Quantcast Epcot Chic's Rainy Trip Report Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Epcot Chic's Rainy Trip Report Day 6

June 9th

We woke up to the sun!! We have AK planned for today. DH, DD, DM, and DB go in. DF stays back to lie in the sun. We get to the bus depot and waited and waited I know we waited more than a half hour. Once we arrive to AK we decide to do the safari. DD loves animals. The wait was 20 min. Everything was going well until we stopped. A white rhino was in the road a couple of trucks a head of us. We waited and waited and waited and waited. They could not get the white rhino off the road!! We were stuck for 30 min!!!! Really turned me off to the safari. Thank God DD was patient. The driver said she never saw a white rhino be this stubborn.

Once we exited I had to find our stroller which they moved to a completely different area. We had about 40 min to our PS at the Yak and Yeti. So we slowly walked and looked at shops. We got there and they did not have our PS, thank God for smart phones and I pulled my reservation #. There it was!!! We sat down DH got ribs, DB got shrimp Lo Mein, DM got sweet and sour chicken, DD a hamburger, and I got veggie Lo Mein. I did not enjoy my food at all. We have eaten there twice before and I was happy but not this time. I think on my next trip I will take a break from there. It was getting very hot at that time. DM and DB went to do there own thing while I wanted to take DD to Festive of the Lion which is the total opposite end of the park which we were at. By time we got there DD was done! All she wanted to do was go in air condition stores and kept talking about going to the beach. I was not going to push her so DH and I decide to head back to the hotel. We pick up ice pops for the walk out, DH bys DD a monkey that hangs on her. We get to the bus depot and our bus was there and walked right own.

We thought DD would have fallen asleep on the bus but didn’t so when we got to the hotel I brought her too the pool. The Volcano pool was temp. closed b/c a child had an accident in it and they had to clean it up. We went to the quiet pool which was packed. As soon as we heard the Volcano pool was open we went there. It was packed!!! I could not find one chair to lay my stuff done. I finally found a table and chairs near the play fountain area. DD was happy with that. My DM and DF joined us. I got a Pina Colada and the clouds moved in. We stayed out there for an hour then decided it was going to pour any second (which it did) and went back to our room. We all showered and DD fell asleep watching Elmo on the portable DVD player.

DD, DH, DM and I were going to Tony’s in the MK while DB and DF were going to the Brown Derby for dinner. They were going to meet us back in MK b/c I wanted DD to see the MSEP. When walking into Tony’s a little old lady was stopping people at the door and saying I hope you have a reservation if you don’t, don’t come in. We checked in waited about 10min and got seated. We have eaten there before but it was the BEST I ever had there. I got spaghetti and meatballs and it was amazing!!! I was so happy we went there.

After dinner DM and I took DD to meet Mickey and Minnie it said it was a 5 min wait….more like 10-15 but it was worth it. DD was so happy and I got some great pictures of her with them. Afterwards I threw DD on my shoulders and ran to the castle to see Dream Along with Mickey. This show holds a special meaning to me. I would always put it on youtube and watch it with my daughter to the point where she had it memorized. Once we got there the show just started and Mickey was about to make his entrance and I started crying. Seeing it live instead of on the computer really hit me. I must have looked like a fool, but whatever.

After the show we met up with DH who was holding a spot for us for MSEP. My DF and DB were there as well. DB was super excited because they sat next to some MLB player from the Phillies (Please don’t ask names I have NO idea I’m not really into sports). We had 45 min to MSEP. DB and I ran to Adventurland to get a Dole Whip. I get back and DD is entertaining the crowd while dancing for everyone on Main Street.

The parade begins and DD loves it!!! Afterwards my folks said they would take DD back and DH and I can stay in longer. Which we took them up on. We watched the Magic, Memories and you and I cried……..again! There is something about that song that hits me…..hard. The new summer segments were great. I really love that show even though it makes me cry like a baby. We stayed and watched Wishes. Then instead of running out with the rest of the crowd DH got a bucket of popcorn and we found a bench near the castle to enjoy the environment. I was sad at this point b/c I realized the next day was our last full day here and too make matters worse they started another showing of the Magic the Memories and you. And I started crying again. DH took that as a cue to leave. We walked through the stores on the way out. There was a significant line at the resort monorail. Waited through 3 finally got on one. Got back to the Poly picked up a soda and DD. Then we all went to bed. I woke up that night sad because I had a dream it was playing the music from the magic the memories and you and I thinking of my daughters face so far throughout this trip. Seriously I am tearing up typing this now because I am thinking this.
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, white rhino in the road! Second report I have heard of that happening. The first time, I thought no way, white rhino is too dangerous to be roaming like that. I thought it was one of the animals they sectioned off so it only looked like they could get out on the roads. But no, apparently, it happens. Wow.

Pina colada by the pool, though, that part of your day sounds really awesome right about now.

But now I'm sad with you. That going home part is a killer.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day! That's good that you read your DD's cues and don't push her too much. Some crazy stuff with the rhino blockade and the pool situation, but glad you enjoyed Tony's!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Despite a few glitches including a white rhino in the road, you had a very lovely day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've never not cried on the Magical Express bus, which works out because Mom usually sleeps on it and I don't want her to see me crying cause she'll start and its just a bad snowball effect. I'm so happy you've had such a magical trip and got to see the shows that are so important to you and now your DD. I have truely enjoyed your reports so much, I'm grateful you took time from your day to write these.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

While the trip to AK sounds a bit frustrating, dinner at Tony's and seeing the show live, coupled with everything else sounds so special. If you ever look around when you're crying at Disney during these wonderfully emotional times, you'll notice that you're not alone. You got me teary-eyed!

I am sorry that your vacation time is coming to an end, though!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I always feel like people see me and think I'm crying because I'm sad but they are usually tears of joy. I think a lot of people can relate!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We took alot of photos of Rhinos on our safari in January. They seemed to be all up in the road and RIGHT next to the vehicles.

Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the report.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

another great day. without fail... i always cry (happy tears) several times during our trips. usually during mickey's philharmagic or illuminations! lol.
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting. We also love Tony's.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another great day..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: