Quantcast Via Napoli - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Via Napoli

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by #1donaldfan View Post
    I think the thread was intending that it's the best pizza at Disney. Which is true !!
    Not just that.... It's some of the best pizza I've ever had.... period.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did enjoy our dinner but I can't say we are planning on visiting again on our next trip. It wasn't our favorite. It was okay. I think it depends on your family and their likes and dislikes. I agree that I would try it and see if it is a good fit for your family. We went expecting fabulous food and were a bit disappointed. We too are used to amazing italian food with Federal Hill and the North End in Boston right in our backyard. Have a great time and I hope you love it!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

no no no
    biggest disappointment..i ate there last yr and the pixxa was the best..this time...the waiter was rushing cause it was 830, tried to suggest a bottle of wine for $29. lemonade was weak, wine i got was ok. pixxa was...not great..burnt on and edge, watery sauce or something, mushrooms looked like a quick toss on, some pieces had some some had none, it wasnt cut through, nothing to serve it with, had to grab plates from another table after he brought it, then he saw and said he was bringing plates...yeah..strike this place from my list
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    That says nothing to me.
    The state of Florida has he worlds worst pizza.
    Tourist food at its worst.
    Yhis is all coming from a NYC bred Italian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    With all due respect to a fellow NYer, I think the opinion of the many people who have actually been to Via Napoli indicates that it's worth a visit. And considering that the restaurant imports their flour and treats their water (two factors that heavily influence the quality of the product), I think it's definitely worth a trip.

I'll be honest: Via Napoli opened after our last visit so we've never been either, however, it's on our list of "places to go." I have eaten at their (older) sister restaurant in NYC: Naples 45. I didn't have pizza but the entree I had was rather good. Never went back because I stopped working in that neck of the woods.
    Sorry, Pete, but Ellen's right on this one. I am also a lifelong New Yorker, and I think Via Napoli is wonderful. Have you tried it? I understand that you may be hesitant -- I know I was -- but I'd wager that Via Napoli would surprise you.

It's not New York pizza. It's Italian Neapolitan style, made with a nice tomato sauce and just enough fresh mozzarella. The food is rather similar to Naples 45.

To me, Via Napoli is more than just the best pizza in Disney -- it's good pizza by any standard.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Default We just had dinner at Via Napoli on Monday...

and it was delicious! My family shared a large prosciutto & artichoke pizza, the special salad, and we had 2 cocktails (Italian Margarita & Bellini). We finished our fabulous meal with the incredible zeppole-the dark chocolate dipping sauce is to die for!

Our bill came to $100 incl tip. We had great service and great food, and we will definitely be back again!

Tess

poly07

poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09
    contemporaryJune10
    wlOctober10
    wlChristmas10
    polyMay11
    wlOctober11
    bcJune12
    dreamThanksgiving12
    bcJune13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of your replies!!! Now I cant wait to try this restaurant for the first time in November!! Knew I could count on all for their honest opinions!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    no no no
    biggest disappointment..i ate there last yr and the pixxa was the best..this time...the waiter was rushing cause it was 830, tried to suggest a bottle of wine for $29. lemonade was weak, wine i got was ok. pixxa was...not great..burnt on and edge, watery sauce or something, mushrooms looked like a quick toss on, some pieces had some some had none, it wasnt cut through, nothing to serve it with, had to grab plates from another table after he brought it, then he saw and said he was bringing plates...yeah..strike this place from my list
    Sooo...you don't believe that this simply could have been a one-off bad experience? Before writing it off entirely, I would at least give it one more go, especially since you said yourself that the first time it was really good.

We've eaten there twice, loved it, and went back last time just for dessert. My wife *loves* their pistacio gelato, and I do really enjoy the Zeppole di Ricotta. We have tried the Margherita pizza and the Prosciutto e Melone pizza. Both were delicious. My only complaint was that the prosciutto was a bit chewy and hard to eat.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

well since both the server and pixxa were not great....if it was one or the other.
    and since there are so many places to eat, Im not going to rush to go back.
    its also noisy due to the ceilings etc.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    its also noisy due to the ceilings etc.
    Interesting... that's one issue I have with their NYC sibling. Wonder if they used the same architects/engineers.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Via Napoli

I have eaten there with others in my family and friends and we have all liked it and would dine here again. We liked the food, atmosphere, wait staff and basically found no area of dissatisfaction. They even brought me a desert and sang an Italian happy birthday song after my meal which was very sweet.

We ordered several items on the menu including pizza, chicken parm, a pasta dish with a sausage ragu, the lemon and strawberry flavored drinks and appetizers (I absolutely loved the fried vegetables).

It is my sense that if you like Italian food and do not have a bias about who makes it and where it is the best you will enjoy the food here. It was not the best food and pizza I have ever had in my entire life anywhere on the planet but we had a very enjoyable meal and would go back if we are in the mood for Italian food or pizza (and although this is not the best pizza I have ever had on the planet it is the best pizza I have ever had in FL...by far!).

Post Thanks / Like

Ate there last week and the pizza was good however the service was horrible! We had such a bad experience we will never go back again!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

well im glad im not the only one who had bad service...uh i mean sorry you did, but i was feeling like no one believed me. As i said, i loved the pixxa last yr, and i eat pixxa every wk as its my fav food.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

I love Via Napoli. I know good pizza. This is it.

I have always had good service here. However, last time, our waiter simply forgot to bring the kids chocolate milks with the drinks, and he BENT OVER BACKWARDS apologizing and trying to make up for it. Seriously. He felt SO badly and it really wasn't that big of a deal. We tried to reassure him that it was fine, but he honestly went out of his way to make sure it was. He comped the drinks off the bill for it. It made quite an impression that the servers, for the most part, and likely the management, wants you to have a good experience and they are empowered to make sure of it.

Just as a reminder, don't tolerate really bad service at WDW or elsewhere. Say something and give them a chance to make it better somehow. Sometimes, people need to be told when they have messed up, and it ends up being a learning experience. If you say nothing, they will not realize anything is wrong.

OP, try it. It's really good food! And, the waiters are nice to look at as well.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten there once. The food was wonderful (we had pizza), definitely top-notch as far as WDW restaurants. The service was friendly and prompt; almost too prompt, as they served the pizza right on top of serving the appetizer. This left us scrambling to find room at our tiny table for all the dishes, while the servers stood there holding our pizza and watching us. Very strange.

Anyway, despite this I will definitely go back. It was that good.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a party of ten and our waiter's tip was assured so I think that is the main reason we had such bad service! I guess he figured since he was getting a 100.00 plus tip no matter what kind of service he provided he would just give us horrible service. That is on the only reason I hate the over party of 6 tip thing!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We've dined here several times, always get pizza and the house salad, and it's always been very good. Good food and good service. We all enjoy it (adults and 2 teens).
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crltkcagle View Post
    We had a party of ten and our waiter's tip was assured so I think that is the main reason we had such bad service! I guess he figured since he was getting a 100.00 plus tip no matter what kind of service he provided he would just give us horrible service. That is on the only reason I hate the over party of 6 tip thing!
    No, I doubt he mailed it in because he knew he was getting a tip. I was a waiter years ago (Olive Garden), and I think it was the toughest job i've ever had. And I was a high school teacher, too! So, I can empathize with waiters who are just so busy that they have an off night. Waiters are people...they forget things, get things wrong, make mistakes, have bad moods, etc. Sure, its unprofessional to let your emotions affect someone else's meal, but it happens.

Unless I go to a restaurant numerous times and have consistently bad service, I usually write it off to bad timing on my part to happen to get this waiter during this bad evening. It's nothing personal against me. Just let them know in a courteous manner how your experience was, and help them learn from it instead of remaining silent to those who can actually help and then come into a public forum trashing the business.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

and if you have good service, also speak to a mgr. thats what i do at WDW for good service.
    MAYBE ill revisit in the future, but not in the near future. Theres too many other places and types of food.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM