award-winning Executive Chef Andrew Sutton of Napa Rose brings his second concept to the Disneyland Resort, this time focusing on seasonal products and the diverse flavors found in Southern California. His protégé, Gloria Tae, also from Napa Rose, will be at the helm of the kitchen, while Chef Andrew will split his time as executive chef between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle Restaurant. “The culinary team is a group of true artists with passion and confidence for creating delicious food,” says Sutton.

Crispy Firecracker Duck Wings Finished with Soy, Lime and Sriracha Chili Sauce at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park Angus Flank Steak Cobb salad with Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, Bacon, Avocado and Arugula with Cabernet Essence at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park

Southern California’s cultural diversity is the foundation for the global flavors. For lunch, there are delectable tastes such as crispy firecracker duck wings finished with soy, lime and Sriracha chili sauce; sautéed northern halibut with roasted red bell pepper, caperberry and orange relish; and Angus flank steak cobb salad with Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, bacon, avocado and arugula with Cabernet essence. Grilled Jamaican Jerked Kingfish with a Tropical Salsa of Pineapple, Mango, Black Beans and Lime at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park

The dinner menu showcases entrées like Colorado rack of lamb with fried zucchini blossoms, fennel puree and summer succotash; grilled Jamaican jerked kingfish with a tropical salsa of pineapple, mango, black beans and lime; and strawberry-lemon roasted organic chicken salad with jicama, haricot verts, upland cress (greens) and buttermilk-lemon vinaigrette. Fried Banana Split Monte Cristo Sundae at Carthay Circle Restaurant in Disney California Adventure Park

You’ll want to save room for seasonal desserts, including toasted lemon pound cake with fresh marinated blueberries, lemon curd cream and Tahitian vanilla chantilly, and “Peaches In All Their Glory” with peach and white chocolate cannolis with fresh grilled peaches and peach sorbet. (But we think the best-seller just might be the fried banana split Monte Cristo sundae with raspberry and chocolate fudge ice creams, toffee nuts and warm caramel rum bananas.)

The 256-seat restaurant (200 inside, 56 on a terrace) on the second floor of the building is open daily for lunch and dinner. Diners at Carthay Circle Restaurant can also enjoy reserved center stage viewing at the World of Color nighttime spectacular. To request reservations, call 714-781-DINE, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., or email reservation requests to [email protected].
    There are food photos on the Disney Parks Blog website.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Halibut ceviche - YUM!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Lobster pad thai imperial roll
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry but I just don't understand having this type of cuisine here. It is like it is Napa Rose part II. If that is what guests want, then why not go to Napa Rose?

I was all excited about this restaurant until I saw the menu. Admittedly I am a finicky eater, but shouldn't there be something for everybody?

After seeing the choices, I am much more amped for Flo's or Cozy Cones.

Can't wait for the 15th of June!

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

Default CCT Menu

The menu looks really good. Pricey, but good. I will give it a try, at least once.

Here is the menu. Not the greatest pics, but it gives you an idea of what is available.

http://www.photobucket.com/cctmenu
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been meaning to give a review of this restaurant and I keep forgetting -- but here we go.

I ate here opening weekend with a group of friends -- granted it was ON the 1st Saturday -- opening weekend. BUT, that being said, we had 5 people -- the bill was about $325 -- not cheap. Service was really bad -- even allowing for opening weekend -- we ate really early for the dinner "rush" many many many empty tables, but service was SO slow -- and of course there were several Disney Brass standing around just watching everyone scramble. Very disappointing -- for as much leeway as you can give a restaurant on opening weekend -- for sure they KNEW it was opening weekend and there had to be some practice runs, right?

The food was OK -- but to be honest if I am spending that much money I want the atmosphere that goes with the price tag. The restaurant ambiance is great -- however WAY resort casual and a $300 price tag for dinner don't go together at all. For that much money I would rather eat at Steakhouse 55.

I really have a feeling the menu will change quickly -- the price tag and food items are WAY over and complicated what a normal family would spend at the park for 1 meal -- consider our bill on'y included 1 adult beverage -- WOW!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Scheduled to have dinner here in a few weeks. Does anyone know about the World of Color dining / viewing area?

I know that eating at the Trattoria and Carthay (and I think Ariel's) gets you access to the premium viewing at World of Color. (as long as you meet certain order requirements)

To those that have done more than one of these options, which was your favorite??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise Pier Pinocchio View Post
    Scheduled to have dinner here in a few weeks. Does anyone know about the World of Color dining / viewing area?

I know that eating at the Trattoria and Carthay (and I think Ariel's) gets you access to the premium viewing at World of Color. (as long as you meet certain order requirements)

To those that have done more than one of these options, which was your favorite??
    We will be doing the Cathay Circle/World of Color package on Sunday, I'll let you know how it is. It does say "reserved center viewing" with the offer.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently heard that heard that the Carthay Circle Restaurant offers a package to see WOC. Then I saw this thread. Can anyone explain a little more about this? How much does it cost? I will have a party of 2, if that helps. I am interested in trying this out for our next trip. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    I recently heard that heard that the Carthay Circle Restaurant offers a package to see WOC. Then I saw this thread. Can anyone explain a little more about this? How much does it cost? I will have a party of 2, if that helps. I am interested in trying this out for our next trip. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    The World of Color dining package at the Carthay Circle Restaurant is not a set price but rather a requirement that - per person - you purchase, at either lunch or dinner, an entree with either an appetizer or a dessert. This will allow you to receive a spot within the center stage viewing area. From my WOC dining experience, this area does not necessarily guarantee a clear view of the show. There is always the human obstruction factor just about anywhere you stand. But you will be guaranteed a spot within that area.

Guests dining before 7:00 p.m. receive access to the first World of Color show of the night. Guests dining between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. receive access to the second World of Color show of the night (when applicable).

For reservations call Disney Dining at 714-781-3463.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

The food and service were wonderful at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. We ate there on Sunday night and really enjoyed it. It quickly may have become my favorite dining location at DLR.

The WoC part of it for me is a negative. Don't care about that show. Saw it for the second and more than likely the last time on Sunday. Visually amazing and the technology is great. There just isn't any reason for the individual scenes to be there. They are all just thrown together.

Last time. Sorry. If Disney had allowed the show to include the elements (sprite or whatever his name was) that tied it all together, then I may be interested again.

The nighttime entertainment crew there could learn a great deal from their neighbor Disneyland. They know how to put on a show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    The World of Color dining package at the Carthay Circle Restaurant is not a set price but rather a requirement that - per person - you purchase, at either lunch or dinner, an entree with either an appetizer or a dessert. This will allow you to receive a spot within the center stage viewing area. From my WOC dining experience, this area does not necessarily guarantee a clear view of the show. There is always the human obstruction factor just about anywhere you stand. But you will be guaranteed a spot within that area.

Guests dining before 7:00 p.m. receive access to the first World of Color show of the night. Guests dining between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. receive access to the second World of Color show of the night (when applicable).

For reservations call Disney Dining at 714-781-3463.
    Thank you for all this very useful information! Is there anything you or anyone else would recommend choosing for those 3 courses of a meal at the Carthay? Anything more mind-blowing than the rest?
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: