Quantcast Woody's All-American Roundup

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woody's All-American Roundup

from the Disney Parks Blog

This summer the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is introducing something new in the form of Woody’s All-American Roundup, a flag-wavin’ patriotic celebration of the Old West!

Sheriff Woody is bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage of the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. You’ll delight at the sight of Jessie’s slingshot tricks and Woody’s skill with a lasso. There will even be plenty of dancin’, strummin’ and singin’, thanks to guitar-playin’ cowboy Buckaroo Bob.

Between Talent Roundup shows, everyone’s favorite Billy Hill and the Hillbillies will take the stage in “Red, White and Bluegrass!” You’ll even have a chance to meet Woody, Jessie and Mickey and Minnie Mouse, dressed in their finest cowboy (and cowgirl) duds!

And that’s not all! Woody’s All-American Roundup will feature Rodeo Games, crafts and activities for the whole family and a selection of merchandise and yummy food.

So mosey on down to Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree for Woody’s All-American Roundup, starting June 14. It’s gonna be loads of rootin’, tootin’ fun!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So, is this at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ stage or at the Golden Horeshoe's stage??
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Its in the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree area...which is behind the petting zoo and Big Thunder BBQ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLandMomma View Post
    Its in the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree area...which is behind the petting zoo and Big Thunder BBQ.
    Never been there! Is that the big tent I see back there? Also, isn't Billy Hill and the Hillbillies preformed on the Golden Horseshoe's stage? Now I am getting Frontierland stages confused!

Post Thanks / Like

The Billies sometimes move to the Big Thunder Ranch area when they have special evants going on there. They usually perform at the Golden Horseshoe though.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    The Billies sometimes move to the Big Thunder Ranch area when they have special evants going on there. They usually perform at the Golden Horseshoe though.
    While on the topic, is the Billy Hill show any good? Of all my trips to DLR, I've never stopped in to catch their show. How does it measure up to the original Golden Horseshoe Revue?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen the Golden Horseshoe Review so I can't compare, but I enjoy Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. I never would have gone in to see it except a few years ago I was awarded a Year of a Million Dreams VIP reserved table there. I really enjoyed it, and while I don't go back every time I visit DL I still go back every few trips.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I've never seen the Golden Horseshoe Review so I can't compare, but I enjoy Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. I never would have gone in to see it except a few years ago I was awarded a Year of a Million Dreams VIP reserved table there. I really enjoyed it, and while I don't go back every time I visit DL I still go back every few trips.
    Is it a dining location too? Kinda like the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ? Where it has food and live entertainment?

Post Thanks / Like

There is a counter service restaurant in the theater. If I'm remembering right it's mostly chicken strips and french fries. I want to say they have ice cream too. There are small(ish) round tables that you can eat at while you watch the show that generally have four chairs around them. I believe there are tables upstairs, too.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    While on the topic, is the Billy Hill show any good? Of all my trips to DLR, I've never stopped in to catch their show. How does it measure up to the original Golden Horseshoe Revue?
    I think they are really good. We saw them at Halloween Time at the Big Thunder Ranch area. Everytime a train came by, they paused and had the audience scream at the train. It was very funny. I really enjoyed their show(s). We saw it a few times

I really think that the original Golden Horseshoe Review is in a class of it's own. Two totally different types of shows. Both enjoyable. The original was a packed show during the limited time magic a few months ago.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Many would put Billy Hill in the don't miss category. It's lots of fun. And not always the same each time. Suggest you get there about a half hour early for shows in the Horseshoe. Not quite so necessary to arrive early at the Jamboree stage.

If you are eating at the Horseshoe it is counter service, as already mentioned. They serve chicken nuggets, fish & chips, chili cheese fries, chili bread bowls, salads, fruit, ice cream sundaes and floats. There may be a few other random items on the menu.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Is this only for the summer or do you think it will continue on from there? We will be visiting Christmas week and this is our first time to DL. I think my kids would really enjoy this.

Post Thanks / Like

Woody's All-American Roundup will probably end with the summer. The Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree area is used for seasonal events. 2012 brought the Halloween Carnival in late September through October and Santa’s Jingle Jangle Jamboree from mid November through early January. I expect this year will be about the same.
    Last edited by tinkwest; 05-19-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: corrected Jolly Holly Jamboree to Jingle Jangle Jamboree
    Linda aka tinkwest

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: