Quantcast Norm nowadays? Or no? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I myself have never heard of this. A gift registry is typically used for weddings and baby showers. Is this kid very wealthy? I would browse through the gift registry and find something affordable otherwise buy a cheap toy at Target and apologize to the hostess with the excuse that you were having internet problems so you couldn't view the registry.
    LOL.. I would never "apologize to the hostess " if you are friends or family with this person, they should be ashamed to ask you to go to a registry for a 2 year old and buy something "they " want or feel their child would want. I would buy what I can afford and something my kids would like to give and NEVER feel I needed to apologize for it. And if they don't like it. DONATE IT!! To a child that has NOTHING... How dare you ask me to pick from a list that makes me so mad. I honestly don't even like it when it's a Baby Shower or Wedding. I guess I wasn’t raised that way. That you have to tell me what to get you. And If I don't my gift isn’t good enough... Whatever!!

That's just me
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Appalled? Yes. Surprised? No. I figured it was only a matter of time before birthday registries began. I have no problems with wedding or baby shower registries, however that's where I draw the line.

As for gift ideas, I don't think it's THAT difficult. Either buy something age appropriate, with a gift receipt, or buy something to match the party theme.

I agree it's gotten completely out of hand.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    @ buzznwoodysmom, I think She attached a paper to the invitation, so she wouldn’t get flooded with calls asking "what size" & " what does he want"
    Yes, I am sure that was her intention, but it's still tacky in my book. LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh My...
    Entitled people really do take things to a whole new level!!!!

Geez.... 4 months in advance? I think I'm busy on that day!!!!!!!

Funny I just watched a recent episode of RHONJ, where Melissa had a party for her daughter, and probably dropped a cool $5,000. Was it any better than a $250 at home party? Probably not to the kids who attended. When my girls were little it was all about the goody bag and getting crazy with their friends.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    @ buzznwoodysmom, I think She attached a paper to the invitation, so she wouldn’t get flooded with calls asking "what size" & " what does he want"
    Those are the questions that you ask when you RSVP.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

The other challenge now is that very few actually RSVP or even check their regular mail. I mailed out my dd's invites 3 weeks before the party and only received 1 RSVP. I then called all of those that were invited and several of the families only check their mail once a month and hadn't checked their mail yet.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    That's a good one...lol. who really RSVP's
    But your right..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa. That's way over the top! If it were me, I would decline.

Reminds me of something a friend told me recently. Apparently the mother of a little girl in her daughter's kindergarten class regularly sent out invites for parties. Not a birthday party invitation, just random parties she decided to throw. Get this. On every invitation to these non-birthday invites was the message not to bring gifts - her daughter prefers Target or Toys-R-Us gift cards instead!!! What?! Who does that? That would be awful to put on a birthday invite, but a random party invite?

Our girls had parties when they were younger, a handful of family members and a handful of friends, just at our house. The last few years we just have a few family members over for cake and do a special family outing like the zoo or the waterpark.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! I think it is so rude and presumptuous to register for your child's birthday party!! I have always thought that part of the fun of going to a birthday party is creating or picking out, or letting your child pick out, a really great gift to give.

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    This made me laugh because RSVP'ing is definitely a dying art and I am in the process of planning my best friend's baby shower so currently dealing with it. It is in 8 days, we sent out 37 invites and have had 2 people RSVP. This makes it so difficult to plan food, etc.
    And I only sent the invites out 4 weeks in advance
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyatic View Post

This made me laugh because RSVP'ing is definitely a dying art and I am in the process of planning my best friend's baby shower so currently dealing with it. It is in 8 days, we sent out 37 invites and have had 2 people RSVP. This makes it so difficult to plan food, etc.
    And I only sent the invites out 4 weeks in advance
    You are right about that. I hosted a couple's shower (think bridal shower, but with couples instead of just ladies) last Oct. We got very few guest RSVPs, mostly the older guests (friend's of the couple's parents). Facebook is how many of them let us know they were coming. I don't have Facebook, so it was difficult to know the number of guests to expect, but we made do just fine.

I always RSVP for showers, weddings, adult surprise parties, major events. I think it's still the proper thing to do. However, I don't think it's necessary to RSVP for a child's birthday party. First of all there is no real need for a headcout for a child's party. Unless of course the party is at a venue that requires an advanced head count, in that case I do RSVP. But an at home child's party.... I don't usually RSVP.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: