Quantcast No More Debbie Downers: Let's Talk About The Good Stuff! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I know others had said this but my favorite is no driving. I drive for a living and when I get to my vacation spot that is the last thing I want to do. When I go to DL get a hotel across the street and car stays parked. WDW they pick me up at the airport and take it from there. And I just gotta say I love their bus drivers, after a long day at the parks they are so upbeat. Asking Disney questions, telling jokes and starting sing-a-longs. Its one of my favorite things.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydeb22 View Post
    LOVE, LOVE,LOVE this thread! I love that Disney helps make my special needs son feel like he belongs! !

This is another one of my favorite parts of WDW, I dont have any kids and when I get to see special kids seeing parts of the world for the first time, kids in general just see magic so deep but it seems like the special kids are just so wonderstruck by the beauty it makes my trip when I can see such things! It always makes me so happy just to witness such sweet innocence.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread, lots of feel good stuff

When we checked in yesterday, my head was a about to explode. As I type this, sitting in my cabana at the Contemporary, the Disney calmness has settled in. That for me is the magic and why it will always be our break from reality
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I love this thread, lots of feel good stuff

When we checked in yesterday, my head was a about to explode. As I type this, sitting in my cabana at the Contemporary, the Disney calmness has settled in. That for me is the magic and why it will always be our break from reality
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Dreaming I am there, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread as well. And I honestly have no real gripes about Disney! I'm very thankful we live just 40 minutes from the magic And it's truly my escape from reality. It's like an immediate fix. The moment I enter one of the parks, I'm lost! And the joy and happiness my boys have when we go....priceless!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Faves:

No driving.

The ability to check in and to go into full blown " relaxed vacation mode" without a day or to transition...the stress disappears as soon as I see the purple signs.

Lots of hassle free recreation options.

Above average to excellent customer service.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I love enjoying the pure joy my children experience going on their favorite rides and having all those uniquely Disney World experiences.

I'm really loving watching my twins discover their love of the rides and the parks, too. I forgot a little bit how great it is when they first start to have their little opinions of rides (they love Small World!) and how they start to get excited and point at things and blabber to each other.

Every time we go I come back and think about what great family together time we had and I wanna go back!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Buttercup, perfect screen name for a perfect topic. I'm glad to read some positive posts.

For me, I cannot accurately describe how much I love coming here with my family. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed with joy, thinking about the next upcoming trip.

My beautiful, wonderful, DD9 has anxiety issues. Sometimes she has difficulty sleeping, because her mind won't give her a break. So, at night, we take "mind vacations." I walk her through a Disney trip, to help her relax.

We usually start with the night before our departure as I describe where we will eat and shop for the trip. I tell her, we'll talk about all the things we hope to see and do. Then I give her details about the airplane trip and the Magical Express journey to our resort. I go through several days -- detailing each day's events -- to help her unwind.

And it's a place where our whole family can enjoy being together...and that's what I love the most. Two years ago, we went to Cedar Point. There was very little my DD or DS could do there. We ended up splitting up, with me and my DD riding the Iron Dragon about 7 times, and my DW and DS in kiddieland (or Camp Snoopy).

It's not like that at Walt Disney World. We ALL can ride POTC and enjoy it. We ALL can ride Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan, TTT, and so many other attractions there are too many to name.

During the summer, I work 7 days a week and get to spend precious few hours with my family. My weekends are always booked solid. (We own a small sealcoating company and the weekends are our busiest times because lots are empty.) At WDW, we get to be with each other 24/7. I don't have to worry about transportation. I can just enjoy my family.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I think they do a good job of keeping up the atmosphere, so they leave you enough, but wanting more. That's why we all keep coming back. That and the legally addictive treats from Germany.

Post Thanks / Like

No matter how bad my day is going I can think of Disney or an upcoming trip I have planned there and BAM I feel better. Its truly an experience like no other.

They cater to special needs as best they can and you just don't see that kind of attention at other resorts/vacation destinations.

Also we find the cast members to be a loveable and friendly group! Very helpful!
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Many things I love about WDW.

A big one is the baby centers. Seriously, this have helped me so much. When DS1 was a baby and then when I was pregnant with DS2. Those are so crazy clean every single time we use one. The staff is incredibly friendly.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    Many things I love about WDW.

