Quantcast MNSSHP - Is it worth the price

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP - Is it worth the price

Taking my 14yr old DS to WDW in Oct. We are thinking about purchasing tickets for MNSSHP. Is the extra cost worth it?

Thanks in advance
    Thanks Everyone!!

MickeyFanKY

Go UK Wildcats!!!!!

Upcoming trip - 2012 - Coronado Springs
    2010 - Swan
    2008 - All Stars Music
    2006 - Animal Kingdom & Pop Century
    2004 - French Quarter
    1999 - All Star Movies
    1996 - Fort Wilderness
    Plus, A few times with parents off-sites

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been to the party a few times. We love Halloween and dressing up so it was alot of fun for us. We don't go every year but if you have never been I feel it is a must do if you have the finances. It is getting more crowded each year but the fireworks and the parade are worth it at least once. If you have been to the Christmas party we like the Halloween party much better.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

When I go with friends, mostly every year, they purchase one less day at the park...we usually go to the water park, come home catch our breath, change into our costumes and are at the gate at 4pm. Dinner ADR at tony's, LTT or Plaza for 4:15 I've gone almost every year for the past ten years. This year I'm going in October so maybe it will be more crowded...usually go in last September.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone the last two years and are going again in September. We LOVE the parade and the fireworks and the dance party with Woody and Jesse is really cool! We like all the special effects and the special photo pass opportunities as well as the 'special' guests that come out around the Haunted Mansion. It's just a different aspect of WDW for us and we love it!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

For the Halloween parties - yes

Halloween parade, trick-or-treating throughout the park, fireworks, Villains meet 'n greets and Castle shows, spooky stuff all over...

You can get into the park as early as 4:00pm with *just* your MNSSHP tickets, although "activities" don't start until about 7:00pm when day guests are leaving.

My suggestion, like Pirate Granny says, purchase one less day in the parks on your park tickets. Use that day as your "souvenir-shopping/water park/relax at the hotel pool and drink" day, plan a dinner at Tony's, Crystal Palace, or Liberty Tree Tavern, then enjoy the festivities Usually two parades; go to the second one at about 10:15. It's a lot less crowded, as most families with little ones will watch the first parade. Make sure to have your photo AND video cameras ready for the Ride of the Headless Horseman!
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    When I go with friends, mostly every year, they purchase one less day at the park...we usually go to the water park, come home catch our breath, change into our costumes and are at the gate at 4pm. Dinner ADR at tony's, LTT or Plaza for 4:15 I've gone almost every year for the past ten years. This year I'm going in October so maybe it will be more crowded...usually go in last September.
    Thats kinda our exact plan for this year LOL I like your style, lady!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I would for sure recomend the Halloween party, we have gone to 5 or 6 and absolutely LOVE them, the parade is so amazing its crazy!! Also be sure to ride Haunted Mansion, its so neat how the characters are sooo much more in character for the parties! I love it and wouldn't ever miss it if I had the opportunity!! I'd also suggest dressing up on something not terribly constricting (You need to still be able to ride things) but its so fun either way!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the things we do at WDW, the MNSSHP is our favorite. The atmosphere is amazing. We wouldn't think of missing.

Like most others have said, we usually take the afternoon to either swim or shop at DTD. Then we "power shnooze" for about 45 minutes at the resort. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe then boat ride (kids in costume) to the gate. It's a great evening. I'm getting excited thinking about it. Going back is September.!!!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

The MNSSHP is probrably myn favorite Holiday at disney we have been about 3 or 4 times. And absolutly love it
    Brittany

I Love Disney

been 23 times 24th is coming soon!!:)

Post Thanks / Like

Its just DW and I . We went the 1st time in 2009, and again in 2010. Unusual for us to go 2 yrs in a row, but we had just joined DVC and had to use our points.
    The 1st time we did not know what to expect, but we were both pleasantly enjoying the party. Even so, we had missed alot of good stuff. When we returned the following year, we knew better and had a real blast.
    We enjoyed ourselve so much that this year, we are doing it again, and bringing DWs side of the family with us.
    Is it worth it???
    HECK YEAH!!!
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Another YES vote here. We love this party! I doubt you will leave this event regretting your decision!
    Have fun!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to MSSSHP three times, and loved it every time. That being said, since we have already experienced it several times, we would probably forgo it on our next fall visit because of the price. But if we had never gone before, I would say it is worth the price to experience at least once. Know what I mean? If you have never been, I would say it's worth the money to experience at least once. After that you can decide how often to do it again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year, and after the fireworks, DD was able to go on every ride she wanted to with no line (even splash mountain and Peter Pan) ~ that alone made it worth it... The trick or treating was fun for alll of us also... We did not need all that candy though ended up giving most of it away....
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

i probably shouldnt say this here, PLEASE dont shoot me, I LOVE WDW honest!! but I think your 14 year old, unless she is very timid, might get more enjoyment from Universal Horror Nights. I would never advise this for younger kids, or older folk, but for teenagers, just maybe??

Post Thanks / Like

I second Jooyner - if you haven't been it's worth it to experience. When DD's were younger, they really enjoyed it and I did too. But now that the price is so high, I just can't afford to take them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

My sister and I saw it last October and loved it! The best place to see the parade is in Frontierland, the fireworks best placeseems to be near the front of the castle. If you're going ,definitely buy the tickets ahead of time and save money. Have Fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to decide the same thing. I am really torn as the tickets are really expesive.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    For the Halloween parties - yes

Halloween parade, trick-or-treating throughout the park, fireworks, Villains meet 'n greets and Castle shows, spooky stuff all over...

You can get into the park as early as 4:00pm with *just* your MNSSHP tickets, although "activities" don't start until about 7:00pm when day guests are leaving.

My suggestion, like Pirate Granny says, purchase one less day in the parks on your park tickets. Use that day as your "souvenir-shopping/water park/relax at the hotel pool and drink" day, plan a dinner at Tony's, Crystal Palace, or Liberty Tree Tavern, then enjoy the festivities Usually two parades; go to the second one at about 10:15. It's a lot less crowded, as most families with little ones will watch the first parade. Make sure to have your photo AND video cameras ready for the Ride of the Headless Horseman!
    Couldn't have said it better. A must do for our family
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see it this fall! We've done MVMCP 3 times now but have never been to MNSSHP... Totally excited! Only 99 days
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know you said your child was 14? My teens (13 and 15, both boys) do NOT want to go to MNSSHP. Now they love Disney and the parks, but have no interest in MNSSHP. We did take them once when they were smaller and they enjoyed trick or treating and the parade. Now, mine are into haunted houses and we go to Halloween Horror Nights over at Universal (an intense experience). They specifically ask not to go to MNSSHP. We took them to HHN for the first time last year (12 and 14)- but they have already experienced haunted houses at home so we thought they were finally ready.We had been before as a couple without the kids because they were too little to go. It's intense and sometimes gorey, so just warning you. We're fine with it but some people would not be.

You know your child and what they like, so if they are into a more "whimsical" experience then yes. If not, then I would skip it.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: