Quantcast Where would you never go again? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ57 View Post
    Universal Studios.... The park crew are rude, and very unprofessional, and scream at the folks getting on rides. They are always in a hurry, even when there are no crowds. I will never return to Universal.
    Awww, too bad you had such a bad experience. Our experiences with Universal have been pretty wonderful.

We visited Islands of Adventure during 2 different Disney trips for the WWOHP section of the park. We enjoyed it so much that during our Christmas trip to WDW we stayed onsite at Universal for 2 nights before heading to WDW. We did have a little bump in the road before we left home about a room discount, but once that was squared away we had no other issues. I felt their standards were right up there with Disney, and we didn't encounter any rude Team Memebers ( I think that's what they are called over at Universal). I still prefer Disney over Universal, but we really had an excellent time there.

As a matter of fact I can't imagine going to Universal and not staying onsite. And while I'm sure we won't visit Universal on every WDW trip, we definitely plan to visit more often than we have in the past.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nassau, Bahamas. Don't mind the cruise there and back, but have no desire to go into town ever again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Awww, too bad you had such a bad experience. Our experiences with Universal have been pretty wonderful.
    I agree--my son and I were there a few weeks and thought everything was first-rate. Stayed on site too, to take advantage of the Express Pass. That was fantastic.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ57 View Post
    Universal Studios.... The park crew are rude, and very unprofessional, and scream at the folks getting on rides. They are always in a hurry, even when there are no crowds. I will never return to Universal.
    I have never had this experience there in all of the years we have been going. Personally, I don't let the workers attitudes (even at Disney) effect my vacation, unless it gets to be on a personal level. We have vacationed many places where the workers can be less than friendly or even "dry" but I don't care as long as they answer my questions and don't get rude with me on a one on one level.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    South of the Border
    Didn't vacation there, but stopped there a couple trips ago. I remember stopping there in the past and it not being as bad as it was.
    I would rather wear adult diapers than ever have to stop there again!!!

Myrtle Beach
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Is this the place between South and North Carolina? If so, how could I forget that place. Definitely a place I would never stop at again. We stopped just for the novelty of it, but we were back in our car and leaving rather quickly. The place was such a dump!
    Yep, that's the place.
    We stopped on our trip down in 2008. I had stopped there in as a kid in the 80s. From what I remember, it wasn't that bad. But when we stopped on the most recent trip, it was a couple quick pics with the some gorilla "statues" and we were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I would rather wear adult diapers than ever have to stop there again!!!

I think not wearing adult diapers, if needed, would be the worse alternative of the two.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    it was a couple quick pics with the some gorilla "statues" and we were gone.

Hahaha, that's about all we did too. DH had a picture of him and his Army buddies on one of the gorillas. So we took a few snaps of the boys and DH with the gorilla, walked around a bit, then hightailed it out of there.

DH had stopped there several times in the late 90s. When we stopped with the kids it was around 2005. DH said he didn't remember the place being such a dump, but I figured it was because those were his "party days", what did he know back then?!?!? LOL. Perhaps it really wasn't as bad back in the day.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the Outer Banks a few years ago. We stayed in a big beautiful house with all of DH's extended family. The house was directly across from the ferry that goes to Ocracoke.

I'm an only child, and I am not really one to enjoy traveling with extended family. It was a bit much. I might not have minded if there was something, ANYTHING to do down there. But, we were at least an hour from anything, except for a tiny little shopping center across the street. There was a restaurant where everything that didn't move was fried, and a beach shop that sold towels and things like that. I'm used to the Jersey shore. I wanted boardwalks and rides and mini golf and stuff like that. There was no place to go at night. I *needed* to get out of that house for just a little while, and I couldn't. I thought I was going to lose my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I can totally sympathize with the disappointed Gatlinburg comments. Both DH and I had been there as kids and we remembered it as a charming little town. We were excited when we decided to stop on the way back from WDW one year. Man were we in for a shock! I don't know if it was always that tacky and we just misremembered or if it's gone downhill since then. Loved the Smoky Mts. Ntl. park though!

The second destination that we'd never go back to is Sebasco Harbor Resort in Maine. We love Maine! However, this destination was pretty much a total bust for us, and a very expensive one at that. I'd read about it in either Parents or Family Fun magazine and the way it was described made me think that it was a true family destination with fun things for kids of all ages and families to do together. Well, it's primarily a golfing destination and the activities described for kids was basically glorified daycare. We didn't drive all that way not to spend time with our kids! Little to no activities for families. With our youngest being only 2 at the time, there was basically nothing for her. We did stay in a cabin on a cove and that was great. The cabin was beautiful and the tide would go out in the cove a couple times a day so we could all walk out there and collect shells. That was the highlight of a very high dollar trip! Getting from the cabin to anything meant we ran a gauntlet of huge mosquitoes and had to cut through the golf course. The food was very expensive and very disappointing. We did do a pirate cruise as a family (most people just sent their kids) and that was cute. Extra cost of course. We were only there a few days and the bill was enormous. I almost wept when I paid it. And, of course, because we didn't have fun, I had to make the comparison to WDW. We could have easily had a week or more there for what we paid for a few days at this disappointing destination.

Post Thanks / Like

JAMACIA-
    We felt safe while at the resort (Sandals), but outside of the fence was a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captain j View Post
    JAMACIA-
    We felt safe while at the resort (Sandals), but outside of the fence was a different story.
    I totally agree with you on Jamaica. We went there on a cruise (Ocho Rios) and went on a shopping excursion. The shopping area was fenced and there were guards with guns. We were told not to leave the fenced area. Thanks but no thanks.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I could do without any visits to the Bahamian Islands, when we do our next cruise. The only way I would do a Bahama cruise, is if we spend our time at the Atlantis resort. I can't do long cruises so it is hard pick out some real nice short cruises that dont include the Bahamas to go on.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Universal. Don't ever have to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

wow.. I'm amazed at all the bad comments on Gatlinburg. It's one of my favorite places to visit. Maybe I have so many great memories of the place that I overlook it now? or maybe it's because I spend all my time in the mountains when I'm there, but I just don't see it as a bad place to go.
    I agree with Nassau Bahamas. Made a stop there on a cruise I took and I was very disapointed. We did a 'pirate tour excursion' and stopped at the 'pirate museum'.. oh my gosh, it was terrible. So yep.. been there, done that, never again.
    The comments on Jamaica have me worried. I am considering going to the Montego Bay Sandals resort next year. But if there are armed guards patroling areas, well, maybe I need to rethink this....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IwannabeinNarnia View Post
    The comments on Jamaica have me worried. I am considering going to the Montego Bay Sandals resort next year. But if there are armed guards patroling areas, well, maybe I need to rethink this....
    You'll be ok as long as you don't leave the resort.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: