Quantcast Epcot Chic's Very Rainy Trip Report Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Epcot Chic's Very Rainy Trip Report Day 2

June 5th

We all slept in a little to around 7:45. We did not need to rush because we had 9:20 PS at Ohana’s. Today is DH and mine 7th wedding anniversary. We have dinner planned for just the two of us tonight at Tutto and later in the week we treated ourselves to the Undiscoverd Future World tour. Heading to breakfast with us is my DF and DB. DM is not a fan of this breakfast so she opted out of it.

Once we checked in we waited about 15 min and we got called. They greeted DH and I with our Anniversary buttons that I wore proudly all day. We sat down and the first character we met was Lilo. I am a HUGE Stitch fan so my daughter knows them already so that is why we choose this breakfast. DD was a little frighten I had to stand with her for the pictures but no tears. Pluto followed behind and DD had the same reaction. Then the little parade went off and I walked DD around the restaurant. She really enjoyed this. She got a glimpse of Stitch and all she wanted to do was meet him! Mickey came along and she was much more comfortable with him. Then Stitch finally came and DD was so happy!! Seriously moments like this are amazing!

After breakfast my DF got one of the private pool cabana’s until 2pm so I decided to check it out. We got done there by 11 am. We were greeted by our hostess who told us about our cabana. Afterwards I took DD in the pool. It was early so it was empty which was great for DD. I stayed by the pool area to around 1ish. We got a beautiful fruit platter in the cabana and I tried a Tangerine Dream, pretty yummy.

I went back to the room to shower. DH, DD and DF stayed by the pool but not for long they ended up in the room within 30 min. after me. A storm was coming and they cleared out the pool area. After showers DD and DH took a nap and I walked around the hotel enjoying the atmosphere.

My family had early PS at Le Cellier we were planning to meet them in Epcot and hand of DD to them so we can go to our Anniversary dinner at Tutto Italia. DD was still asleep and we moved her to the stroller to head to Epcot. Once we got there she was awake. We had sometime to spare so we took her to see Nemo, which she loved. We decided to meet my folks at the American Pavilion. While walking there DD got very attached to DH and did not want to leave him when we met my parents. At this time she had her only meltdown of the trip. DH and I finally got to dinner. We both got the buffalo mozzarella as an app. DH got lasagna and me a Bellini (YUM) and some sort of Fettuccini with bacon. It was ok a little too smoky for me. They surprised us with a chocolate mouse for our anniversary and I ordered the tiramisu it was AMAZING. We called my folks and DD was back to her best behavior. We started walking the countries. It started to rain when we exited China and decided to head to Mexico to hang. Well most people must have had the same idea. It was packed there. Grand Fiesta tour had an extremely long line as well at the tequila bar. DH went around taking pictures as I watched the weather radar on my phone. When I thought it was slowing down I ran outside to get a Fiesta Margarita. We were basically stuck in Mexico for an hour it was raining so hard. We got out at 8:30 and the rain completely stopped so we found a spot for Illuminations. I’m glad we did because of the weather this was one of the only opportunities to see it during the trip. It was EMH that night but with Test Track being closed we really saw the increase in Soarin, Mission Space and other attractions. So we decided to skip it. We slowly walked out stopped at Mouse Gears where I bought four vintage Epcot t-shirts. We got on one of the last monorails. I really hate how they cut off the monorail one hour after closing especially on EMH. I have heard some horror stories of people having to wait for busses. We got to the TTC and Wishes was just starting so stayed and watched. Walked back to the Poly it was 10:30 and picked up DD from my folks. Got in our room DD walked right to bed and went to sleep I don’t even know if I got a good night this time. DH and I followed right behind.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy belated anniversay! Sounds like it was a good day despite the rain!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great breakfast at Ohana! Also, that's nice that you and DH got a little alone time. Happy Anniversary!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

What a fabulous day (and belated Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!).

We are thinking about renting a Cabana when we stay at the Grand Floridian next month. Do you think the one you had on this trip was worth it?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy late anniversary!!! That sounds like a great day!!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful day!...rain and all.

Julie
    ş0ş emerzmom ş0ş
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

The cabana was great we really enjoyed it. My dad got it again for a full day our last day there. You receive a fully stocked refrigerator with soda and water and they will restock it for you throughout the day. You get a lovely complimentary fruit basket. You have a hostess who will bring you adult beverages if you wish (she will put them on your room tab). You can order in room dinning and even a massage. They have a flat screen TV with DVD player, a clock and Ipod station. There were 2 lounge chairs and 3 regular chairs and a couch looking thing and towels. We really liked having it! You can rent it for half or full day!
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great second day. No where I would rather be stuck in the rain than Epcot. Love the Mexican Pavilion and wouldn't mind being "stuck" there awhile.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Day, and the Cabana sounds Amazing!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Busy day even before your evening celebration began! I know when DS was a huge Stitch fan that breakfast was at the top of his list.

I agree - the cabana sounds amazing! Glad that DD simmered down after the handoff and that you and DH were able to have a nice evening together - except of course for that darn rain! Thanks for another great report!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary....Happy 7th!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy belated anniversary. Thanks for sharing it with us. Rain, rain go away...
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

happy belated anniversary! no better place to spend it! DH & I spent our 5th anniversary in WDW! so fun! the diver on the boat between the boardwalk area hotels and DHS made us stand up and kiss in front of everyone! lol. our two children really got a kick out of it!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another great day!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: