Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
Natile sorry you didn't enjoy your trip. The last time we were there was about 5 years ago and have to say we like Hershey Park and think it's a very clean, enjoyable park. We also enjoy Busch Gardens in Williamsburg (it's a beautiful park) and even have been to the Wonderland Park in Canada, which was fun. I try not to compare the parks because they are totally different animals. Hershey IMO is an amusement park and Disney is a theme park. You go to Hershey or Great Adventure for the rides, not so much for the atmosphere. At least that's what we do.
Good reminder & I think you're quite right. And just to follow up my previous comments, we do enjoy one local amusement park, Holiday World in Santa Claus, It is a really nice, clean park that we visit & thoroghly enjoy every year. They have a fantastic water park, free soft drink & sunscreen & decent attractions! One thing that I have noticed time after time though is that the ride attendants are completely disengaged! They're just there, doing or not doing their jobs. So yes, I agree, I'm sure there are many nice amusement parks out there that offer a great time! And we can't always go to WDW, but I admit, IMHO, I'm very spoiled to all the things that Disney does so right that we take for granted until we're visiting someplace & "feel" the lacking of that complete magical experience. But at the same time, we do enjoy trying new experiences, & you never know if you're going to like something until you try it!