A big one is the baby centers. Seriously, this have helped me so much. When DS1 was a baby and then when I was pregnant with DS2. Those are so crazy clean every single time we use one. The staff is incredibly friendly.
    Oh yes!! I agree. I love those too. The nice cool dimly lit nursing room was a life saver for my [then] nursling and my over stimulated ASD son!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a great thread! I am trying to gather my thoughts! I have tons of good stuff!
    The memories are my first. I am 35 and have been going since I was an infant. I have had trips with my Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles that are no longer with us. I remember so many things about each trip. Those memories that Disney provides are priceless.
    Character interactions and magical moments is another one. I still remember Goofy lying down on the sidewalk with my 3 year old sister (I was 5) looking up at the sky. I will never forget a little girls face going up to the Santa at DTD...with all that magic just in her expression. The Give Kids The World children having moments with their favorite characters. It all just warms my heart. My training story as a cast member when Mickey told us how they use every talent and Mickey knew sign language so communicated with a child who could not hear. All these memories choke me up everytime.
    The fireworks show make me cry everytime too. The music as you walk through each park. Meeting great cast members that make your day.
    All of it!
    Now I get to watch it through my own children's eyes. It makes my heart soar just hearing my 3 year old ask daily "can we go right now to animal kingdom lodge?" i find him reading my magazines on Disney. Now I get to relive all those magic moments I had and make new ones for my 2 boys.
    Plus I thank Walt Disney daily as I found out after lots of struggles that I was pregnant with each of my boys while I was at a Disney park! So my dreams really came true at Disney! Disney will always be near and dear to my heart.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Joannelet, that's a touching post.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

My "good feeling" thought?

The fact that Walt's name remains on the property in Florida

Too many people have really *forgotten* that "Walt Disney" was, in fact, a real, live, dreaming human being. The man personified "genius". Every time I see something on TV with Walt in it (the man, not the name), I get tears in my eyes.

Watching "Walt Disney: The Man and the Myth", I think it was Marty Sklar who summed it up this way: "Walt was...Walt had one foot in the past. He loved the nostalgia; just look at Main Street, USA. He was also a dreamer for the future. Tomorrowland was hard to keep 'updated', but EPCOT Center was our greatest achievement." Maybe this is why EPCOT is my favorite park; it *was* Walt's dream.

Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I was really worried about the Star Tours attraction re-tooling after the disaster with changing El Rio Del Tiempo. However they have done an amazing job with it, and I think it is even better than the original. I rode it twice and loved it both times! They hit it out of the park, for sure...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    I was really worried about the Star Tours attraction re-tooling after the disaster with changing El Rio Del Tiempo. However they have done an amazing job with it, and I think it is even better than the original. I rode it twice and loved it both times! They hit it out of the park, for sure...
    I totally agree with you. On our last trip, that was one of our favorite rides.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

It's the only vacation spot where I get treated like a princess each and every time!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with so much that has already been said. We just came back from a small trip to myrtle beach and while we were there, and when we go on other trips, we constantly compare. We say things like, see this is why I like disney, we don't have to set around and wonder where are we going to go next, and worry about spending more money doing it. I love that it's all already paid for. Plenty to do, old favorites, and new things to try, and without more money coming out of my pocket. I love that Im familiar with everything but also have new things to experience.

No other place gives me the same goosebumps feeling like disney. Nothing like walking into MK and walking up to the castle and seeing the joy on my kids' faces. Makes me cry every time!

I love the ts dining experiences. Especially free dining! Love free dining promotions!

I love that in some magical way they have made everything where it appeals to both the parents and the kids. The parents aren't miserable having to suffer through their kids favorite things and vice versa.

I love that I can always set down and plan or read about disney and escape to my happy place and memories. It always helps me to unwind from the stresses of the real world.
    My "negative" note is that we love disney so much that while we go on other vacations we wish that we were at disney!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Well they have to be doing something right, because I'm taking a 2 week vacation there in August and I'm staying on property with no rental car or intentions on leaving WDW for the entire 14 days. I think that's saying something.

Also, WDW does right:

• A variety of wonderfully themed and priced places to stay.
    • A plethora of well-themed, delightfully satisfying, restaurants from which to choose.
    • The best theme park attractions in the world, imho.
    • Free transportation to and from their property and within their property.
    • The only place in the world where I willingly watch a parade and fireworks display.
    • Memories that last a lifetime.

More Specifically:
    • Wilderness Lodge
    • Port Orleans Riverside
    • Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Splash Mountain
    • Kilimanjaro Safaris
    • Soarin
    • RocknRollercoaster
    • Crystal Palace
    • San Angel Inn
    • Sci Fi Dine In Theatre
    • Yak and Yeti
    • Artist Point
    • Whispering Canyon
    • Boatwright's
    • The Monorail
    • The MK Ferry
    • Area Music
    • Cast Member Costumes
    • Cast Members
    • Chip and Dale
    • Stitch
    • Ariel
    • and of course... Mickey Mouse
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: